What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DHS secrectary: Marijuana 'not a factor' in drug war

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Before this thread gets shut down I gotta get this thought out of my head.

OJ Simpson...
The court says he's innocent.
We all have no choice but to accept that.
Some may feel it's complete hogwash that the glove bs was was allowed.
Some may feel the racist cop angle was bs.
Some may say..... tough shit! I'm of this opinion. But although I may have started crip walkin in a pigs eye if they were there when I heard the verdict. It's not racial.
It's more just a FUCK THE POLICE kinda thing.
But to my point, many of us believe the dudes guilty as hell.
Myself included.
So as I have no choice but to accept the courts decision. I don't accept it enough to respect a word he's saying about his innocence. Haha
Same goes for Sessions and trump. We have no choice but to accept that Sessions is currently the AG. But not so much I respect a fukin word coming out of his mouth!!haha

And just like there's nobody to blame but Marsha Clark for OJ being found innocent, we have nobody to blame but trump for Sessions being AG.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
While I don't find myself defending trump much
The question begs to be asked
If he is wholly unqualified for the position he holds, is it his fault someone he appoints is a relic who refuses to learn?
I mean technically, sessions is wholly qualified for the job. He is a lawyer

paper thorn

Veteran
i'll give you a complete answer tomorrow Resin_Lung, stroke symptoms are just ttoo sotrng right now. bad haedache. gotta go to bed

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Im sorry to hear your not feeling well Paper Thorn. There's no need to rush compadre.

I hope you took my posts as the friendly explanation of my thought process it was meant to be and not an attack. I can see my writing style not being the gentlest but I spent a lot of time with plumbers from a very early age.lol

I have a lot of good friends and they all smoke weed but they don't care about it other than having some to smoke. I'm greatful to be able to have people on this site to share and discuss this plant with. Yourself included so feel better.

Sincerely.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
If he is wholly unqualified for the position he holds, is it his fault someone he appoints is a relic who refuses to learn?

Fkn great question sub!

How long have you been saving that one?haha

I'm gonna have to chew on it for while!

I feel like a dog after someone's thrown a bone in the yard!haha

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran

I don't wanna chew on it too long though. This is a discussion so I can't be afraid to be wrong. Right?

To me, this is worded like one of those complicated math questions! "If a train is traveling north"!haha In the end the answer will be obvious, but not before my ego is gone!haha

To answer your question I'd say......Fault??? Haha Not so fast brother. If you will allow me swap "it his fault" for "Trump to blame if" I'd say yes. Absolutely.

"Fault" is like what I'm not sure is fair.

Was it Marsha Clarks fault that the district attorneys office didn't have better prosecutors? No. Its not her fault.

But she IS the one used in law school to show students what not to do.

The court papers show her fuk ups. Not the district attorneys offices.

I feel better with blame. Blame because I only need to go to the closest person responsible. Marsha Clark.

Fault in my mind takes it to the D.A's office and I gotta believe in my heart they wanted OJ guilty. They put their best foot forward. Marsha Clark was a competent attorney. More than competent. But completely out matched. I can't fault the D.A. for putting their best foot forward. They didn't have a dream team on the bench.

I feel the the same about fault when it comes to Trump. Fault takes it past Trump, and like I was saying... I gotta believe in my heart that Trump voters on this site wanted the best for weed. I gotta. So I can't fault them for putting what they believed was their best foot forward can I? I don't think so.

Trump voters that aren't on this site is a different story. I don't have any idea what's in their hearts so the fault may indeed rest with them.

So I believe Trump is to blame for appointing a completely qualified man who's a relic and refuses to learn.

Is it his fault? No. but it's not the fault of anybody on this site. That I believe 100%.

All the people of the world not on ICMag can suck a bag of cocks! Who knows wtf they're thinking! Hahaha

https://youtu.be/w9QAxL2pKq8

Last edited:

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Subrob: Are you asking if he could even be held responsible because he's retarded?? Told you this was one of those questions!hahaha

He picked a competent lawyer after all!!!! Hahaha

Edit: do I got my chest out bullying a Tard?? So be it!!! Fuk it!! Haha if Trump is found to actually be retarded.... I will hold my head high and accept the consequences!!!! Hahaha

I'm high!! Sorry. Haha

Super EDIT: Because you said DEFEND Trump. Haha like how we felt bad for Master Blaster when we find out he's a tard! Why defend "Blaster"? Cause he's a Tard!! Hahaha

Mega ultra EDIT: My complete disrespect for sessions isn't because he's not qualified or a relic I should maybe make clear. I don't respect him because I believe he lied ect ect.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Doesn't anybody else seriously feel like it's too late for the Feds. Not because ITs moving forward faster than ever before but because they allowed IT to move so far ahead that it's too large a cost for the crime they'll be charged with. Like ....the fox waiting to eat until the chickens get so fat they can't run. That's chicken sheeeet in my book.

That's the guitar post point.

Anybody... the guitar post?..... bueller...... beuller......bueller.........hahaha

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Well, going from memory... most all of the statements on cannabis from Trump administration people have included a mention; that it's their job to enforce federal law, and if people want it different, then Congress needs to change the law. Maybe this could work out for the best. If our new overlords overplay their hand and greatly offend the populace, the resulting push-back could result in Congress legalizing the plant.

oldchuck

Veteran
Resin, you know I'm on your side but you are sounding like you are a little meth charged. Life is tough enough these days without eating your heart out. Lay back, breathe.

Sessions is an old fart that has old lies ingrained in him. If he was actually an intelligent thinking evolving human he could merely look at the entire west coast of america and if pot was close to heroin in effect and consequences the coast would look like a NJ EMS call record. Tell me if it's easier to pass the law test or merely see this fact. If it requires critical thinking to pass the bar exam he used it all up long ago.
Perhaps when the millennials are in Congress the law can be modified at that level. In the mean time we are making good progress with over 1/2 of the states with some form of progress happening.
I'd be willing to wager if Sessions were forced to take a shot of heroin or smoke a joint every day for a month his threat assessment would radically change.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I'd be willing to wager if Sessions were forced to take a shot of heroin or smoke a joint every day for a month his threat assessment would radically change.

we might get lucky & have him OD first time out of the gate...:tiphat:
didn't anyone tell him that the dinosaurs all died?:biggrin:

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Resin, you know I'm on your side but you are sounding like you are a little meth charged. Life is tough enough these days without eating your heart out. Lay back, breathe.

Hahaha No meth just CBG Destroyer but point taken buddy. I'll dial it down.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I guess word came down from above. Seems pretty clear to me.
In an interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd Sunday, DHS Secretary John Kelly said that marijuana was “not a factor” in the drug war (methamphetamines, cocaine and heroin were, he said). He seemed to change his tone Tuesday in a speech at George Washington University, according to a copy of prepared remarks provided by DHS.

“And let me be clear about marijuana. It is a potentially dangerous gateway drug that frequently leads to the use of harder drugs,” Kelly said, adding: “Its use and possession is against federal law and until the law is changed by the U.S. Congress we in DHS are sworn to uphold all the laws on the books.”

“DHS personnel will continue to investigate marijuana’s illegal pathways along the network into the U.S., its distribution within the homeland, and will arrest those involved in the drug trade according to federal law,” he continued. “CBP will continue to search for marijuana at sea, air and land ports of entry and when found take similar appropriate action.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kelly-marijuana-potentially-dangerous-gateway-drug-dhshttp://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...teway-drug-dhs
Did anybody see the footage of Kelly delivering this speech? He was clearly reading the whole verbiage above from notes, never lifting his eyes. Not like something he prepared and then delivered passionately. I have to agree with CR, somebody from above directed him.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
https://youtu.be/s4hWVcVuB6o

I think this is the clip your talking about. I think your probably right. Unless he wrote it moments before the interview, it seemed like he was indeed reading something he hadn't read very much before. I'd say even more odd if they were his own words.

Who would his "higher ups" be? Is that Sessions or Trump? Trump, right?

vta

Veteran
I bet 5 bucks...Trump's gonna let the States do what the voters want as far as weed goes. I also bet that we are going to see an increase in Federal involvement as far as the black market is concerned.

paper thorn

Veteran
my 420 post

my 420 post

Ok, i know it's after midnight, but, well anyway.
Resin_Lung ~ man, I read most of what you wrote. especially when you had to retype it. Your writing is not the easiest to read,(no offense) but you went through all that work. I mean it's a lot of work for me to post, because it seems to tak me way tpp many words to say what i mean.

So, it really gave me a headache, ok maybe it's just a stoke thing, semms to rule my life these days damn it. Makes me leave typos.
Another symptom i'm noticing is i tend to forget things, nd i just can't go back and reread your posts.:)

But i know whatg you were trying to say.

Look, we can't debate politics here, just mj related stuff. So i won't talk about all the great things I think President Trump is or is not doing. Everyone seems to have already staked out their position anyway.

But I went and listened to Kelly in his CYA speech and as Betterhaff and yourself have both noted he didn't sound like he wrote or believed it. but he said it.

Sessions, even though I think he'll be a good AG on just about every other issue, is talking like he wants to go back to the old days of cops beating hippies. what i mean of course is busting potheads.

And pot businesses. I think he's crazy. I want to think that this toothpaste can't be put back in the tube. A LOT of ancillary business has built up around the MJ industry both medical and rec.
He'll hurt a lot of people.

He'll destroy any chance Trump has of re=election, because so many of us in his base will leave him.

To say it way better thaan I can, here's a vid that has Sec Kelly's 'reefer madness' speech and some insightful analysis of it by Roger Stone and David Knight .
I pretty much agree with Stone 100% in this case.[YOUTUBEIF]uRkXUT_VlYk[/YOUTUBEIF]

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Great post Paper Thorn. I found the video you linked extremely interesting. I haven't been a fan of infowars but I thought Alex Jones hosted every show. He's not my favorite but that clip was really nice to see. I completely agree and am in line with both of their views regarding cannabis. So you and I agree!

im sorry about my writing style and the lengths of my posts. It's not the easiest for me to say what I'd like without writing so much either. I'll try harder in the future.

I apprectaiate your reply and am thankful for the link. I would have never bet that I would have agreed with anything infowars had to say!

Learn something new everyday! Huh?

I hope you start feeling better and I apologize for the head aches.

Edit: I gotta spread some rep or I'd give ya some.

Now, Kelly is trumpeting the Sessions POV. What a bunch of Turds.. You cannot trust ONE word they say. If Trump is talking, LIES are emitting.

Latest posts

Latest posts