What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apollo 11, 12/12 from birth

G

A little experiment, Apollo 11 f2:s from Spice brothers under 12/12 from seed.

Last edited:
G

Thanks! It flowered for 10 weeks, so flowering was a little longer this way. On the other hand it started flowering after only about 2 weeks! Grown organically under 250 watt hps.

I also have 2 of FMS Grapefruits planted at the same time that has not finished yet (One is close and one looks like it would need a few more weeks). I think those will yield more than the apollo, we'll see :lurk:

Last edited:
G

Hi mushupork5, growing 12/12 ifrom start is sometimes recommended for extreme sativas to keep them at a managable size. Now Apollo is by no means an extreme sativa, but I grew it together with grapefruit which usually is said to need no to very short veg time to keep them managable. Sure I could have given them some time to veg properly and boost yield, but I wanted to try this mode of growing. And I'm quite happy with the results, and I think I'm better prepared now for the pure sativas... :sasmokin:

And no, I didn't clone.

Last edited:
G

Those are some absolutely beautiful looking buds. I especially like seeing some A11s still around.

I like the 12/12 idea although A11 doesnt really stretch much in flower. Im sure those Grapefruits have filled up the space nicely. I just got finished with my GF grow and they grew far more than I would have liked but it surprised me with yield so I guess I cant complain. Mine went 74 days and could have gone longer so you should be harvesting those very soon.

let's see pics of the grapefruit!!

i'm doing a 12/12 from seed grow with sour and strawberry diesel. i got some questions for ya: what size were your final containers? and when did you make the final transplant....as soon as you saw preflowers or after it stretched in flower some?

nice plant. look forward to seein the others.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
I love a11. More info about 12/12 from seed?

How many weeks before they showed signs of flower? How big did they get before they went into flower? Did you pinch them back at all?

Nice job, those buds look very good.

G

Apollo 11, 12/12 from birth (Now with Grapefruit!)

Apollo 11, 12/12 from birth (Now with Grapefruit!)

Thanks everyone. I'll try to answer all your questions, if I miss anything just shout.

what size were your final containers? and when did you make the final transplant....as soon as you saw preflowers or after it stretched in flower some?

Final containers are 4 litres I think. I actually made my first transplant 1 or two days before they started to flower. The early onset took me by suprise as I thought it wouldn't start to flower for at least another week.

How many weeks before they showed signs of flower? How big did they get before they went into flower? Did you pinch them back at all?

They showed very early. 2 grapefruits and 3 A11 were planted directly into peat pellets with 100% germ rate. I'm not sure for how long before they were transplanted, but probably less than 1 week (I'm not 100% sure though). From the first transplant it took 12 days until 2 A11 males were identified, on day 13 the remaining plants showed to be female. I'm sorry I can't tell you how big they were when they went into flower, but they were of course pretty small. I never pinched thembut I did however bend them over a bit to get better light penetration. All the plants later showed to have rather weak stems so the Apollo eventually broke under the weight of the top cola which was fixed with sticks and scotch tape. I've heard that this is a C99 trait, but the no veg period could very well have pronounced this (I'm a newbie on my second real grow, have no prior experience with the C99 family). The Grapefruits haven't broken, but the branches are very droopy.

Now for the grapefruit pics, I'm not very happy with how they came out( the pics, I'm quite satisfied with the plants), will update with new pics soonish. Here's GF no 1:

Here's GF no 2:

Last edited:
G

The GF and the A11 look killer, nice work! In 1 gallon pots too? I gotta give this a try sometime after seeing your results, awesome :joint:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
is the grapefruit from female seeds mate?? I ask because i want to try it but to be perfectly honest i still dont like femmed seeds...what was your experience of these? did you have any male flowers(if they r female seeds one i mean) what exactly were you not happy with??
thanks mate

natefrog

that Apollo is sick!...........what a wicked looking thing she is.....you can sure see the Grimm in her........always wondered about those F2's..............thx..........nate

G

Hi Harry, should have worded it differently... I'm very happy about the plants, i just wasn't satisfied with the quality of the pics... No hermies. Smells like grapefruit, lots of trichs, seems to be a heavy yielder. Great plant so far.

Thanks Natefrog :joint:

Edit: Yes, they're from Female seeds.

Last edited:
G

Final yield are in on the Apollo 11. It yielded 18 grams dried and trimmed, not much but I'm not a heavy smoker anyway so I'm happy with that. The important thing is quality, quantity is no concern. I've cut GF1 and it's now drying. It seems like the GF is a much better yielder than A11, but we'll see for sure when it's fully dried.

Last edited: