What's new

Grand Daddy Purple -

Jahminded

This GDP run came from clones and I am, overall, very impressed with this strain. Amazing trichome production with fat calyxes. Had 55 girls sitting under 1800 watts(600x3). Soiless mix used with Botanicare PBP for organic ferts. Ended up flowering for 53 days due to finding mold on 2 plants, but was very lucky to catch it early with very minimal damage. Final cure is happening now and this is extremely tasty shit. Definitely the real deal GDP and I will be holding on to this strain.

Once the next batch of clones are ready I will post a Diary on the next run with much better photos. This test run was extremely successful and I look forward to more. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for taking a look.

Jahminded

Room just a few days before harvest.

Girls hangin upside down.

Check out how the underside of the leaves turn purple. I wish I had a better camera right now....these pics do not do them justice.

Last edited:

Dr. D

Veteran
Hey mate long time no see. How you doin?
Lookin good, sounds like some nice weed.
What other strains are you running?

Jahminded

Dr. D said:
Hey mate long time no see. How you doin?
Lookin good, sounds like some nice weed.
What other strains are you running?

Whats up Dr.D?!?!

Yeah man, long time no see, but real nice to see you. I've been well, just getting into a new location and getting things dialed in. This first crop caught me off guard as I was not completely prepared for the smell to engulf my house.

Right now I've got this GDP and some Bubba Kush in clone. Both are clone only strains somewhat overdone here in Northern California, but if you get the real deal you sure know it. I also have some beans that I will play with soon. I sure wish I had a better camera....next run for sure.

How've you been? You have anything new and interesting on the horizon?

Jahminded

KillerDemo said:
what club did u cop the GDP clones from?

I didn't get them from a club. Friend of a friend hooked me up with a tray. Problem with getting clones from clubs is its hard to tell if you are getting the real deal....and it takes growing them out to find out....can be a huge waste of time, money and energy. Obviously, some clubs are better than others in this regard. L8.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey bro good to see ya getting things on the go, i look forward to seeing what else your gonna be introducing to the garden........how many plants did ya have under the 3x 600w?
Peace

G

Looks good havn't seen real gdp for awile now, but thats it hope you can let them go allitle longer next time to help your yeilds.

Damn man, that is the GDP for sure. I looove GDP when it's grown well...and it always looks like it yields pretty well.

Always looks/smells a little kushy to me, i wonder if erkle is related to kush at all.

Question real quick...does drying with the leaves still on help retain smell/taste? I always chopped mine off and wondered if I was missin out on somethin.

Peace...

G

Killer nuggs Jahminded, this is the first ive seen GDP here. looking forward to see next round. great job, peace, enjoy.

N

Neptune

LOL @ the $ tat

bling motherfuckin bling nyyyyaaa!

Granddaddy is the shit!

G

That looks awesome. What kind of spacing did each plant have? Ave. yield per plant? How long was veg or how big where they when you flipped them. Single cola?

Sorry for all the questions but your set up is similar to mine and I too have GDP running wit some others.

Jahminded

truecannabliss said:
Hey bro good to see ya getting things on the go, i look forward to seeing what else your gonna be introducing to the garden........how many plants did ya have under the 3x 600w?
Peace

Truecannabliss....sorry for the delay man...been out and about for about a month. Right now I've got 1 room of GDP and one room of some killer White Rhino....this WR is supposed to have some amazing yields...my buddy got almost 9 pounds from 50 ladies under 4 1000W lights...we'll see how my 600's do. I had 55 plants under my 3 600's. Now I have 2 rooms, 3 x 600W in each room. I could have fit more plants under the 600's but the trays I used were a bit small...now I have 1 single tray 4x8 in each room....should be better. Good hearing from you...

Jahminded

slips said:
Looks good havn't seen real gdp for awile now, but thats it hope you can let them go allitle longer next time to help your yeilds.

Thanks man...yeah the real deal GDP is mighty fine....smells very strong as well....gotta keep this stuff in an airtight jar...no baggy can contain the smell...no way. Yeah, I wish I could have let them go a bit longer....I caught mold very early on 2 plants and decided I needed to prevent a major loss...couldn't afford the risk of losing it......now that I have the humidity issue resolved, I think, well see how long it needs to go. In terms of when to harvest, I dont typically go by a number of days....I look at the trichomes daily for the correct time to harvest....maybe 4 or 5 days longer would have been it....not much more....the trichs were cloudy with some turing amber so it was close.

Jahminded

UmphreyMcgee420...thanks man. I appreciate the kind words.

Ogstradamus.....thank you very much. Yeah, I'm not sure of the lineage of GDP. I have heard a few people claim to know, but who really knows unless you were involved with the originators. The smell is unmistakable and different than anything else I have tasted, but it does have some hints of kush...I leave some of the leaves on during the drying process so the trichs aren't knocked off as much when I move them around. It really is pretty to see the purple leaves cover the budd, but it doesn't play a role in taste.

joeshmoe...thank you...stick around and you will see the next go round.

mcstagger...yeah....the tat I did myself....with a needle and some india ink when I was 13. What can I say....I learned at an early age what made the world go 'round.

Neptune.....whats up man...yeah...GDP is might fine smoke.....my $ tat is pretty old actually....almost 20 years...way before "bling" became popular...haha.

captainjack...thanks...they sure are stinky.

Shmokin...thank you very much. I used 2 gallon buckets right up against each other. GDP grows incredibly well with many branches all over the place....great for clones, but not ideal for a tight setup like mine so I clipped a lot of the branches and you can see how I strip the lower parts of the plant so the budding concentrates on the tops. Forget the small little buds near the bottoms that are a pain to trim....let the plant concentrate on the tops...better for everyone. I flipped them at about 3 weeks. Once they were big enought to take clones from I flipped em to 12/12. Dont worry about asking Q's.....that is why we are all here. O...almost forgot to give ya yields....After curing I had about 3 pounds...not bad..almost an ounce per plant.

Albert Walker...thanks man. I'm not sure about the 9 weeks. I would think the trichs would be a bit over ripe at that point, but I could be wrong. I will have to see on this next run....with humidity in check I should be able to let them go the distance...wish me luck.

UVrays...thanks man.

Litz_C.....thanks.

Last edited: