What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GAVITA 1000W

scarafino

Hello , My growshop talk to me about gavita 1000W and tell me a gavita 1000W = 2.2LBS? So it makes me want to buy several gavita 1000, but since his lamps are open I wonder if the temperature is difficult to manage?

how much gavita for a surface of 10X10 and how much plant in pot size 3 gallon per gavita ? with the one month veg ?

For the optimum yield

Dog Star

Veteran
12 x 12 meters or feets..??

If feets then 3-4 is enough,if meters than 10-12 Gavitas on that space..,

better go with 5 gallon pots or 7 gallon if you can.. 16-20 plants if from cut under each lamp 2-3 weeks of veg and then flip to flower...

How high is ceiling??

scarafino

Why 5 or 7 gallon jars?

This is too big not for 3 veg weekdays? and 16 plants?

I want to go out 2LBS / 2.2LBS By gavita

the height of the ceiling is 2.50 meter

Dog Star

Veteran
Cause bigger pots will give you better yield,then plants have less shock if
they have so strong lights above self and dont have place for their roots..
less watering in bigger pots,more food to build plants if you grow in soil..

From clones you flip after 2 weeks.. depend also on strains you growin..

What strains you growin??

I will put in space 3x3 meter 2 Gavitas,its enough in light levels..

i grow in 150 x 150 x 215 tent and suceed to go over this numbers you mention,
but you need to have some experience and good yielders..

you could actually hit 3lb even more when you tune yourself in growing
under Gavita..

scarafino

Only 2 Gavita for 9 square meter?

3 meter = 9 Meter square critical + 2.0, critical kush The variety I grow,

3 lb per Gavita?

Just because the hydro shop douche told you if you buy a gavita you’ll pull 2.2lbs doesn’t mean you’re gonna pull 2.2lbs. Tons of other factors to consider. I hope you have 10ft ceilings also. Not trying to bash you bro...just being realistic. Hydro shop guys will say whatever they have to say to get you to buy $500 lights. That being said...it’s very possible to pull 3lbs per gavita...but take everything else into consideration. You’re gonna need a big ass ac as well. I have 2 gavita 1000’s but can’t use them currently because I have 8ft ceilings...burn city!

scarafino

I know, but it's easier to do 2.2LBS with a 1000W gavita than with a 1000W hps one agrees?

With a good variety like critical kush for example

clearheaded

no.

lets do our thinking....
if need fixture 3-4 feet from plant and fixture takes up around a foot at least.(5 feet) only gives u 3 feet to have a pot AND plant. so if growing 20 inch plants ur good but pretty much negates positives of that bulb growing small plants....

change ur thoughts from quantity to quality.. and ur far from pulling max amount from any light if have never grown before. toss out any dreams u have of that cause not only do u have to grow but dry and cure takes learning aswell.

scarafino

Ok ok my friend

i want quality and quantity lol !!

My goal is to release 13.5 LBS every 3 months! I have more empty bedroom, what configuration do you recommend?

3X BEDROOM 10 - 12 square meter....

or else 9-10 lbs every 2 months ....

I know the culture, I am not an expert but I already have culture to my credit I'm going to invest in a lot of material so I'm looking for the best possible configuration

Honestly man any kind of DE bulb is gonna be your enemy. And you’re def gonna have to pay your dues. Don’t go into your first grow thinking you’re gonna pull anything close to 3 per light...or even 2 for that matter. If you have 12x12 rooms I’d say two 4x8 tables per room with two SE 1000w above each table. A lot of good brands to choose from. Don’t skimp on bulbs or hoods. I have nothing but good things to say about quantum and Solis-tek ballasts. Adjust a wing hoods are awesome if you’re not going air cooled. Hortilux is probably your best bet as far as bulbs...I’ve been using yield lab bulbs the last few runs with excellent results...a lot cheaper than hortilux. You could easily do 10+ a MONTH once you get the rooms going and strain dialed. Lots and lots of variables.