What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

{150w HPS All-in-One Micro Cab} ~Mazar Kush~ {10 Clone Ebb & Flow SOG Diary}

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mate thats a pretty picture - so they have yellowed all by themselves without you reducing the nute levels?? thats interesting ...

cheers

V.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Congrats on the new bulb, should be interesting watching and update in here

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
pontiac, those plants look great. I'm with VG, fall color before flush is interesting. I bet plain water will really make em dance.:D

Where did you get the Lucalox bulb? I'm using Luma from e-conolight atm. They're $5 a pop but just plain old security bulbs. While I'm thinking of it, can you throw these bulbs in the landfill? I have a half dozen to get rid of.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
shroomyshroom - Thanks for hanging out shroomy! :friends:

VerdantGreen - Yea, I haven't reduced the nutrient levels one bit. :YaRight: This is normal for plants fed with very low nitrogen blooming nutrients (ex. koolbloom). Your babies are looking good as always; thanks for stopping by, V! :wave:

Dr Dog - Thanks Doc! :) I just love this new bulb because it doesn't rattle! ;) That sound used to annoy the heck out of me. :wallbash: Hope you drop by again, Doc. :wave:

bengie187 - Thanks bengie! :D The way you're accelerating, :Bolt: I should be saying the same to you in no time. :yes:

DiscoBiscuit - I wasn't really surprised :noway: when that occurred because it happened many times before; around the exact same time frame too (final weeks). I give my opinion on why this to Verdant above. :chin:
Yea, the flushing is really yellowing them up even faster; I just might have to harvest a day or two earlier. :drum: I'll check the trichs with a microscope to make sure.
I got the Lucalox at my local lighting supply store as it cost me about the same as the average online price of about $20 (ex. 1000bulbs.com). It's a pretty expensive bulb :mad: (the medium base is more expensive than the mogul base for some reason), but definitely worth it IMHO. According to GE, their Lucalox maintains a 90% average lumen intensity throughout the lifetime of the bulb :yes: (source).
About your question on lamp recycling... HID lamps contain significantly more mercury than your typical compact fluorescent (up to 20x more). So I'm sure whatever local laws and regulations apply to CFL's definitely apply to HID's as well, if not stricter. My guess is, any recycling center that takes in old CFL's can also accept HID's. Thanks for stopping by Disco! :friends:

hermanshooltz - Yup I can't wait :canabis: Your babies are looking sweet themselves, :yes: I bet you can feed them just by drooling over 'em! :D

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
hermanshooltz - Thanks for stopping by bro! :wave: Always got a bag of :lurk: ready for your updates! :)

Igotyourback - Thank you! :D Hope you stick around a little longer for the harvest. :canabis:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
-----------------------------------
DAY 56 (Flowering DAY 56/56)
0 :jump: DAYS REMAINING UNTIL HARVEST
Avg Height: 5.38", Photoperiod On/Off: 12hrs/12hrs,
Temp In/Out/Res: 78F/77F/74F, Humidity: 46%,
Ph: 6.04, TDS: 84ppm @ 0.5 conversion.

-----------------------------------​

Well we're finally here folks. :woohoo: After putting in a lot of time and effort into this cab, I'm finally seeing the results I was hoping for. I'm guessing things can only get better from here as I further dial in the veg time and try out new strains; each varying in yield, potency, and other characteristics. :canabis:

Man we've come a long way. Seems like yesterday when I first... :drum: Eh, you get the picture. :biglaugh:

Enough chit-chat... :whip: How about one last portrait of the girls before they head for the guillotine, right? :D

picture.php

One last portrait of the girls living together...

Due to flushing, these babies really sucked most of their leaves dry, which will make my trimming job a lot less complicated. :) Furthermore, some larger leaves just appear to "pluck" right off without any effort. This may be my easiest trim job ever.

picture.php

Oh so pretty...

The buds are just sprinkled with trichs from top to bottom; even most of the adjacent leaves have decent trich coverage. I'll probably decide to leave these trich covered leaves on as I think it would be a waste if I didn't... :chin: In America, we have a policy known as "No Trich Left Behind"... Ok I'm sorry, that was extremely corny... :redface: I'll make it up to you with this:

picture.php

Flushing definitely improved trich coverage and presumably flavor as well.

I'll be back either later today or tomorrow with pics of them drying in my cab. :yummy: Stay tuned! :wave:

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Pontiac congratulations on a beauty of a grow mate.. cant wait to see those harvest pics...

and no need to leave the leaves on the buds.. pluck em off and make a little hash

i recon with another 2 - 3 days longer veg you would of had em dialed in perfectly ;)

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
hello :wave:

this is my first stop by your show . and i must say great work,,, this is really a great mini grow u created ...those buds look sticky !!!!

dont ever take a hiatus again ,,, ha ha ha

I cant belive im so late to the show , i am such a fan of the Link o Rama. i feel ashamed for not stopping by sooner ...

peace stay green
JTR

Stevius

:jump: Congrats Pontiac! :jump:

This round looks MUCH better than the first one. Much less leaves and much more of buds!
Very nice shaped single-colas... a true SOG! :respect:

It also seems that this time will be much better yield...
My bet is aprox. 80-100 g...? :chin: or more?

Lookin forward for dry bud shots and a smoke report :kos:

I must say... really a pleasure watching your show. I might get addicted ... :laughing:

Stay safe! :wave:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
absolutely wonderful
they really filled in at the end
perfect flush too
the leaves should be dead by chop or fall right off when chopped. EXCELLENT
flushing til the cows come home is my new thing. what a differance it makes in curing time amongst many other benefits.....yummy

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Man those colas look tasty. 100% colas, I love it! I'm with ya on leaving the frosty trim on the buds. Looks like those plants used up the N like good girls should, will taste the oil and not the N.:D Really looks like a top shelf effort. I'm happy for ya and hope you enjoy the smoke. I really like the powder kool bloom. I bet you do too, lol.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
bengie187 - Thanks Bengie! Stay safe bro! :friends:

shroomyshroom - Thanks Shroomy! :) There was definitely room for a little vegging without risking stretch... 2 or 3 would've been just perfect like you said. :yes: I think I could've even gone for 5 or 6 to boost production, yet still maintain an ideal SOG. Nevertheless, this round far exceeded my low expectations for this strain.
Thanks for stopping, friend. :wave:

JACKtheREFFER - ROFL :biglaugh: Thanks buddy! :cool: They sure are sticky as hell... I recall getting a little bud oil on my finger and damn did stuff stick to it! I was able to lift my cellphone using only my sticky finger! :eek:
Hehe, :D don't worry I won't be taking a hiatus any time soon. This cab is so stealth, I hardly worry about "curious" visitors anymore. :noway:
Thanks for stopping by! :wave: I'll be sure to drop by your headquarters and see what you're cooking as well. :canabis:

Stevius - Thanks for the comments, Stevius! :D They sure do look better this round... I almost felt as if I was growing a totally different strain from that of the first round. :confused:
Wow 80-100g is a generous prediction... :) If that's the case then I'll take it! :yummy: I honestly have no clue on what the final weight will be, because I never had an all-cola pull before.
Anyway, thanks again for watching Stevius; it's always great when you stop by. :respect:

SirSmokalot - :respect: Thanks Sir! I kinda like the idea myself... Flushing them all the way to the core seemed to have caused the most "frosting up". My camera doesn't do these girls justice, it's something one must observe up close. I think next time I might do a 10 day flush instead of 6; I know it's risky but my taste buds will thank me for it.
Hope you're enjoying your recent harvest, Sir. :jump: Looking mighty fine. :yes:

DiscoBiscuit - Yea bro I'm getting really impatient now. :wallbash: I simply can't wait to puff these girls; they just look sooo delicious. Lets all give a round of applause to koolbloom: the deceiving pink colored blooming additive. :biglaugh:
Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Mazar Kush Harvest Round 2 - Drying Process

Mazar Kush Harvest Round 2 - Drying Process

Here are my girls hanging on my reflector, :yummy: which is aerodynamically linked to my vent fan & carbon filter. Using my reflector to dry them up saves me from the hassles/expenses of building or buying a bud dryer; it's also 100% odor free this way as well. As the saying goes... if the shoe fits, wear it. :)

picture.php

No need for an external bud dryer.

I'll manicure them once they dry up, which should happen within the next few days. I'll post pics of the trimmed colas and the final dry weight in the next update so stay tuned. :lurk:

Last edited:
Man they look awesome!! Can't wait to see them dry!
(can't believe its actually over now :D mine is still about a month to go)

btw, why do you manicure them after they dry and not before?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Nice job man. They look like vampire bats hanging upside down like that, lol.

I find fast drying with the exhaust system a real convenience. I've smoke the same stuff dried both ways and can't tell the difference. Only takes about a third of the time.