What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GDP question

TahoeTops

I am currently running Ken's GDP from Dark Heart.

Can anyone give me pointers on growing this strain?

Also curious about the background of the difference between GDP and Ken's GDP.

I have read that the clones will be legit, but just don't know much about the growing of the strain.

Thanks and Merry Xmas.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ken's GDP is supposedly GDP x GDP according to his own site dedicated to what a wonderful human being he is.

Even then, that GDP is not the original. Gross Domestic Product is the original. Grand Daddy Purps was always a knock off. Ken's GDP, watered down even more so.

Just my opinion.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Some of my friends just came back from Humboldt and i heard a story on this guy claimed to create it for whats it worth i dont believe anything with canna stories unless it can be proven but he did say ken was his cousin

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I only just recently received new information on the original, true GDP. I never understood why I was told to call it what I was. With this new information, I get it now. The sort of untold / forgotten story I shared is 100% accurate. Only, I never knew who it was the plant was stolen from. Now, with this extra bit of information it adds up to a way more devilish sort of tale. Not only that, it makes perfect sense how the plant could have mistakenly ended up in the wrong hands, where normally that is the more obtuse part of a "canna fable". Acquisition.

Had I done what was done, I would need to come up with a ridiculous story about Native Americans liking my vibe too.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=259315

dank.Frank

TahoeTops

Ken's GDP is supposedly GDP x GDP according to his own site dedicated to what a wonderful human being he is.

Even then, that GDP is not the original. Gross Domestic Product is the original. Grand Daddy Purps was always a knock off. Ken's GDP, watered down even more so.

Just my opinion.

dank.Frank

I have never hear of that. What is the lineage on Gross Domestic Product?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gross Domestic Product is unknown. I now know WHO made it. I know how Ken got a hold of it. I have not been told what it actually was. I have been told it will likely never see the light of day again as the one who holds it now lives on a different continent.

MY FBPK line is mothered by Ken Father. I will eventually have that seed line tested by Phylos as every other parent in that line is known and selected directly by Stank Bros.

I'm not 100% sure what to think. Grand Daddy Purp/Urkle/Ken's GDP/God's Gift are all in the exact same grouping in the galaxy. Means, people have been passing the exact same cut under 4 different names. Means, some people have not the SLIGHTEST clue what the cuts are actually supposed to be like. To some people, GDP is a slow growing purple aka Urkle and to others it's a higher yielding God Bud cross, aka God's Gift.

But really, what is the real one? There is ONE plant that sits dead smack in the middle of the purple family clusters that to date has ZERO known relatives or offspring. I just happen to have Bx2 offspring built from this particular mother plant as well, which means I have to try to tie some lineage to this otherwise untouched region of the galaxy.

If the story holds, it should tie back into the GDP/Urkle/God's Gift cluster. It will show if Gross was selfed or cross pollinated to created Grand Daddy Purple. I honestly only have interest in knowing the parents of Gross. However, pursuit of this will by default expose the truths of an old legendary Mendocino purple. I've been told I have a vendetta against Ken. However, I've never met the man and really have no bone to pick. I'm just a cannabis historian of sorts and the new analytical genetic data the industry is collecting is proving some stories true (chem line) and poking holes in other stories. (GDP)

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Happy Times

I only just recently received new information on the original, true GDP. I never understood why I was told to call it what I was. With this new information, I get it now. The sort of untold / forgotten story I shared is 100% accurate. Only, I never knew who it was the plant was stolen from. Now, with this extra bit of information it adds up to a way more devilish sort of tale. Not only that, it makes perfect sense how the plant could have mistakenly ended up in the wrong hands, where normally that is the more obtuse part of a "canna fable". Acquisition.

Had I done what was done, I would need to come up with a ridiculous story about Native Americans liking my vibe too.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=259315

dank.Frank

Interesting story, thanks Frank! I had never heard of “gross domestic product” before

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Frank id luv to hear the story u got im kind of intrigued im trying to get as much info as i can b4 i go back to norcal.. every time i go or friends people are always laying claim to shit its a hard dynamic some people been up there for generations so i just listen to the stories with a grain of salt

The person who is making the claim said the old clone was from southern Humboldt and not mendo the dude is from shelter cove..but the genetics were passed around but didnt originate from mendo .. he did say what the makeup was 2 and that old clone was apart of it

Dont bash me im just repeating what he said .. he said that they were growing purple haze or some type of haze and it wasnt selling as fast as b4 sp they crossed it to a northen light and then crossed that to the old humboldt clone .. im gonna get the name of the clone he said its really old amd been in Humboldt for years .. some people argue the cut is from mendo but he said it was a few dudes with families that grew and they all went to hs together so genetics would get passed around and i think thats why it ended up in mendo

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No idea on the origins. Ken's GDP was one of the best highs for me. Up there with any others.

led05

Chasing The Present
Gross Domestic Product is unknown. I now know WHO made it. I know how Ken got a hold of it. I have not been told what it actually was. I have been told it will likely never see the light of day again as the one who holds it now lives on a different continent.

MY FBPK line is mothered by Ken Father. I will eventually have that seed line tested by Phylos as every other parent in that line is known and selected directly by Stank Bros.

I'm not 100% sure what to think. Grand Daddy Purp/Urkle/Ken's GDP/God's Gift are all in the exact same grouping in the galaxy. Means, people have been passing the exact same cut under 4 different names. Means, some people have not the SLIGHTEST clue what the cuts are actually supposed to be like. To some people, GDP is a slow growing purple aka Urkle and to others it's a higher yielding God Bud cross, aka God's Gift.

But really, what is the real one? There is ONE plant that sits dead smack in the middle of the purple family clusters that to date has ZERO known relatives or offspring. I just happen to have Bx2 offspring built from this particular mother plant as well, which means I have to try to tie some lineage to this otherwise untouched region of the galaxy.

If the story holds, it should tie back into the GDP/Urkle/God's Gift cluster. It will show if Gross was selfed or cross pollinated to created Grand Daddy Purple. I honestly only have interest in knowing the parents of Gross. However, pursuit of this will by default expose the truths of an old legendary Mendocino purple. I've been told I have a vendetta against Ken. However, I've never met the man and really have no bone to pick. I'm just a cannabis historian of sorts and the new analytical genetic data the industry is collecting is proving some stories true (chem line) and poking holes in other stories. (GDP)

dank.Frank

This thread jogged a memory from near a decade ago and sure enough after looking thru some old jars (freezer & vac sealed) I found one from 2009 labeled solely GDP.... -

Dank F, it seems you have a ton of background on this subject. Would you think this to be older stock (Gross Domestic) or something Ken was passing around.

I haven't a clue as to the history of when but am certain these seeds were given to me back in 2009 so are at least that old..

Thanks for the help anyone that has it to offer

Burt

Veteran
Kens GDP is some fire and close enough so go for it I say!
I was on the fence until I tried a pheno of candy land and it holds its own against any kush out there. About on par with Sour diesel in my not so humble opinion and makes you sneeze

JohnnyChicago

Ken's GDP from seed. Pistils turned orange at week 5.Purpling during week 6.
Pic was on day48.

picture.php

Gdp#8 from Ken's reg seeds.this pheno my buddy selected out of 30 or so beans.oil production is insane. Terp profile is on point.id say def some urkel traits.growtj pattern, rate, taste. Very medicinal.The yeild and the high I'd say more resemble the actual gdp side.big yeild, strong potency. Racy borderline paranoid effect thiat I kinda think may come scbb. But who really knows. I've also heard something like the recent gdp line may contain Tahoe og .I'm not concerned.we caught a good 1. Here she is week 6/7 starting to darken as she fades. This is in 10 gal fabric pot nftg soil and nutes as well as weekly teas and gro Kashi.

Latest posts

Latest posts