What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

trump proposes 95% cut to office of national drug control policy

Legalize yes, regulate no.

Allow me to expand a bit.

If eveything was just legalized then a lot of the same problems would exist. Plus practically everything that's legal is regulated in some way. I'm not saying everything should be extensively regulated though. In the case of Cannabis the legal markets are already being regulated and we still have problems with people selling one strain as something else, making up strain names, contaminated and/or unflushed buds, etc.

As far as other drugs it would help if you could go to a pharmacy and get whatever pure compound you want, in limited quantity. Also, places that have legalized things like cocaine and heroin have seen reduced use.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Trump stuck Christie on an opioid commission. Good place for him. Gives Christie a position in the administration but puts him a box at the same time, so to speak. Trump had to give that turd something, even though I get the feeling Trump doesnt like Christie very much.
I hope Christie does something about the opioid crisis we have here in the states. It's a real problem. I know Im not the only one here who has seen the heartbreak and devastation addiction to opioids can cause.
Maybe they will realize that marijuana is a tool that can help many of those suffering with opioid addiction kick the habit.

Borderliner

Part of a fix to the opioid crisis is for government to stop doing things that don't help which were touted to be part of the solution. Since the 90's od'd in the usa have quadrupled. By any measure that reflects on the office of the drug czar.

Borderliner

I'll pray for Christie to have some impact but it is a complex situation and don't expect to much. Glad to save on tax payer spending for such an waste.

the ONDCP is a massive failure that needs to go. not only have opiate abuses sky rocketed its not getting any better. i remember going to DARE classes in elementary and middle school where the guy told us pot was just as bad as heroin. after my first joint i wondered what else they had lied about.

chris christie is not the guy for reducing opiate use, he cant even combat his own demons. its like going to a weight loss class where the coach/instructor is morbidly obese.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
The Opioid crisis is impossible to solve...Doctors and pharmaceutical company are fine up standing people$$$$
Now the Mexican cartel well that's a horse of a different color....Well Weed growers we need to bury them fuckers under the jail.

I have heard those pharmaceutical Co have amazing retreats free of charge for doctors and their sweet families.... beautiful sunsets I imagine.

meadowman

christie is all for big corporations$$$$ he's proved it time and again. we all know the cia isn't going to stop importing heroin………..

Green Squall

Trump stuck Christie on an opioid commission. Good place for him. Gives Christie a position in the administration but puts him a box at the same time, so to speak. Trump had to give that turd something, even though I get the feeling Trump doesnt like Christie very much.
I hope Christie does something about the opioid crisis we have here in the states. It's a real problem. I know Im not the only one here who has seen the heartbreak and devastation addiction to opioids can cause.
Maybe they will realize that marijuana is a tool that can help many of those suffering with opioid addiction kick the habit.

Exactly. Trump has to throw Christie a bone for supporting him during the campaign.

-----------

When it come's to opiates, I like this method for dealing with addiction. It's called the The Police Assisted Addiction and Recovery Initiative.

http://paariusa.org/

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll pray for Christie to have some impact but it is a complex situation and don't expect to much. Glad to save on tax payer spending for such an waste.

Politicians like cristi are the equivalent of schedule 1 drugs= controlled substances :laughing:

Have you seen the cannabis documentaries where people from his own state had to move to Colorado in order to treat their children with seizures, which are no doubt vaccine related

Can be seen on Vice Channel tv

Borderliner

The proposed $364 million cut would leave a budget of just $24 million for the office and would eliminate its two major grant programs. The ONDCP is the lead White House office shaping policy on the nation's opioid crisis, among other responsibilities.

The eliminations involve the high-intensity drug-trafficking area program, which just received — under a catchall government-wide spending bill signed by President Trump on Friday — $254 million for grants to help states and localities to fight drug trafficking, and the $100 million drug-free communities program, which helps local organizations battle drugs in their communities. The programs have widespread bipartisan support among lawmakers.

dddaver

Veteran
IMHO, with all these things Trump says, while most of them have popular appeal, yet even his own staff often disagrees with them and many of the things he says are just physically undo-able. Never even mind what the democrats say. What has he actually done except piss people off then go down to FL without his family on Thursday evening to start his 3 day weekend. Make no mistake, he is in it soley for himself and people just like him.

Trump makes a lot of noise, but the way I see fed MMJ actually playing out is a shift to Sched II so big pharma will control it and NO home growing will be legal. Not even personal use.

Hope I'm wrong. But I think most people here will just do what they have always done. I think we can hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Trump makes a lot of noise, but the way I see fed MMJ actually playing out is a shift to Sched II so big pharma will control it and NO home growing will be legal. Not even personal use.

I think you're being overly pessimistic. The feds never had the power to effectively enforce cannabis law on their own. It fell mostly to State & local authorities. That's strongly reinforced with this new States' Rights paradigm, particularly at the prosecutorial level. Jury nullification looms large in cases where the defendant is state legal. The Cole memo neatly avoids that possibility and it was, I suspect, a big part of the reason for issuance.

Spaventa

Veteran
The federal government, like our UK government, will never legalise it. Why US and UK? The directive comes from interests who's influence is greatest in the US and UK. They own our governments. They also own pharmaceutical companies, own IP rights to drugs and research that would all be flushed down the toilet with the availability of cannabis.
Thats 10s of BILLIONS they would lose annually on cancer drugs, anti depressants and pain killers alone.
It makes no difference because of the first point but the government won't be tempted by this idea of making money out of weed. Its too easy to grow and too many people to regulate. It would be impossible to enforce regulation and collect all the taxes. All the cost of the agencies to try to do so would just cost the government. ANY relaxing of legislation would only erode the deterrent. No, the government make plenty off their masters without doing anything just for keeping it illegal.

It will never be legal unless we get those fucking Rothschild monkeys off our backs. All them ultra rich banking families need to be cast out. Id send them ALL the to Brian Epstein island to live with each other lol

Brother Nature

So anyone know where this money is going to end up? Did they cut funding to the ONDCP so they could give it back to the largest Cartel in the world, the DEA?

Borderliner

So anyone know where this money is going to end up? Did they cut funding to the ONDCP so they could give it back to the largest Cartel in the world, the DEA?

as posted above [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$254 million for grants to help states and localities to fight drug trafficking,[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] and[/FONT] the $100 million drug-free communities program.

The DEA might get some but haven't seen it publishished yet.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

rolandomota

Chris Christy is very much against marijuana for heroin addicts. J sessions is his mentor. Have u seen christy lately hes on a diet

dddaver

Veteran
So anyone know where this money is going to end up?

In Trump's pocket.

Maybe I'm overly pessimistic because I live in FL, not CO. So I see what a republican held legislature and governor's office can do at the state level. And what party controls the fed legislature and presidency?

I PERSONALLY think my view is realistic, and not really so pessimistic. And another reason I think as I do has to do with what an earlier poster said about the money. We're talking BILLIONS in potential losses to some rich, heavily lobbied fat cats at the federal levels, as well as the HUGE industry.

Trump reacts strongly to popular opinion, which is going against bs like the ONDCP, and he is a savvy businessman. So defunding something like that is good business and good politics to him. Then putting a nitwit puppet that will do whatever he says at it's head, is just exactly his modus operendi.

chris christie back peddled the cuts this morning. via thehill:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) on Tuesday said he has “good reason to believe” the Trump administration will not make massive budget cuts to the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP).

Asked by ABC News’ “Good Morning America” about the proposed 95 percent cut to the office, Christie said he doesn’t “believe it’s going to happen.”

“So you’ve expressed that to the president?” host George Stephanopoulos asked.

“I just don’t believe it’s going to happen in George,” Christie said.
Pushed on the potential steep cuts, Christie insisted he does not believe the office budget will be gutted.

“I have a good reason to believe it’s not going to happen,” Christie said.

“You’ve been assured it’s not going to happen?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“I have good reason to believe it’s not going to happen, George,” Christie reiterated.

The White House is proposing to cut nearly the entire budget for the ONDCP, slashing its funding by about 95 percent, The Hill was told last week.

In late March, Trump signed an executive order creating a commission to combat opioid addiction, helmed by Christie.

Latest posts

Latest posts