What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Horizontal Growing

JohnBudd

I am experementing with my indoor crop. I have been bending and securing plants with strings. Just a little pull for 3-4 days, then pull the other horizontal direction for 3-4 days, cycle repeats. This seems to have opened up many, many more bud sites. It appears my top cola will lose a little weight, but with 12 bud sites where there was 3 is looking pretty good to me.
Has anyone done a grow such as this, and compared weight with non-trained plants?
I have created an "Z", and the results are looking promising. It just seems that the mid-lower half of plant now gets more light, which means larger buds.
Lets here your opinion, and results.

G

Oh yah thats a common method for indoor growers. Its called LST for Low Stress Training. It distributes the Auxins in the plant more evenly over the Canopy taking away from a main cola but opening up more budsites, which will decrease the possibility of mould and increase the yield. Its similar to topping just not as extreme not that topping is extreme.

Blatant

Joemutt1978

I do it too, to increase yield, with my light set up, I have a wide area of light, not concentrated to one spot, so LST is my way to go. Also try SCROG!

Latest posts

Latest posts