What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sessions Is ‘Surprised’ At Public Backlash To His Marijuana Rhetoric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Attorney General Jeff Sessions expressed shock at the swift public backlash to his fiery rhetoric on federal marijuana policy and his opposition to legalization.

Speaking on a range of issues at Luke Air Force Base in Arizona Tuesday, Sessions addressed his opposition to further easement of marijuana laws in states across the country. He also expressed confusion over the amount of attention his comments on marijuana during his confirmation hearing received, reports AZ Central.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/12/s...at-public-backlash-to-his-marijuana-rhetoric/

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Feigning ignorance. The more bewilderment, the more he can clamp down. Tactic used by this administration, through and through.

Ready4

Veteran
The decision to appoint a worthless old bag of shit like Sessions should be enough to impeach Trump in itself. Totally disgusting that anybody on this site supports Sessions & Trump.

brown_thumb

SESSIONS: "Huh... wut? Sumwun don't agree wiff me?? Bu... bu... but I'm allwaze rite!! 'Cuz, like, I'm rich 'n stuff!!"

PDX Dopesmoker

Its good news that he is at least acknowledging the backlash. In fact he didn't even blame it on paid Russian shills or George Soros, so thats an even better sign.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
This dork went to college in the late 60's..
With a name like J. Sessions, how the heck did this guy not toke, at least a few times??!

With a name like J. Sessions, how the heck did this guy not toke, at least a few times??!

his full name is jefferson beauregard sessions III. sounds like hes straight off the plantation. i think leonardo dicaprio played him in django unchained

rolandomota

this guy is still living in the" just say no " era im not surprised. Looks like jeffery boy is finally getting the hint that people want legal weed. He is not the only one though the government is full of idiots that think like him. Canada is setting a good example that the usa will follow eventually but still your going to have some states banning weed i bet Or weed growing to fatten up the tax coffers

WelderDan

Veteran
Sessions once said he thought the KKK were OK guys until he found out they smoked pot.

Think about that. The man was OK with the KKK. The fucking KKK, that killed and beat and terrorized people of color.

That is beyond fucked up

Spaventa

Veteran
Believe his bullshit if you want but don't kid yourself he believes it.Theres no credible argument against legalisation. Anyone who opposes it is irrational or has a corrupt agenda. Hes not mentally disabled, illiterate or comatose so he WILL privately acknowledge the benefits and safety of cannabis... he just wouldn't admit it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I see him as that geeky-dork that " Just Said No!" since he probably had a crush on Nancy Reagan. I knew a few stiff shirts in college...far and few between...bet he was in that club.

packerfan79

Veteran
At least he,realised people don't want to keep going on the failed policy of the past. Baby steps I guess. The wheels of government turn slowly. I believe they will put on a show, but nothing will really change. It's hard for people who have prosecuted weed offenders to back off there position, without having to admit they were responsible for the lives that were destroyed. That being said, I think it could be a great move for Trump to secure the anti establishment image. The anti establishment image is without a doubt a big reason why he won. The Congress approval rating is and Will remain in the toilet. The American people (middle America not the liberal coast) are sick of the government's corruption, and ineffectiveness.

Hopefully this thread can stay on topic, and not descend into, incessant name calling, and hostility.I hate to see threads get shutdown, but they inevitably descend into political madness.

k-s-p

Veteran
I see him as that geeky-dork that " Just Said No!" since he probably had a crush on Nancy Reagan. I knew a few stiff shirts in college...far and few between...bet he was in that club.

"I think we have too much of a tolerance for drug use ─ psychologically, politically, morally," Sessions told law enforcement officials in Richmond, Virginia. "We need to say, as Nancy Reagan said, 'Just say no.'"

‘Just Say No’: AG Sessions Cites Old School Anti-Drug Motto

These jagoffs have a stiff one for ramping the drug war back up, and filling privately ran prisons and rehab centers with our fellow citizens.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
"I think we have too much of a tolerance for drug use ─ psychologically, politically, morally," Sessions told law enforcement officials in Richmond, Virginia. "We need to say, as Nancy Reagan said, 'Just say no.'"

‘Just Say No’: AG Sessions Cites Old School Anti-Drug Motto

These jagoffs have a stiff one for ramping the drug war back up, and filling privately ran prisons and rehab centers with our fellow citizens.

we have folks dying all over the country from pain pills and this witless fucking moron thinks weed is a problem? what a waste of oxygen keeping him alive. the dinosaurs laughed at the mammals until the meteorite hit...damn 'puter won't let me give you rep, ksp, but i'll run into you again.:)

dddaver

Veteran
I think Sessions was picked particularly by Trump for that office BECAUSE of his out-of-touch, out-dated, uneducated, old opinions, for the simple reason Trump would then have a puppet running the attorney generals office and could further his own agenda as he sees fit. That has been Trump's modus operandi in ALL his political appointments, this is no different. I think we can pretty much ignore ANYTHING Sessions says. People will think what an idiot Sessions is and look to the boss-man for his superior intellect and guidance.

But again still, the emperor wears no clothes.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Trump is reasonable. He will listen. He will adjust to the situation and change. A legalization campaign on Twitter/Facebook may get to him. I really believe he will listen, and he is a businessman. He knows Cannabis makes money. Why not remove it from the black market?

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
^^^ truth...
the plan is too enforce every rule in the book... until we give up...
then they rewrite the book ... to allow Bigpharm to lessen the cost of perception drugs for the medical insurance industry ....thus paving the way for Obamacare reform ...
without a total loss of revenue ... or stock market crash
but then allowing them to recoup the money from Cannabis as a Schedule 2 drug CONTROLLED by the man...ran by the man, and taxed by the man ....

all the while forcing the little man { ie: U & me } to fully comply, and pay to play ....

in the eyes of uncleSAM it's a win,win .... we get pot at a price... and they continue to make the profits directly on pot.... instead of the bypass... warondrugs...money lanudring the government has been profiting from for decades....

sessions is just trying to figure out how to make this happen with out US noticing ....

all about the Benjamin's.......

Spaventa

Veteran
Trump is reasonable. He will listen. He will adjust to the situation and change. A legalization campaign on Twitter/Facebook may get to him. I really believe he will listen, and he is a businessman. He knows Cannabis makes money. Why not remove it from the black market?

It undermines existing markets that have been cornered. Those interests enable officials who oppose legalisation.
Why would financiers who's investments represent a 90% share of a trillion dollar industries want to see that industries destroyed by a new product they DON'T have a 90% share of. They have cigarettes, cancer drugs and alcohol all to themselves but those markets would shrink or disappear with legalisation. Sure people will make money, just not them, and they know it.
They also know its a lot harder to control stoned populations ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts