What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No Till Corner

G

I don't know about the nematodes(if the still work,probably will)
Thing about the predators is to have ideal humidity /temperature,when I read about the humidity some need,I forgot it immediately...
Where's the GSC from?Ape origin maybe?

wasgedn

no its fastbuds auto :) ....dunno if it will work cause planted late...but i have space above the heater for her...
-------------
they giving me not much 'votings' these days so dont wonder.. ;)

wasgedn

picture.php

these are american mites lol
i really dont kno which species i get....but there will be some info on package
biggrin.gif

the ones with 60 humidity is pretty high(also for mites!?) humidity for me ,partial.....wont work for me...

Last edited:

wasgedn

picture.php

this is only for thirps i think...as i ordered it was for mites and thrips and i think i got no thripsen , i only did see some mites hanging from light ,another on flextube ...this was at start with that desert climate misstake....apart from that i had 3-4 tiny bitten leaves , looking more like inchworm bites or so...im to lazy to get pics of that and also i having all under control...lol...

..75%-80 humidity is way to high....i putted some seedlingscups over the packets and guess what : i spray spray like .......

....das war ein satz mit X , like the crazy german's say...
------------------------------------------------------------

does someone kno pred-mites which need around 50 humidity??
i would be nice to have predator stock either when there is no need

the good thing about spider-mites is : i think just spraying water preventive and often and mites wont establishing or build to big population cause spidermites want it really dry...
is this right ??

Last edited:

wasgedn

but when i think about it....i just not need this pred mites...its all good...
i even incline to over do it in the end....over do it means in that case to much thoughts and to much unnecessary work on top of the other work..

G

Yeah,they look more suited for a greenhouse.Of course some people can grow with high rh and not have mold issues,I personally wouldn't take the risk...And if you don't have issues,they would starve because they wouldn't have anything to eat.:biggrin:

G

Gr33nSanta

I went through this myself, plants like dry, beneficial like moist ... I ve tried several types of predators over the years. Using things like mulch and living mulch can help certain beneficials insect survive in slightly lower RH.

Know that I have not found any beneficial insects that established in the garden for good (besides nematodes...) Ive even tried praying mantis nymph but non made it to adult hood.

What works for me is small application of beneficial insects, weekly. Here are my heroes; persimillis, fallacis, cucumeris, They work well together, don't interfere with each other and they can take lower RH better than most beneficial insects.

Concerning "structured water". What benefits are you expecting or have seen from this? I googled it (as suggest :) ) and found products providing structured water solutions and articles claiming it's pseudoscience.

What's your take?

wasgedn

i kno this homeopathic approach and operating on molecular flat from greengold and the biplantol stuff http://biplantol.de/Ueber-BIPLANTOL
http://humital.de/greengold.html

i structure my water mainly with greengold cause i realized
that my very hard water is tasting much more soft also without strucering directly like here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0VECHu-y6U

EDIT but i will build a simpel barrel-pipe device with murmurs later this year...got to figure out how i place it over my 90 l reservoir EDITEDIT i forgot , i have some pink em pipes and 30mm em ceramic ring in the reservoir...i waiting for a bigger drinking water container.this will get the same pink pipes and em ceramic ring even greengold when there are leftovers...this processed springwater tastes very good and has a soft feeling between tip of tongue and palate

wellspringwater is better water than promoted spring water...
the structuring bring the water in harmonic condition again....

structured water https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwaNfNcurvQ

Last edited:

wasgedn

Know that I have not found any beneficial insects that established in the garden for good (besides nematodes...) Ive even tried praying mantis nymph but non made it to adult hood.

What works for me is small application of beneficial insects, weekly. Here are my heroes; persimillis, fallacis, cucumeris, They work well together, don't interfere with each other and they can take lower RH better than most beneficial insects.
mucho gracias Gr33nSanta :)

EDIT thx so much [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]for persimillis, fallacis, cucumeris[/FONT]

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

What do you guy think about a 50 gal rubbermade tube sip style with no till

I really like to use food grade 55gallons plastic drums, I cut the upper 1/3, and I find its a nice size for a SIP, I have one a year into it plants in it are looking awesome, on its 5th run i think.

wasgedn

What do you guy think about a 50 gal rubbermade tube sip style with no till
for a tent i would use rectangular containers or one big Quadrat...cause a tube is giving space for soil away when i imagine this right...no native english sry..

but everyone has his own container'style' here on ic..greensantas ones sounds good...but take also a look in organic soil thread.... aphotic[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]'s no till thread e.g, among others..
[/FONT]

Last edited: