What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best frankincense smelling strain you can buy now?

Spaventa

Veteran
Im looking for indoor seed from the currently available strains.
I have only one special requirement. Frankincense aroma to the smoke. Other than that I will look at anything that comes recommended

Thanks

Hemphill

I'd look into Breeders retail.They have several "incense haze" crossed to other strains like,blockhead,sweet skunk etc.Send them an email at breedersretail@gmail.com for a catalog and directions for payment.I think this is Chimeras seed bank,he's involved with it at least.Also,they have some near extinct seeds that were produced in the 90's for sale.Good luck.This is a valuable resource IMO.

Spaventa

Veteran
I'd look into Breeders retail.They have several "incense haze" crossed to other strains like,blockhead,sweet skunk etc.Send them an email at breedersretail@gmail.com for a catalog and directions for payment.I think this is Chimeras seed bank,he's involved with it at least.Also,they have some near extinct seeds that were produced in the 90's for sale.Good luck.This is a valuable resource IMO.

Now that is interesting, especially the old seeds. I will email them, thank you Hemphill. I found my best hazes around early 2000s but none of the lines exist now or if they do they have been diluted, bastardised or feminised, its claimed.

I lost my frankincense mother (1980s clone only) and am lost.
A friend of a friend has an old Nevilles that Ive been offered so its looking up. I grew Nevilles in 2003/4 and would have kept it if my 80s keeper wasn't slightly better.. more of the buttery camphor element to the frank, less piney than Nevs. More funkincense than frankincense. God i miss her :(

edit - I went to Breeders retail subform here, saw their lists and posted a couple of questions. Several interesting strains there thanks.

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
Oldtimers haze? Im not sure what kind of incense it has but i would try those

Ive seen it suggested a couple of times but heard nothing solid about it. I'm hoping someone has first hand, recent experience with an available strain that was all frankincense in most if not all plants. Thank though ;)

Edit - from Breeders retail forum in response to my question

Incensey types are being found in Simply Irresistible(IH x SweetSkunk) and IH x ChemD too ;)

Ive asked for more info on them. Really need to know if they are being found commonly like at least half the plants or like 1 in a hundred. Anyone know?

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran
the simply irresistible is divine strain, that name is well suited. I have tested 5 females, one smelled of citric fruit mix, other butter lemon (that was intoxicating smell really), the next one was forest strawberries and last two were very incensed, especially after drying and curing. Once you light it up, the incense hangs in the room for good 20-30 minutes and the high is strong, euphoric up sativa with very soft pleasant body feeling. Highly recommended

G

Im looking thru 3 seed moms of Kali Mist from a recent Serious Seeds purchase. All 3 have that church incense smell. I'm not sure how close to frankincense that may be...

bigherb

Veteran
Now that is interesting, especially the old seeds. I will email them, thank you Hemphill. I found my best hazes around early 2000s but none of the lines exist now or if they do they have been diluted, bastardised or feminised, its claimed.

I lost my frankincense mother (1980s clone only) and am lost.
A friend of a friend has an old Nevilles that Ive been offered so its looking up. I grew Nevilles in 2003/4 and would have kept it if my 80s keeper wasn't slightly better.. more of the buttery camphor element to the frank, less piney than Nevs. More funkincense than frankincense. God i miss her :(

edit - I went to Breeders retail subform here, saw their lists and posted a couple of questions. Several interesting strains there thanks.

I share your passion of Frankincense, the best smoke of my life is / was Frankies a NYC Haze from Washington heights

What is the genetics ? or what strain ? from where ? was your 1980's Frankincense mother

Best wishes

1luvbigherb

TheCosmicJester

the bandaide haze/b-piff #7 has the loudest frankincense notes I've ever smelt on a plant

doc d seeds should have some bc1 and f3 available in the near future iirc :)

HOVA

Veteran
Bandaide Haze is ; Cuban Black Haze X (A5 x Mirakel/Thai)

Yo i just seen a pic of this strain
I swear to everything i own i have a plant that looks exactly like this and has an exotic smell in flower
Its a purple diesel that im testing out
I will snap some pics

soundman

Believe it or not, I get crazy incense smell from one of my GG4 S1 plants. Reminds me of the older haze part of blue dream. Strong.

Gizmo

i share my strains list on the search of the frankincense and incense aroma :

Afghan haze
mango haze and mango haze IBL
nevils haze
mango biche
simply irresistible
incense haze x jack

happy hunting :biggrin:

Spaventa

Veteran
Jester - sounds interesting
bigherb - Krisskross (Hawaiian x Silver Haze x Oranjebud x skunk#1)
gizmo - I read the Incense haze x ChemD is worth a look too

Who are reggae seeds? I saw the in seedsman, interesting description so I messaged and they said said incense are being found in a couple of their strains but Id never heard of them... anyone?

bigherb

Veteran
Jester - sounds interesting
bigherb - Krisskross (Hawaiian x Silver Haze x Oranjebud x skunk#1)
gizmo - I read the Incense haze x ChemD is worth a look too

Who are reggae seeds? I saw the in seedsman, interesting description so I messaged and they said said incense are being found in a couple of their strains but Id never heard of them... anyone?

Krisskross id assume was a private cross

As you already know Nevilles Haze is probably your best bet in seed form . These are some others to search

Afghan Haze - Mns
Old timers Haze - Mns
Punto Rojo - Cbg
Blowfish - motarebel
Thunk - Cultivators choice
OHaze / Skunk - cultivators choice
A5 Haze -OSH clone only

There's not one strain you will find straight frankincense, but certain phenos of these strains will hold the trait

1luvbigherb

HOVA

Veteran
Krisskross id assume was a private cross

As you already know Nevilles Haze is probably your best bet in seed form . These are some others to search

Afghan Haze - Mns
Old timers Haze - Mns
Punto Rojo - Cbg
Blowfish - motarebel
Thunk - Cultivators choice
OHaze / Skunk - cultivators choice
A5 Haze -OSH clone only

There's not one strain you will find straight frankincense, but certain phenos of these strains will hold the trait

1luvbigherb

Have you grown a straight incense haze before
Which plants have you grown with the incense trait
And can you post some pics

HOVA

Veteran
Jumping hurdles

Jumping hurdles

i share my

strains list on the search of the frankincense and incense aroma :

Afghan haze
mango haze and mango haze IBL