What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gavitas, Og's and rockwool

littlegrow

High grade that looks pretty awesome your only the second person i know who grows with just rock wool cubes, do you use air puning to keep the roots in line ? :)

BubbaBear

I love the simplicity of this room, nice work man !

Dont hate defoliate, grow bud not leaf !

Only 3 gallons of water per light? Once a day? That doesnt seem like much, how much run off do you have?
I'd also love to hear more about your nutrient regimen, are you using anything for stretch?

spimplify

Looks nice. So what are your ppm #s running at. And are you running the same formula continously for everything in the room?

Littlegrow, air prunning tends to take care of itself.

Bubba, yeah its ends up being around that for water, i'd say less than 25% run off. Just enough to flush the old and saturate with the new. And no pgr's if thats what you are asking. Bud blood to help kick them in for the first week.

spimp, @ec x700 ppm's start at 1050 and peak at 1450.... its more the P, K, and folvic adjustments throughout flowing and adding silica that im concerned with rather than ppms

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice room and nice cookies bro :yes: I guess username is appropriate!

Did you ever think about placing the cubes on a grid? This increase airflow between fibers, thus more watering cycles and obviously more oxygen. I found it helpful many times when growing with these kind of fibers.

If you don't mind why go manual instead of drippers or some ebb and flood?

What are the downsides of growing like you're doing? I'm asking because I see great potential in it...especially after seeing tomato grows!!!

Green vibes :wave:

2chainz

Incredible grow man, there's a lot to be learned from your posts.

Do you do any training or pruning in veg, or you just let them go from clones until you defoliate the first week of flower?

Thanks for all the help!

Big-Narstie, thanks

noreason, thank you. I've considered a grid, but as you said more watering with increased air flow. We specifically use hand built tables and not manufactured ones so there isn't airflow under the cube because they will dry out faster. Yes, more oxygen to the root zone makes sense, but the expense of more nutes and use of more water just doesn't justify it. Also, with the stripping method we use, we are trying to pack them in to max capacity.
Ebb and flow would again, be a higher usage in water and also add humidity to the current set up. And my personal feelings are that tanks should be pH'd and then fed, when nutes sit pH fluctuations are common. That means one more thing to worry about and adjust.
We just set up feed lines on a row, and are testing it out. However, its not automatic or drip. Mix, feed, waste. I'll post updates as soon as i can, sorry for the lack of updates.

2chainz, thanks. Any pruning in veg is really dictated by strain. Some yield more with central colas, some are better topped. No defoliating in veg aside from anything dead or dying, yellowing undergrowth etc..

Very very nice setup!! Thanks for sharing. Defoliating og like structured strains makes perfect sense to me. you topping the ogs at all

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
Nice man the only other person I saw defoliate like this is GrowMaster. It looks like it works just fine to me. Thanks for sharing...

dsd1

Highgrade do you presoake your rockwool? Also you said 9-12 per light does that mean for a 4x4 area?

X

Xray Kimono

Nice man the only other person I saw defoliate like this is GrowMaster. It looks like it works just fine to me. Thanks for sharing...

I defoliate throughout veg and flower on plants i veg for more than a few weeks.. by the end it just looks like tangled vines and bud... Way shorter and wider.You can get WAY more plants in the amount of space without the competition and choking out.... . You gotta defoliate the whole time for it to have any benefit come flower time otherwise it can slow down flowering if not used to it.

BadRabbit

You don't cover your rockwools? How come they don't start growing algae? Love the grow btw you are rocking it :)

there's no need to cover rw or worry about a little green algae on top of the layer ... it's nice and clean to cover it if you prefer, but not required and has no impact on the grow.

Thanks everyone.

terpz, five ton units.

dsd1, We flush our cubes at pH 4, then stack them on one another and let them fully drain before use.

bubbbarandon, Gavitas are the only way to go imho

Laavamara, Haven't found a cap that really works for stacked 4's on 6". and for some reason we barely get any algae.

Latest posts

Latest posts