What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 Advanced seeds growing outdoors

inbetween

This is my first diary, as i have 3 young seedling on the go i thought i'd show their growth cycle whilst the're maturing :)

I Germinated the seeds on 4th of July and the first photo's you see were taken 19th july.. No food added so far to date.

Jack Plant
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74013&pictureid=1765573

Kaya 47
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74013&pictureid=1765574

White Kush
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74013&pictureid=1765575

I am going to start feeding with Kaya solution grow mix from today as they have just been delivered

Nutrients
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74013&pictureid=1765572

Maybe a little late in the day for planting outdoor, but they will finish in pots so i can move if weather turn bad :comfort:

inbetween

Just had an after thought.. yes it happens sometimes when i have nothing to vape :/ May as well had the rest of my grow, we all know how slow the seedlings take and it'll be a number of weeks before they have any wow factor...

The only reason these sweet(tai)fem, NLxHaze(reg) from sensl, purple buds(white label)fem didn't have their own journal/diary is i don't remember exact date of planting. I'm guessing roughly for both the sweet seeds and white label beginning of June and the old seeds of sensi last week in June..

These are the nutes are started using today instead of 10 year old wonder grow from wilkos, the seedling had the roots explosion mix and the bigger plants had a dose of the grow explosion..

picture.php

recent photo of sweet tai and purple bud at the back in black pot
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73986&pictureid=1765198
Northern lights x Haze regs, from a couple of days ago
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73992&pictureid=1765028

Other seeds on the go from 14th July are, 2 sleepy yoda autos from Philosopher seeds and a sweet soma auto from 00seeds.
I guess now we sit back and watch them grow, checking for bugs of course along the way :)

inbetween

Oooohhh noooo, what have i done..

I'm such a sinner i just germinating all 10 of my sweet mix autos i wish i could honestly say in was a mistake :whiteflag:

I guess if the pop i'll had them to diary, hope it'll help me feel less guilty somehow :wtf:

Easy7

Veteran
The thing about planting late is they will flower no matter what, and after a shorter veg.

Plants can go out at 14:20 day hours, when the sun breaks the horizon going up or down in the fall and start to stretch at that in the late summer.

Days are actually shorter further south towards the equator than more north. Same day length as Humboldt county here.

The plus of less veg time are smaller plants, thus easier to hide and less yield of weight can be a legal issue. Bad side is also less yield if weight isn't a forethought.

inbetween

Knowing sweet seeds, my guess is 10 plants better thread :~/
Luckily or hopefully the plants are fairly well private, from what i gather if it's private and not seen i should be okay..

Thanks for the input and knowledge Easy7, yeah i knew it was late in the day to plant more, so looking through my seeds i went for the autos for that reason. Mainly for 2 reasons, one i still think they could produce buds quicker than the ones i have established. Yes, things we do to get a smoke a few weeks earlier :~/

Secondly, i did try some autos pre summer. They did provide, but they were stretched due to lack of light growing indoors in front of window..My thought was to get them in while the weather is still good here, guesstimate maybe another 8 weeks strong sun will help them more than another indoor grow during winter.

Basically i reckon to get enough green to last through the year and close the grow down and tidy the place up ready for moving.. Well kinda made sense when i introduced the seeds to moisture anyways :)

inbetween

Update on the germination.. got a funky going on in top right, hope she'll be okay.

Some pest problem going on with the bigger plants, i think but not sure could be spider mite. I don't see any bugs though... hope someone puts me right?

inbetween

Yes last 10 germed 21st July... 2 of the others are autos too, planted around the 14th July. The rest are fems and regs

inbetween

Quick update on latest germination of sweet mix auto, 9 are starting the transition out of the soil.. the one on photo in previous post (top right) didn't make it, seems it was a deformed seed with only one leaf and no tap root. I guess it just expanded when it got moist. All in all i ain't gonna complain to sweet seeds about it, forget how many of their seeds i've germed in the past and first time ever one failed... Like they say, sh*t happens :)

inbetween

Photo's on how the advanced seeds are growing 1 week on since first update..

Kaya 47

Jack plant

White Kush

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?
albumid=74013&pictureid=1767652&thumb=1

All seem healthy, not sure if they grow quick for age or just kinda normal.. but they grow, this must be good

Also a quick photo of the other plants that are further on, little difficult getting a good photo now they are expanding and filling the area i have the pots. I guess another week i'll need to think of rearranging to fit them in better, i'd like to put them closer to one side of the walkway instead of in the middle. But one side they get less sun behind the green mesh fence, the other side not so good if it rains as it would hit the plants off a tin roof.. i'm sure i'll work something out..

Happy grows everyone :tiphat:

inbetween

Finally a shot of one of the 9 baby sweet seed auto, all the same just varying shades. little cutey is only about 3-4 days old from germination but looking good.. would have put on previous post but limited to 5 pic :(

inbetween

Not so talkative on this site so i reckon i'll just keep to uk 420 and continue the updates of grow from there.. maybe finish this thread when the plants are fully matured.. So i guess a few months :)

Hasta luego amigos

inbetween

yeah sorry mate, just havin a downer over the grow today with things going tits up a bit..

Mainly the constant heat is setting the grow back.. got to thinking not point in doing a diary of a sh*t grow... Not only did i have a deformed seed, but down another sweet seed from the beginning. I think that was no good maybe from the start, or should i say enough stored food for 3 days then died..
On top of that been having a battle with aphids on my sweet pepper, but close to main crop and that could end in serious if not controlled.. So yeah worrying a bit on the end result, but i guess i've managed the bugs in the past.

Ooohhh blooming heck i just spotting something positive.. wow! i can now edit may posts, things might be looking up :)

How's your babies growing Gantz? hopefully perfect with no quirks

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
I think there should be some natural options for those pesky bugs. icmag has a huge support network. there's a plant problem section. and you should be able to use the search function like crazy.

sorry to hear that mate. temperatures have been soaring here too. i was hoping id have some cloudy days while i try hardening my little ones over a few days. that didn't happen so i went to my chino, got some shade cloth and installed it. not sure how one justifies shade cloth on a roof... but im going with it. they spent the entire day under it and they are fine.

i'll post some of this on my thread too in a bit after i have stripped my images of all important information.

inbetween

I think i'm on top of the bugs, but for sure a big eye is still scanning the leaves on plants morning and night.

For the heat i potted up in to bigger pots the 3 advanced seeds.. so now in 11L pots, i did notice the roots weren't as progressive as i would have thought. Hopefully just shying away from ages of the pots with the heat, or worse were been burnt. We'll see in next days if it made a difference.

The 8 remaining sweet mix autos i was going to repot, but after the first one i realized i could maybe damage the roots with the soil breaking up. So i've made up their new homes with soil but not removed the smaller pots yet till their roots have formed more, this way they can still have protection from the heat. Well thats the plan :)

Latest posts

Latest posts