What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My 2nd outdoor grow is full of probs after flood

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Been indoors perpetual for a little while but, this is only my second year outdoors.

Everything was doing great but we recently had a flood a some of the plants were completely under water for almost a day.

The day after the flood, 2 that had started to flower were covered in mud.

The tallest 2 were covered in bugs. Insects of every kind. I guess the bugs just grabbed on to whatever they could in floodwaters. I had caterpillars, ladybugs, daddy long-legs, beetles, ants, leaf hoppers, grass hoppers, etc. It was crazy.

Bugs are now gone, but there seems to be a pink powdery mildew on my Tiger Beat.

And all the plants now have yellow/ brown spots.

Tear everything down, and start over? It's late in the season so there won't be as much veg time.

I don't know.much of powdery mildew, especially pink.

picture.php

picture.php

DrDee

Hi Cannared,
Bummer about the flood. Been in several bad ones myself. Is the plant in the ground or in a pot? Since it isn't costing you any electricity...I say try to save it. Get some appropriate fungicide...or maybe some of the organic guys have a natural remedy.
Good luck,
JD

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Only my high voltage from the seed kompany is in a 27ish gal pot. Rest are in the ground.

therevverend

Veteran
Potassium Bicarbonate, company sells it calling it Green Cure, is an organic approved fungicide. You can even use it in flowering up to nearly harvest time. It's in quite a few food products among it's other uses.
Sorry you got hit by floods that's rough. It's part of being a farmer, you're at the whim of nature. Nothing you can do but go right back at it.
I'd go with what you've got now. Bugs come from the surrounding bush. Once it starts to dry up and die they'll migrate to your plants. You're actually lucky your disaster happened in Veg instead of 3 weeks into flowering.
No reason you can't recover from the bugs and mold, pull in a sweet harvest. Give them a big boost of nitrogen, along with P and a little K and micronutrients. They should snap right back and grow like crazy.
They should have 3-5 more weeks of Veg plenty of time to bush up. If you live in a long season full sun area you'll be fine.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Potassium Bicarbonate, company sells it calling it Green Cure, is an organic approved fungicide. You can even use it in flowering up to nearly harvest time. It's in quite a few food products among it's other uses.
Sorry you got hit by floods that's rough. It's part of being a farmer, you're at the whim of nature. Nothing you can do but go right back at it.
I'd go with what you've got now. Bugs come from the surrounding bush. Once it starts to dry up and die they'll migrate to your plants. You're actually lucky your disaster happened in Veg instead of 3 weeks into flowering.
No reason you can't recover from the bugs and mold, pull in a sweet harvest. Give them a big boost of nitrogen, along with P and a little K and micronutrients. They should snap right back and grow like crazy.
They should have 3-5 more weeks of Veg plenty of time to bush up. If you live in a long season full sun area you'll be fine.

I'm going to try to order that, funds are a little low.
Have no idea if it will work but untill I can order a better product, I have been spraying different mixes of milk, kombucha, aloe, agsil 16, soap for PM and insects, and spraying FF Flower Kiss, FF Boomerang, and Photosynthesis Plus for nutrients.

Some people say that the microbiology in the photo+ will compete for space with the mildew spores. Figure either way it can't hurt.

What exactly are the spots from? I hear conflicting reports. Is it calcium deficiency? Is it caused by mildew problems

One buddy said that he only sees those spots when he has bud rot, that can't be visually detected externally. My plant is in veg, but I guess it can still be infected with the rot.

xet

A few spots but plants look great. It's the outdoors. I would not worry any more.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Are those eggs or actual bugs? If you shake the plant does stuff fly away or fall off or does it stay on the leaf?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Sheesh...is it just on one leaf? Some kind of egg sac. I'd pull it and destroy it.
JD

I'm going back this evening to see if there is any more. I only saw it on one leaf, but it was getting dark and couldn't really see.

They egg sacks are hard. Tried to crush them by putting leaf on hard surface and rubbing my lighter across but it just tore leaf.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Gonna spray essential oils (Maggie's rtu), azamax, and few drops of Dr. Bronners soap.

Any objections? I'm all ears.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
They are eggs. They remind me of little pieces of quartz sand that are super glued to the back side of the leaf.
Your best bet will be to get in touch with your local extension office and see if you can provide them with a photograph or even a sample of the eggs. They should know what it is. The problem arises if it's a pest that only/mostly occurs on marijuana and you are in a non legal area. Either that or hope somebody on here is an entomologist or has seen those specific eggs before. :biggrin:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Your best bet will be to get in touch with your local extension office and see if you can provide them with a photograph or even a sample of the eggs. They should know what it is. The problem arises if it's a pest that only/mostly occurs on marijuana and you are in a non legal area. Either that or hope somebody on here is an entomologist or has seen those specific eggs before. :biggrin:

Va baby! I will definitely NOT be sending any samples. :biggrin:
Where are all my entomologists at?:1help: