What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone seen this before? Mold? Rot?

M

moose eater

I went back and checked the name of that other bio-fungicide. It's called 'Prestop.'

I didn't dig deeply enough to find if it's the same or similar beneficial critter as in Mycostop.

It, like Mycostop, is best for inoculation, rather than post-facto addressing of fungal issues. but it -can- apparently arrest the advance, similar to Mycostop.

Seems a bit less concentrated. Comes in a 100 gram/3.5 oz. pack, and if I recall correctly makes between 6 and 10 gallons of solution for either drench or spray, depending on desired strength of the mix..

Can't recall what the total volume of usable liquid is from dilution of 5 grams of the Mycostop, but the price between the 2 is very similar; some place in the neighborhood of $25-$27 for 100 grams of Prestop, versus 5 grams of Mycostop.... plus freight..... which up here can eat your lunch.

I noted that some vendors have restrictions on which states they can/will ship to.

I'm re-stocking on the Mycostop, and trying to arrange shipping on a packet of the Prestop.

Latest posts

Latest posts