What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need advice from those wiser than me

JustinAuldphart

New grower here...have two OG Kush in pots outdoors...budding up nicely, I think...the learning curve on feeding has been long and winding...I was afraid of burning and so underfeed for a while...lots of yellow leaves...
Thought I had situation under control finally, feeding 3-12-6 Bloom formula with trace nutes 1/2 strength every watering...
suddenly much more yellowing and this purplish tinge on the edge of leaves, but only on one of the plants...they have been raised, fed, watered etc. identically ....any thoughts...thanks....
2Q==

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
How long have the plants been flowering?

Doesn't sound like there is enough Nitrogen in your feed.

I'll check back and see if you get that pic up.

JustinAuldphart

Thanks, Lester...
They have been blooming for about 3-4 weeks, I reckon...outdoors...
As I said I have been afraid of a nutrient burn so probably underfed the whole crop...buds are still looking good but the new yellowing and that rusty edge have me baffled since in theory I have been giving enough 3-12-6...I flushed both Kush plants in case of lockout and will try again tomorrow with a 1/2 strength feeding...does that make sense to do??
Figured out how to add image:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Right at the stage your plants are sometimes they require a bit of Nitrogen after the stretch and flower set they just went through.

I normally feed half veg and half bloom nutrient to get them a touch more N.

Do you have a veg nutrient? The bloom you are using does not have enough N.

I would feed some N just once and watch them green right up.