What's new

9 week grapefruit, harvest day!

G

Here is my grapefruit girl and she smells great! I grew from seed, one month veg and then 9 weeks of flower. This is my first successful SCROG so I am very pleased with the results. My yield could be a bit bigger, but I blame that to heat issues in an upstairs loft in Florida. None the less I am hoping for 2.5~3 zips. She is a wonderful plant to grow, very vigorous, reacts to training very well. One advisor is that if you do not keep your lights low, you might out grow your cab as I almost did. Also i would reccomend some sort of odor control, she stinks up the house, so i can imagine what more than just one would do. It has a very soft floral smell, and when squeezed its a strong citrus tropical punch that hits your nose. Definatly let her grow the entire 9 weeks, she really fattens up in week 7 and gets very frosty in the last week and half. Also her pistils all went a vibrant pink/red color. Take a look and let me know what you think. Enjoy

CHeers
Moneyshot

G

So here we are at week 9 and have had two full days of trimming! I cut up a total of 8 oz. wet, i am hoping it wont dry up to much. I am shooting for about 3 oz fully dryed and cured. I am going to dry for about 5-6 days and cure for a good three weeks in the jars. Here are some decent shots that I took today. Stick around and ill be giving a smoke report. Enjoy the photos.

Cheers
Moneyshot

G

This was female seeds. This was my first attempt with grapefruit, but i have dealt with some of there other strains i.e., white widow and skunk special, and they do a great job. Check back in about three weeks or so for a smoke report, I might even start a new thread, but either way thanks for stopping by and hte compliments. I am very happy with this harvest as well.

Moneyshot

G

Ya I am really excited about the smoke. What can be expected from it? I havent actually seen any grapefruit smoke reports. I was planning on letting it cure for 2-3 weeks. Does this sound ok? What kind of stone am I instore for? Thanks

Moneyshot

G

Going into the curing jars

Going into the curing jars

Today i cut off all remaining stems and leaves and sent them into their curing jars. They dried out quickly and I all together got 3 oz's from her. Not that bad, but could be better. It smells like grass right now individually but collectively they smell very orange like, stings the nostrils! Any way enjoy the pics, I cant wait for three weeks to go by. In the mean time I have some sour deez to hold me over. What is the smoke like for this wonderful girl? Cheers

Moneyshot

looks awesome mang...just curious, how many watts did you have her under? I would def let it cure for at least a month, but that green smell should go away within the next 2 weeks. I'm not as patient as you...i would have already been taste testing it within the frist week! enjoy your harvest! -xH

G

I grew her under a 400 watt HPS. I have already tested it out and the high comes on real fast and heavy in the eyes. The taste is still lacking and the duration of the stone isnt very long. It is just a matter of a few weeks. I hate this period!! Thanks for stopping by.

Moneyshot

G

Great looking haul $hot, i have a girl i grew from seed... smells unmistakably grapefruit...i'll get some pics later...
great job
peace

G

Great looking buds moneyshot, I have a couple of the skunk special going right now and will be flipping them in about a week, how much did yours stretch when you did them?

G

My skunks stayed reasonably short. They did stretch quite a bit but nothing likt the grapefruit. I would say about 9 inches of stretch total. It is a great plant when space is limited and a pretty easy plant to manage as well. Also mine stretched only a bit because of my light being close to the tops, it was during winter so i could bring hte lights closer. Also doing SCROG will decrease the amount of stretch. Cheers and good luck

Moneyshot

Latest posts

Latest posts