What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new start

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Thanks a lot guys, always nice with a pad on the back :)

Lowered the Ec for the new plants, looks like 1.2 might was a bit to high. They are showing growth, and I don't think they have been stunned.

Took the Ec down to 1.0 with some RO water, pH still around 6.2

Palindrome

King of Schwag
They are showing a little burn

They are showing fine light green growth, so I don't think there is any reason to worry.
Team Putin is doing fine!

Team Honey badger also did fairly well, took a bit of time but the broken glass clones finaly rooted.

Broke it apart to show the glass shades

The crushed hydroton, have also done well.

The coco is still not showing roots, still looking healthy and the clone light is only 14.5 Watt's at the wall. I will keep them around, just to time the rooting.

djimb

Veteran
Wow, I'm surprised the glass worked! Way to go, team honey badger! I guess It's like rooting cuttings the old school way, in sharp sand, except it's pretty much the sharpest sand you could get.

I guess it makes sense though. It's inert, and that's really the bare minimum for a hydroponic medium.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
@djimb Im not that surpriced that it worked, maybe a bit with the large dose of LIFTA.
Normaly I would tend a lot more to my clones, but the vacation was a must and was sure the RW cubes would do okay.

Im often more surpriced, that soo many have so much trouble rooting clones.
On the other hand I very well remember the struggle, when I started doing clones more then 15 years ago.

The transplanted clone are doing fine, the first roots are starting to poke out of the new pouch.

I'll run them the week out on 1.0 Ec, and when I change the nutes for the flowering moms.
I will bump them up, depending on how they look up around 1.3-1.5 ec.
The cheese plants have peaked up alot, after I started hitting them with a much heavyer feed and more frequent waterings.

Next flower run won't be a low feeding around 1.2-1.6 Ec thru flower, the closet is alreasy at 1.8 and I expect I will end up around 2.5-2.8 Ec at some point during flower.
Also planing for a 10 week flower cycle, as I got stuff mixed up when I got the original Cheese clone.
Mixed it up with exodus cheese, looking that up I expected a 8 week strain that would bennefit from 9 weeks.
I later learned, that's not the case. It's a 10 week strain, that can be cut at 9½ weeks.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Time to start dabbeling with the old seeds again, I got the space under the veg light and soon the clones will be moved into flower.

This should give me good time to grow some seedlings, but first I will be testing Ga3, Fulvic acid and fructose solutions. To promote sprouting in old seeds and tissue culture.

First I will test it on some old G13 seeds and some more fresh seeds thats only a few years old.

Disolving 55 mg Ga3 into 1.5 ml Iso, by heating it while swirling the test tube over a butane flame.

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Hey really interesting build and I'm curious about the broken glass as a medium, where did you hear about that?

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Hey really interesting build and I'm curious about the broken glass as a medium, where did you hear about that?

It's been a topic for debate many times, many years back. I remember haveing the debate back on OG chat. If broken car window's wouldnt make a great n cheap medium, we all agreed it could work. Never seen anyone do it, so it was just a odd experiment to see how it worked.

It was shit to work with, planting the seedlings. It's not a medium I will be using in the future, but it was fun and hope it didn't piss anyone off. I see alot of people who struggle with cloning, then some asshat like me come and do it in broken glass. :laughing:

blackone

Veteran
Nice work - it's going to be fun watching part 2. I'm itching more and more to get started with a grow again myself. Still debating what I should start... Can you recommend Cheese?
I definitely used to have a lot of trouble cloning before. When I moved to plastic cups with jiffys instead of the mini greenhouses it helped a bit because the clones are not touching each other.
Lost a FMS Grapefruit pheno once trying to root in kitchen sponges because all of my clones died :)

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Nice work - it's going to be fun watching part 2. I'm itching more and more to get started with a grow again myself. Still debating what I should start... Can you recommend Cheese?

I hope 2nd run, as a mono crop will be a little better and gonna feed them differently.
I am very happy with the cheese, it's a very plesant and smooth smoke. Even tho I ended up cutting early, it's very potant and have a great high.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Old seeds run #2

Old seeds run #2

Gonna give it another go with old seeds, this is a test run with Ga3, Fulvic Acid and Fructose.
Didn't have these last time, now I just took some old G13 seeds I have a bunch of and some Mystery Island seeds.

The G13 seeds are at least 6 years old, prolly more like 8 years old.
The Mystery Island seeds I have had for 2 years, don't know how old the weed was when I got it. Im guessing it was at least a year old, with no idea how it's been stored.

Washed the seeds in a mild H2O2 solution for 35-40 min

Then moved the seeds to soak in 100 ppm Ga3 solution, Fulvic solution, Fructose solution and a mix of all of them.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Flower day 3 for the moms

I was gonna top the res off, with a bit of RO water and forgot about it.
Brought it all the way down to 1.0 Ec ouuups, so I just topped it off with Lucas formula 2:3 Micro/Bloom.

Brought it back up to 1.8 Ec, pH is 5.7

Team Putin is doing great, roots are developing fine and showing nice green growth on veg day 3.

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Hey

Just wondering about your cheese and whether that's from seed or a cut, and does it really smell cheesey as I haven't had first hand experience with any cheese, cheers, the high sounds bomb tho

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Hey

Just wondering about your cheese and whether that's from seed or a cut, and does it really smell cheesey as I haven't had first hand experience with any cheese, cheers, the high sounds bomb tho

It's the original clone, and yes it can smell a cheesy as your feet, pulled pulled from your army boot, after a 20 click stretch.
It develops thru flower, at a point of flower my room smelled like 20 dead possums.

So a good mix of old gymsocks or army boots and dead roadkill on a hot summer day. I totaly understand we all love this ..... :laughing:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Awesome science project!

Yeah, if sicence can help sprout my old beans, I will be a happy grower!

Flower day 4

Ec 1.8
pH 5.5

Veggin Cheese

Ec 1.0
pH 6.2

Clone experiment

Not sure if they went into stasis or what have happend here, these cuttings are 29 days old.
Still no visable roots, I have removed some dead "lunch pack" leafs.
I'll give them the weekend over, and then I will toss them.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
You got me excited

You got me excited

I like the start. How long are you thinking before you move the cheese to the other room?

Palindrome

King of Schwag
I like the start. How long are you thinking before you move the cheese to the other room?

When I look at my calender, the plan kinda was to flip them after a week of veg. But I might just give them another week, but I don't wanna veg them just to remove the lower growth.
As a SOG grower, I have never understood why people veg fewer plants so much, they have remove 1/3 of the bottom growth.

I understand air circulation and all that, but to me it seems like a waste of energy. Unless you have a plant limit ... Veg is more costly and IMO can be brougth to a minimum. The question is, how short can I do it in hydroton. Idealy I would like some nice tight pants, around 2-2½ ft tall and yealding around 40-50 gram dry.
Had it been Aeroponics, I would have flipped them by now. But they don't grow as fast, as they would in the old spacestation.