What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whitehouse.gov show 'em we are serious!

canned abyss1

Veteran
Below is a link to the Office of Public Liaison and Inter-govermental affairs at whitehouse.gov

http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/opl/

This is what it states on the website.

"The Office of Public Liaison & Intergovernmental Affairs (OPL-IGA) is the front door to the White House through which everyone can participate and inform the work of the President.

OPL-IGA takes the Administration out of Washington and into communities across America, stimulating honest dialogue and ensuring that America's citizens and their elected officials have a government that works effectively for them and with them.

OPL-IGA will bring new voices to the table, build relationships with constituents and seeks to embody the essence of the President's movement for change through the meaningful engagement of citizens and their elected officials by the federal government.

We'll be adding many more ways for you to interact with OPA-IGA at this page in the weeks and months ahead. In the meantime, please take a moment to share your thoughts using the form below."

The cannabis community needs to take full advantage of these types of things. We need to constantly inundate this administration with emails, letters, messages, etc. to make sure that our message stays fresh in their minds and to make them realize how serious we actually are. If we can sit around here and make posts about marijuana, then we can surely go to whitehouse.gov to make posts about marijuana also.

Chef Dude

although this is a nice thing to be able to have somewhat more of a direct voice in legislation, I dont think any of us with what we do should go putting our personal info on a federal website along with our views on the legalization of cannabis. It just seems like a little bit of a bad idea to be a grower and an activist. Dont get me wrong every cause does need activists to be the face of the movement, just as every movement needs its shadow workers. If we go and mix the two its just asking to send our "activist" straight to a prison term. How well would this movement be going if we didnt have people like us to supply the movement? there wouldn't be a movement at all without what we nurture and love.

jalajaslet

I agree with Canned. Weed should not be a class 1 drug in the same group with the likes of cocaine and heroin. I think that this new administration is much more grounded and "common people" than we have experienced before. I think that based in part because f what President Obama dealt with in the death of his mother and her on going illness, this administration JUST MIGHT be more willing to listen to the cries from the people he represents as well as the opinion of numerous doctors and other professionals about the beneficial effects of medical marijuana uses. Plus, you can't tell me the government doesn't ALREADY know this and participate in it's own growing operation. That has been shown over and over again. They just haven't figured out how to make money off of it to feed the government yet, so what is the benefit to them to remove it from the drug list and remove penalty for using, consuming and feeding and watering a plant that I AM himself put on this earth for the use of us, it's inhabitants. i for one have Cherokee Indian in my heritage, it grew wild in my grandmothrs back yard and my family passed a "Peace Pipe" I for one will be taking your suggestion Canned and will be sending my opinion to Washington, I can't guarantee if i say something, anything will get done, but i can guarantee if no body says anything, Nothing will get done. Maybe our country should take a peace pipe when dealing with our enemies and combatants. Maybe then everyone could just chill and listen to the other....just wishful thinking....Guess day dreaming is a side effect of chillin down here in my flowering room, with my girls, my glass of wine and my smoke before bed..........

Peace All.....

"...but i can guarantee if no body says anything, Nothing will get done." Very well said, Jayla

I have to reflect those famous preisdential words "The only thing we have to fear is fear it's self"

On the whole, small time growers have nothing to fear in reality. Keep your self secure, and fight the good fight. It's the noble as well as moral thing to do. It's the only way we will truly make strides in this struggle for freedom. I've talked to so so many people that don't even use cannabis that feel it should be legalized.

I feel like we're standing on the edge of a new era. The door of opporotunity is right in front of us, all we need to do is give that door a collective kick. This is OUR country! Those govenment gurus and political pricks work for US. If they choose not to, then THEY are un-American, and are flirting with losing their jobs.
As Jayla pointed out, cannabis has become a big part of American culture. It's BEEN a part of Native American for YEARS. If our govt thinks they're going to stop US from partaking of our herb in the privacy of our own homes they have another thing coming. They'll have to pry my cold dead hands from my bong. Period. We allow millions of deaths on a moral issue of tobacco and alcohol for the sake of greasing the system with very LARGE amounts of money. Death and money over morality. It's high time (pun intended) our govt pull their heads out of their greedy asses and do the right thing. Cannabis is far less damaging to our socoety than tobacco and alcohol. That's a FACT. If we can put a man on the moon, they CAN make money from legalized cannabis. Fact.

This is OUR country.

This is OUR time.

Stand up, America, and be HEARD!

WE have the power to bring about that change.

SPM

PharmaCan

Veteran
If you don't want to put all of your personal info on Whitehouse.gov, here is the phone number to the White House switchboard: 202-456-1414.

And their FAX: 202-456-2461.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil! Call Obama and tell him what you think. If the White House starts receiving thousands of calls about this issue, something might get done sooner.

PC

burnt out og'er
Veteran
In keeping with the desire to see progress made in U.S. Medical Marijuana laws...

Thread stickied !

dreams

Is there anybody in Pennsylvania going to the march? contact me please.

Last edited:

JQP

I've been on that site a bunch encouraging the pres to get us off foreign oil. Do whatever it takes. Remember back when T. Boone Pickens was running ads promoting big time windpower? Those ads said we send 700 billion firickin dollars A YEAR overseas to support our oil habit. Holy crap Batman! So anyways, seems to me getting off this oil addiction would help our economy and keep us out of the oil-laden mideast. Maybe ease up on some of the devastation going on in Alberta diggin up oil out of the sand up there. Argh! Anyways, now I understand there's a march going on in our state capitol May 1 promoting legalizing marijuana. I'm gonna go, but it will have to be in disguise, because if my employer EVER found out about it, my ass would be grass, and not the good kind. Maybe I'll give this whitehouse.gov stuff some thought, maybe send off a nice letter. I can't just continue to hide my head in the sand is what I'm saying I guess. Thanks folks, JQ

buddydro

"...but i can guarantee if no body says anything, Nothing will get done." Very well said, Jayla

I have to reflect those famous preisdential words "The only thing we have to fear is fear it's self"

On the whole, small time growers have nothing to fear in reality. Keep your self secure, and fight the good fight. It's the noble as well as moral thing to do. It's the only way we will truly make strides in this struggle for freedom. I've talked to so so many people that don't even use cannabis that feel it should be legalized.

I feel like we're standing on the edge of a new era. The door of opporotunity is right in front of us, all we need to do is give that door a collective kick. This is OUR country! Those govenment gurus and political pricks work for US. If they choose not to, then THEY are un-American, and are flirting with losing their jobs.
As Jayla pointed out, cannabis has become a big part of American culture. It's BEEN a part of Native American for YEARS. If our govt thinks they're going to stop US from partaking of our herb in the privacy of our own homes they have another thing coming. They'll have to pry my cold dead hands from my bong. Period. We allow millions of deaths on a moral issue of tobacco and alcohol for the sake of greasing the system with very LARGE amounts of money. Death and money over morality. It's high time (pun intended) our govt pull their heads out of their greedy asses and do the right thing. Cannabis is far less damaging to our socoety than tobacco and alcohol. That's a FACT. If we can put a man on the moon, they CAN make money from legalized cannabis. Fact.

This is OUR country.

This is OUR time.

Stand up, America, and be HEARD!

WE have the power to bring about that change.

SPM

Right?

To me if you won't fight for what's feeding your ass - you a hypocrite.

If you gotta hide you probably in a state that really needs you.

I had a "reality check".

Decided to quit the "woe is me bullshit" I've been selling myself and move to a legal state. Duh!

Quit the farm to farm another day. Sucked.

Became an active activist in my state while I make moving arrangements.

Met a lot of really cool people from all generations that have been carrying on the fight for us. On the front lines.

Just meeting these people has brought me new hope and confidence. These guys are good. Awesome and powerful mix of diversity and a shared passion.

Just think about what you could bring to the mix in your state?

I get the fear thing - I still scared shitless when I out there. But if I do not want to feel like that anymore, then I gotta do something about it now.

Get out there.

Person can be active and anonymous.

Put up a bunch of flyers

Put out a bunch of leaflets

Do some internet shit like Craigslist and link to an activist site.

Annonymous public awareness campaigns

I feel the biggest problem the movement has is that we have the majority of public opinion by a lot. But our majority is not always aware of what their legislators think of their opinion and how little weight they are really giving it.

Public Awareness

Send the public to the best activist sites in your state

"Looking for the best Medicinal Cannabis?"

go to w w w . activist site of your choice . com

That should get some of our people off their asses

OR

"85% Of Americans Are In Favor Of MMJ"

If this is you, then your opinion does not mean a thing

If your opinion matters to you go to .....com

That bold part is a pretty strong example of an NLP hook that should catch the majority.

It's the noble as well as moral thing to do.

And you can do it anonomously!

I'm just saying . . .

buddy

K

Kola Radical

The DEA raided a Cannabis testing lab in Denver today.

I told whitehouse.gov that I would not donate another penny until they reign in the corrupt DEA. And I donate reguarly. Or I used to.

john:420

The gov. Is making money off of the legislation of medical marijuana!! Out in California the owner of a quite large marijuana collage called oaksterdam also owns quite a few "coffee shops" pays over 8 hundred thousand in federal taxes every year!! There is a great program on TV called pot USA, great show really informative

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
If you want them to take you seriously, you need a few thousand people to call every day. Or a few hundred people to call all day every day.

Tie up the lines. From public phones.

Everybody calling once will mean a few calls a day. Nothing they can't easily handle.
A few thousand calls a day, every single day for months?

That's something on a whole other level.

Latest posts

Latest posts