What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Woody Harrelson Quits Smoking Pot

onavelzy

Veteran
Actor Woody Harrelson — who once applied for a license to run a medicinal weed dispensary from his Hawaiian home — has revealed his joint-smoking days are behind him. “I am a party animal,” the 55-year-old Oscar nominee told Vulture during an interview published Monday. “But on the other hand, I haven’t… I’m now extremely moderate, and… I actually stopped smoking pot almost a year ago.”

Woody, say it isn't so!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Moe Funk

He'll be back. A break can be a good thing, but I've known many a people who said they "quit". Never lasts hehe.

Dirt Life

Veteran
Maybe he can get Snoop Dogg to sponsor him lololol...

But for real, I take breaks all the time, no big deal. He's a good guy, and just because you take a break or quit doesnt mean you have to go all neanderthal...

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
pot is kind enough to let you go when your not feeling it

try that with heroin

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Was it Woody who told David Letterman: 'Awww shucks Dave I don't smoke marijuana anymore... But I don't smoke it any less either!'?

watts

ohms
Veteran
Seems as if Woody only uses weed as a "party drug" and he said he quit because "30 solid years of just partying too fucking hard." Maybe he doesn't know how to just smoke weed without wanting to go overboard with alcohol or other drugs. Seems he has the personality of do it all or do nothing. He basically used weed to get off his nut but to many of us it's a way of life. He doesn't seem like the type of weed smoker I'd wanna hang around.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I don't know I get pretty cranky if I go too long..

If you smoke really good bud, taking a week off helps a lot. I do not even get stoned most of the time. After a week off, 3 vape hits and I have to go to sleep. I accidentally quit for a week. After trimming a grow, I had a few grams of tiny lower buds that I dried out on cable box, and smoked that. A week later did a real bud, and was wrecked.

Skip

Veteran
I got to share a joint with Woody at the Greenhouse in AMS.
He was as cool as they come... :)

I found it interesting that Woody's reason was: "I feel like it was keeping me from being emotionally available.”
Cannabis' effect on our emotional states can be profound.
Long term use can change the way we react to events and people.
For many that is a GOOD change... :)

Maybe Woody will return to cannabis again, but not as a party drug.
He's too old to be partying like it's 1999, cause it ain't.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Willie Nelson said he had quit smoking & started vaping. but, he & Merle Haggard were damn sure smoking a joint on Youtube in the "it's all going to pot" video...:biggrin:

We have cannabinoid receptors in our brains man! That should tell us who think once awhile something important! His role
In kingpin was EPIC!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
picture.php

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I got to share a joint with Woody at the Greenhouse in AMS.
He was as cool as they come... :)

I found it interesting that Woody's reason was: "I feel like it was keeping me from being emotionally available.”
Cannabis' effect on our emotional states can be profound.
Long term use can change the way we react to events and people.
For many that is a GOOD change... :)

Maybe Woody will return to cannabis again, but not as a party drug.
He's too old to be partying like it's 1999, cause it ain't.

I think that many people who simply stop smoking and no longer desire it or have an adverse effect like anxiety and just stop have gotten what they need from it.

I believe the plant facilitates certain levels of physiological and neurological healing either directly or as a catalyst and that many people simply no longer respond to it favorably at some point.

IMHO that is the truest mark of medicine. Healing us to the point that there is no dependencies anymore because we are complete

I am grateful to have pot as a substitute but I would be glad to not have the symptoms I use it for.

Latest posts

Latest posts