What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Top leaves curling in suddenly

VI86

So within the last two days my relatively healthy and definitely healthy plants have started to turn for the worse I believe. Some are in promixHP others in some local soil from landscape place that isnt so great. I don't pump them with much of anything. Fish fert once or twice a week. Kelp dressing every few weeks.

Some of them were in a greenhouse in 35 Celsius without shading and almost literally burnt to death but others that took the heat or were outside suddenly arent doing so hot. Particularly the 4-5 fems I've already identified. We are having a pretty hot summer and sometimes daytime temps fluctuate from 10+ degrees C drastically.

I have a bad feeling I just overwatered them then they cooked themselves, that or root aphids or some issue like that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• First 213.jpg
    First 213.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 17
  • First 214.jpg
    First 214.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 20
  • First 215.jpg
    First 215.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 19
  • First 217.jpg
    First 217.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 16
  • First 218.jpg
    First 218.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 16

VI86

The first three pictures in my intial post are of a 7 gallon smartpot type pot that i just had jammed 4 plants into out of haste/lack of space bad timing and many issues but they were doing fine until the other day. I have another similar 4 together that are doing fine though I just ripped a male today.

The pictures in this post are of my more important and healthy Id'd females. First two are in 5 gallon buckets with lots of holes in the bottom and a few around the side with landscape fabric covering.

The last two pictures are of my probably 2nd healthiest plant (behind some lemon haze bagseed that is taking off but wont sex) and it is starting to show the topss wilting/curling in or whatever is happening. Rootbound possibly also? Not sure if I want to transplant them while starting to flower.

Attachments

• First 219.jpg
    First 219.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 18
  • First 220.jpg
    First 220.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 17
  • First 221.jpg
    First 221.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 19
  • First 222.jpg
    First 222.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 16
they look hella over watered. i seen this before when i was done watering my plants but then got distracted by a lover and never emptied the trays. woke up the next morning to same thing i see in your pics. i bet if you aint throw off the ph that they will be good in 4 days

VI86

Cool thanks. Was just looking for some other opinions. PH should be fine as I wont be giving them anything for the next few days as I let them dry out. Weather is going to be more mild in the mid 20s before kicks back into the 30c+ weather.

Cool thanks. Was just looking for some other opinions. PH should be fine as I wont be giving them anything for the next few days as I let them dry out. Weather is going to be more mild in the mid 20s before kicks back into the 30c+ weather.
enough holes at bottom of pots?

VI86

enough holes at bottom of pots?

The 5 gallon canadian tire buckets have 8 finger sized holes in the bottom and 5-6 on the side covered with fabric from the inside. The recycled nursery pots just have the edge type holes with none on the bottom

VI86

Russet mites. High heat kicks russets into high gear.

Naw there's no sign of mites anywhere on or under the leaves. I dug all of them up today to re-pot they were just drowning in a thick wet sponge of peat / muddy slop soil.

I'm such a dumb **** and a worse pest to my garden than any mite, aphid or disease. So frustrating, I've spent so much time and a decent amount of money (soil, fans when i was using greenhouse, pots, food/amendments etc. etc.) and I have like 1 good plant out of about 20-30. Hopefully some recover...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
It looks like it is a low PH to me. My next thought would be russet mites, if it's not a low PH issue.

you mentioned peat as your potting material. did you use straight peat or did you mix other stuff into your peat potting mix?

PDX Dopesmoker

Naw there's no sign of mites anywhere on or under the leaves. I dug all of them up today to re-pot they were just drowning in a thick wet sponge of peat / muddy slop soil.

I'm such a dumb **** and a worse pest to my garden than any mite, aphid or disease. So frustrating, I've spent so much time and a decent amount of money (soil, fans when i was using greenhouse, pots, food/amendments etc. etc.) and I have like 1 good plant out of about 20-30. Hopefully some recover...

OK maybe not then

Latest posts

Latest posts