What's new

Best frankincense smelling strain you can buy now?

Peacefrog

Veteran
Jack Herer pure Church

Cool but that narrows it down to about 6 options that would take a year to test grow. I’d need to know what breeder and if regular or fem.
In my last seed run I included one seed of an Ethos Mac n Jack that produced sticky buds smelling like raw incense and burning like sandalwood with a very happy buzz. It was the best strain that came out of that run and I ran a few clones of all the seeds in that run. It threw some bananas and dropped pollen on one clone about 5 weeks in to flower so I killed it off but I will treasure those buds while they last. I don't know much about Ethos but they must have a heavy incense Jack Herer clone to come up with these seeds. I came across a similar incense trait in Dinafem Royal Haze years ago that also had Jack Herer in its lineage.

So the point of my post is to corroborate that incense can be found in JH and its crosses.

CBG Caribe was also part of that last seed run. It was a leafy bitch that I wouldn't want to trim again and the buds were unremarkable but the smoke fills up the room with a sweet smell that caught my attention. Not quite incense but unique. The buzz is growing on me as it ages. It's not available anymore but was worth mentioning. Its lineage is Jamacian and NL5 x Haze.

Last edited:

Cheech87

@Spaventa
I have already thought that they are very sensitive but I have to start with it otherwise I will never learn it, I have two plants in my grows where I am sure that I can get them very well, so I always have enough to smoke and can
practice with the other 2 plants like with my current grow so it's also more exciting when you open the tent 🧐🫣 and you learn the most while doing it.
I just don't want to spend 120 to 150 euros, but once I've gained my experience I'll do it.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
In my last run I included one seed of an Ethos Mac n Jack that produced sticky buds smelling like incense and burning like sandalwood with a very happy buzz. It threw some bananas on one clone about 5 weeks in to flower so I killed it off but I will treasure those buds while they last. I don't know much about Ethos but they must have a heavy incense Jack Herer clone to come up with these seeds. I came across a similar incense trait in Dinafem Royal Haze years ago that also had Jack Herer in its lineage.

So the point of my post is to corroborate that incense can be found in JH and its crosses.
Many people that dont smoke weed at all in different ocasions while they smell smoke of Jack they say it smell exactly like church incense.
I found out that herbaly smelling Jacks phenos smell more on Myrrah while burning...fruty and meaty jacks more like straight church.

Cheech87

The description of many varieties says that they smell of incense, but this is often not the case:
But if anyone is interested, here are a few varieties that are supposed to smell like incense:

But today you have to be lucky is my experience, so 20 years ago you could find such weed in almost every coffeshop in the Netherlands

Last edited:

PlasmaTube

Todds Ohaze easiest to find the frankincense in. A nice one in every pack.
Agree, but IME not every pack had it. Same with the Jack terp. Out of several packs I've grown I've only seen 1 Jack pheno and 1 pure Frankie. Maybe my luck is lower, lol. Mostly spicy, liver, meaty smells for me, but the highs are all solid across the board.

Great line. H4D (TFD) I've smoked was spicier than Todd's and a bit more heavy on the head. Todd's was super heady and almost dreamy/lucid, while H4D was heady cocaine/meth.

Have yet to try seedsman, tho I have seeds and will get to it sometime.

Can anyone else chime in on their smell/high on the above lines from their experience?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The description of many varieties says that they smell of incense, but this is often not the case:
But if anyone is interested, here are a few varieties that are supposed to smell like incense:

But today you have to be lucky is my experience, so 20 years ago you could find such weed in almost every coffeshop in the Netherlands
I've been specifically working toward these types ( the missing Haze Terps/Highs from 90's) with my Dankincense Regular seed project, GUARANTEED to take you back to the 90's Haze days.
Many Haze x Haze combo's of incredible Incense/spices and Church in the Air Frankincense.

Check it out for any Frankincense Haze chaser , 33% discount for icmag.com members