What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blueberry oh Blueberry... Which should I choose?

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Well I have been doing tons of reading on a recent thread over on another forum about the good old school Blueberry. I have not ran her in 6 years. And when I did, the seeds was gifted to me by a local old hippie grower that I was once very close to, with no knowledge of where the seeds come from (breeder), he implied that they were given to him by a friend of his. They were however le-fuckin-git for sure. Sweetest blueberry muffin smell I have ever smelled in my life and the high made your entire body tingle and feel as what I would describe as a "grounded electric feel pulsating from the ground, through my feet and legs and out top of my head". An extremely distinct high for sure and VERY euphoric...

Now on to the point.

I am closing in on finishing up a new indoor grow op, I am running mostly clones (GG#4, Chem 91, Head Banger #5, Corey Stardawg and 413 Chem). I also want to throw some seed grow into the mix as well, I have always loved growing from seed to find that special keeper to keep around. I am set on everything else I wanna grow out from seed except for where to get my blue berry from. I am also planning on, if I get a good pheno out of whichever blueberry I choose to cross it with Gorilla Glue #4 and it shall be called "Blueberry Glue" and I will also be working with crossing a Grand Daddy Purple with Gorilla Glue which I will name "Grandad Glue"...

From what I have read my only hopes lies in of course, DJ Short's Blueberry. And by the way, what is the difference in DJ Shorts Blueberry and True Blueberry???

The others that are supposedly legit other than DJ's are Peak Seeds Blueberry and Jordan of the Island's Blueberry.

If anyone has any experience with these three breeders lmk please! Only negative thing that makes me iffy is that Dj's blueberry is not what it used to be anymore and they are expensive as shit, so before shoveling lots of dough out for Djs gear I wanna be sure.

And from what I see Peak Seeds blueberry looks extremely stable and bad ass. Looks very legit from the grow logs and photos I have seen.

:tiphat:

MountainBudz

I grew blue hash by dinafem which is bbxhp and got some VERY blueberry phenos, make of that what you will

Thank you for the recommendation madalasatori...

I may try those out one day or possibly next year in my outdoor guerilla grow. Generally anything containing "Hash Plant" here in Kentucky always seems to do amazing outside. I grew out Dinafem's California Hashplant outdoors a couple years ago and it was superb. Excellent mold resistance, potent herb, smelled sweet and hashy and had a very heavy yield on her. She was also done enough to harvest around September 18th. I received it as a freebie when ordering Critical Plus which is also a kick ass skunky and sharp pine smelling strain with knockout potency.

I ain't much on running any blueberry hybrids right now however... I am looking for some true pure blueberry. But thanks bro!

bestothebest

I would still go with dj shorts. The blueberry genes you want are still buried in there. Buy two packs and open pollinate, you should find some great blueberry phenos.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll always recommend going with the original breeder.

However, I've never heard a bad thing about Peak Seeds Blueberry. As a matter of fact, Peak Seeds Blueberry receives accolades every time I read a report on it.

G

growhigh1233

good luck bro ............. you will know know that special girl when you find her

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

newGroath

If I were to get a pack of Dj's blueberry now would it be too much of a gamble? I'm tempted to go ahead but I'm afraid of the possible disappointment

budsicles

I ran two packs of DJ BB not long ago and they all sucked. Purchased from an icmag vendor bank. Had hermie females, hermie AND sterile males, and no strong desirable blueberry smells. They all had a similar musty basement smell with a couple having the slightest hint of fresh unripe blueberries. But no sweetness, and definitely no blueberry muffin or blueberry syrup smells. If you are running good stuff like GG4 and headbanger clones...you will probably be disappointed in the current version of DJ original blueberry. I haven't tried the "True Blueberry", so not sure about it.

Might want to look into Joey. He recently came back with pure BB and I've found a post or two claiming his version smells more like Blueberry than the modern DJ version. But I haven't tried this one yet.

Seems like things went downhill when DJ lost his old male and replaced it with the "stretch indica" male. At least that's what I've gathered from reading the forums over the years.

newGroath

Thank you. I'm not currently running anything so I open to experiment but not enough to wade those waters. I will check out Joey's BB though.

G

growhigh1233

Thank you. I'm not currently running anything so I open to experiment but not enough to wade those waters. I will check out Joey's BB though.

for me its simply a price issue .......... you can get pretty much 30 joeys for the price of 10 dj's.........more chance of hitting a winner

elanius

Veteran
I ran two packs of DJ BB not long ago and they all sucked. Purchased from an icmag vendor bank. Had hermie females, hermie AND sterile males, and no strong desirable blueberry smells. They all had a similar musty basement smell with a couple having the slightest hint of fresh unripe blueberries. But no sweetness, and definitely no blueberry muffin or blueberry syrup smells. If you are running good stuff like GG4 and headbanger clones...you will probably be disappointed in the current version of DJ original blueberry. I haven't tried the "True Blueberry", so not sure about it.

Might want to look into Joey. He recently came back with pure BB and I've found a post or two claiming his version smells more like Blueberry than the modern DJ version. But I haven't tried this one yet.

Seems like things went downhill when DJ lost his old male and replaced it with the "stretch indica" male. At least that's what I've gathered from reading the forums over the years.

Hey man,

i remember you talking shit about Shorts genetics before, claiming every female and male hermied on you. And here we are again, you throwing shit around without any proof or pics. You are just lame in my eyes, if you dont know how to grow this delicate genetics, dont do it and dont bullshit others please.
Why i know your talk is cheap ? I have grown 40 seeds of Djs Original Blueberry and I have very different experience then you. Just for example, not a single female hermied on me, especially on 3rd week of flower as you claim. There were 0 hermies males as well. Some females throw sterile nanners in the end of flowering and i found 0 seeds, not even the small undeveloped ones. Can this myth and fear of hermies stop already?

Whoever is looking for opinion about current DjShorts Blueberry realease, please dont listen to this guy and let me tell you what you can expect.

From 40 seeds i had 23 females. Half of these females were fruity-berry/grape/kind of mix of citrus fruit but very sweet, others were mentolated/musky/burgundy/earthy and sweet. The smell is not as loud as diesels and OGs, so if you looking for loud smell, this is not the place to find it. The smell is incredible and i really love it, it just wont hit you in the face. The teste is very nice as well, a lot of people commented on the taste and found it "yummy" especially ladies. There were few stretchy phenotypes, more sativa in structure. Others had reasonable stretch. The high is very consistent and stabilized, its euphoric, some anti anxiety, pleasant, relaxing, mood elevating a medicine really. My keeper Indica pheno is like anti anxiety medication for me. What can i say, even my friends love the high and the best review for me is, when they prefer it over OGs, Diesels and so on. Its just really pleasant and enjoyable high and not everyone likes the skull crushing high a lot of cannabis provide these days. Dj Short was trying to stabilize the high and it is done. People are usually looking on his genetics with EGO and then they are disappointed.

These are pics of current Blueberries:

My keeper WLD:
picture.php

picture.php

And keeper NLD:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MountainBudz

The more I am researching there will be less pheno hunting and more stability, with true blue berry flavor and taste, smell and effect from Peak Seeds blueberry. I may run a few of those, a few JOTI and maybe 3 or 4 of Dj's and just hope to get lucky.

Those are some beautiful plants brother!

budsicles

Those are pretty plants elanius. Doesn't change what happened to me. I have no reason to go around lying about DJ. I had a bad experience. Wish it had been more like yours. But it wasn't. I also had different looking brown packs compared to others modern versions shown. Not sure what your packs looked like or where you got them. Mine came from seedsman. Everyone wants to blame the grower when bad blueberry reports come out (pretty common), but all my other stuff grows just fine. Sorry, not going to take time to post "proof" for you. I never really take pics anyway. Not really looking for approval here. Just sharing my experience.

Thanks for the hate though. :huggg:

Latest posts

Latest posts