What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You are given a lump sum of $25,000. What would you do?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kinda not sure anyone understands how little 25k is. yeah it might be alot to people who have two dollars, but 25k is nothing really, and can be spent on pointless crap in no time. also where are you going to buy land in a clean safe area in the US for anything under 700k??? we also just might have really different standards then..

I say buy something nice for 1-2k that you've wanted, and keep the rest for emergency..

We all have different standards and how we do things, but if you want to feel good when you go to the bank, I say leave it there. rich people stay rich by saving, not spending..

at the end of the day, you need to listen to your instincts as it will never guide you wrong..

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

We all have different standards and how we do things, but if you want to feel good when you go to the bank, I say leave it there. rich people stay rich by saving, not spending..

at the end of the day, you need to listen to your instincts as it will never guide you wrong..

So you're saying leaving money @ a bank these days is supposed to make you feel good?

I'd say it's more like exactly the opposite!
In this country they can take it from you in a heart beat...and there's nothing you'd be able to do about it.

N

nukkumatti

Get a bungalow in the middle of some tropical waters and fuck off for the whole negative greedy world! :D:D

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
it definitely wouldnt be on a tropical island ;)

there is rural land in the southern us that goes for 2k-3k, so 10 or so acres for my homestead would be plenty for me (for now :D)

peace

hardraade

In scand. theres a lot of old military sites thats being sold off insanely cheap. It goes for about 100 000 kr. roughly 20 k of u'r prescious dollars;)
But bare in mind, that the status on these things vary from the german ww2 bunkers to 1980 when the modern radarsystem that didnt need all the basestations, was launched.
the germans build well over 7000 bunkers just in the western Norway.
Many biiig submarine bunkers with 5 m thick walls.
cool enough for u?

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
it definitely wouldnt be on a tropical island ;)

there is rural land in the southern us that goes for 2k-3k, so 10 or so acres for my homestead would be plenty for me (for now :D)

peace

See!

NOW we're talkin'!
icon14.gif

I'd go to and get a few cannibus cup tickets, and then put it down on a new home and grow the shit out to make it alll back. Then move to cali.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Buy a pair of shoes and take the wife to all the other countries we want to visit until the money runs out. Go back to working and growing weed next day.

Jack that figure up quite a bit and it changes to "Take the wife and move out of the country." Someplace nice, Spanish is easy for us so that might be something.

N

nukkumatti

LOL funny you said that...you know...after a while doing that get's old real quick!

Well I would fix few more and invite some friends there;)

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
8000$ will get me out of all debt

buy a few more pounds then I normally did an hustle 2x as hard.

Put the remaining 100000 away to start making sum $

mdk ktm

Make a trip out to cali and pick up a bunch of outdoor. Turn that 25 into 50-60k. And then buy a short sale house in my area. I would then take many clones, and put 6000w or 8000w in the house. Grow for awhile and remodel the house, then Flip the house and pick up a bigger house that is foreclosed/short sale.