What's new

Whet is the best pot placement in 4x4 grow tent with 5 plants..Diagram available

I'm in a4x4 with 5 plants had 6 but 1 died when young..using g a 200w ds led and a 350 XML led both are top of the line lights.. My plants are not very big I'm LST and they have not quite filled the bucket yet but close.. What would be the best placement for pots I fill like ether way I'm wasting light... I now have one plant on other side of tent by its self under the 200w and 4 under the 350 .. Lights are not directly center yet kuz of fan and other shit but when they get bigger I plan on centering light what y'all think.. I was thinking 1 in center and 2 on one side and to on other side like the 4 on a dice

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170830-023256.jpg
    Screenshot_20170830-023256.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 10
Was it that stupid of a question? Reason I asked was kuz it seams 4 p!ants under the 350 is less waist of light and one under the 200 plants are being showered with all the light possible

thejact55

Seems like you are having an arguement with yourself haha! ;)

I usually go with the diagram on the bottom left, with the question mark by it. Depends on how the plants grow, but that is my default 5 plant setup.

M

moose eater

20-some years ago we built 4'x4' boxes, roughly 7' tall (several varied in height, variety being the spice of life and all). We painted them in flat and/or satin pure bright white, and vented all four sides down low with light-weight register vents, measuring approximately 3-1/2" x 14" or so, placed in the center of each side, down low, with muffin fans (computer-cooling axial fans) centered near the tops of three of the four walls, and hooded with black plastic 6 mil formed into funnel-like shapes to keep light out when the fans weren't running.

Probably fairly similar to what you're using now with the tents they sell.

Running anywhere from 5, to 9, to 16 plants per box, depending on what we were doing, and sizing pots accordingly.

The 5-pot set-up benefitted from one in each corner, and one in the center, making sure to turn the corner plants 180 degrees every so often, and making sure the shorter/bushier plant went into the middle.

With 9 plants, we ran three rows/columns of three plants each, with slightly smaller pots, again making sure to turn the pots on the perimeter of the configuration 180 degrees every now and again for more even lighting.

Likewise with 16 pots (4 rows of 4), and still slightly smaller plants that were A.) the best for production weight in time given, but with the ever smaller pots, at bloom time, with lots of uptake, a friend commented that it was almost like running a hydroponic set-up but using an organic soil with a Pro-Mix base.

In all three situations described above, we'd place the taller plants to the perimeter, descending in height as the pots came closer to the center, directly under lights.

With LEDs, I've used considerably smaller areas, with 90 watt saucers, and the lights considerably closer, trying to split effective area evenly between plants

I don't know if that answers your question or not. But my right-hand fingers are numb now from typing.

M

moose eater

Don't know if it matters, but in the beginning we were running old style magnetic ballasts in Hydro-Farm and Sun System hoods with 360 to 400 watt bulbs, metal halide, then transitioning ballasts to magnetic hps, back when most required specific ballasts.

Then we got rid of them and ran digital 400 watt ballasts from both Hydro-Farm (Phantoms) and Lumatek (which -mostly- worked pretty well, despite others having problems with Lumatek).

Then came the transition to 315 cmh.

happy hydro

Hey man, it won't really matter where the pots go if you train the plants in the directions you need them to grow you should be able to cover the whole canopy with plant matter.

While vegging, just spread them out so you can keep pulling branches down and spreading your canopy out so it covers the entire area down the road.

Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Latest posts