What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking very sexy SolarLogos :D What's your plan with the Honduran males this season ?

Beautiful TychoMonolyth :) Is this your Honduras or ours ? A joy to see them so healthy planted in the ground.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks dubi. They're mine but got polluted with a jamaican a couple years ago. I lost the originals. Now I have to wait until travel returns to normal to revisit and get more. I tried 3 time to have them mailed to me, but no joy.

SolarLogos

Looking very sexy SolarLogos :D What's your plan with the Honduran males this season ?

Beautiful TychoMonolyth :) Is this your Honduras or ours ? A joy to see them so healthy planted in the ground.
Thank you Dubi. I like both the males, strong, vigorous and decent Honduran structure. I'll bulk up on Honduran seeds, crossing them with the 3 girls. I'm planning to make Purple Haze Satellite x Honduran, I've always thought it would be a perfect fit with either PH or PS. I would also like to dust a branch of the SMCGxOHz. Honduran is such a great high, it should compliment just about anything it's crossed with. If the OHz pollen in the freezer is still viable, I'll try for a Honduran O'Haze.
Peace, God bless

MrFancyPlants

I managed to successfully re-veg my Honduran:

7PVxkc5
7PVxkc5

7PVxkc5

Of the 6 cuttings I took, 5 rooted in just 7 days! Just root riot plugs, no rooting hormones. These are insanely vigorous plants.

SolarLogos

The last of the 5 Honduran's to show sex surprised me and turned out to be a male; he is the only short, compact, and narrowest leaves of the 3 males. He will get crossed with the narrowest leaf female. I'll get seeds from the other two males and the remaining female.
Female on left, male on right

Another female

Male

Group shot, latest male is the short guy in the middle

SolarLogos

Male

Male

Here is a better look at my 3rd male. He was the last to show, but has very desirable branching and short innernode spacing, compared to the other two which are tall, longer innernode spacing and very little branching.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi TychoMonolyth,

If you cannot longer get your Honduras line back maybe it will be a good idea to cross your Honduran/Jamaican hybrid with our Honduras to make a hybrid with extra Honduran content with 2 different lines from the country, sounds good.

Thanks dubi. They're mine but got polluted with a jamaican a couple years ago. I lost the originals. Now I have to wait until travel returns to normal to revisit and get more. I tried 3 time to have them mailed to me, but no joy.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely branching and symmetric growth on your latest Honduran male SolarLogos :)
Always a pleasure to follow your work with the sativas friend.

SolarLogos

The 2 males from H6 mom dropped their pollen and are composting. Pollen has been stored. H5 male is just starting to drop his pollen and is being collected. All 3 had hollow stems
H5 male
picture.php

H5 female
picture.php

She is not quite ready to take on pollen
picture.php

H6 female
picture.php

We are at 11 hour, 40 minutes of sunlight today. I looked up the weather in Honduras and winter solstice is 11 hours, 16 minutes and summer solstice is only 13 hrs even. That explains the late flowering. I think the next time I grow these I will probably start to force flower them around mid-August and let the natural light cycle take over at the equinox.
I love these Hondurans, it's still my favorite smoke. I just opened a jar from 2018 and so smooth, no cough, tasty old wood smoke. Thank you so much Dubi, my collection would not be complete without this one.

led05

Chasing The Present
The 2 males from H6 mom dropped their pollen and are composting. Pollen has been stored. H5 male is just starting to drop his pollen and is being collected. All 3 had hollow stems
H5 male
View Image

H5 female
View Image

She is not quite ready to take on pollen
View Image

H6 female
View Image

We are at 11 hour, 40 minutes of sunlight today. I looked up the weather in Honduras and winter solstice is 11 hours, 16 minutes and summer solstice is only 13 hrs even. That explains the late flowering. I think the next time I grow these I will probably start to force flower them around mid-August and let the natural light cycle take over at the equinox.
I love these Hondurans, it's still my favorite smoke. I just opened a jar from 2018 and so smooth, no cough, tasty old wood smoke. Thank you so much Dubi, my collection would not be complete without this one.

Looks like you’re improving the line - kudos brother logos - leaving something great even nicer than you began with, to my tastes morphologically at least

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Looks like you’re improving the line - kudos brother logos - leaving something great even nicer than you began with, to my tastes morphologically at least
Thanks brother, you're very kind and good seeing you. These two plants are P2 for me and if I weren't growing these for smoke, I would have done a larger selection. That said, H6 looks like the mom, but H5 is a lot skinnier, yet nicer branching structure. I may want to do a larger selection on the P3 from H5. We'll see how the flowers look at finish, they'll have to look good if I'm going to talk you into growing a few of my line:biggrin:
Peace bro

SonicNurse92

Hola Dubi !

From a 5 pack Standard of P1 2017 i found 4 females, 3 unstable and 1 true female and mexican pheno, I'm flipin of joy

H1 was the purple colombian one, H2 and H3 i could not say, maybe some colombian/mexican pheno, and the H4 is my Holy Grail

She's at 95 days of 11/13 with a couple of S1's only for preserving, i'm going to let her run 105 maybe more cuz the beans are not mature enough

Now some pictures for the backup

Gracias Dubi y Kaiki!

Attachments

• DSCN1937.jpg
    DSCN1937.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN1939.jpg
    DSCN1939.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN1997.jpg
    DSCN1997.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN1986.jpg
    DSCN1986.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Honduras1.jpg
    Honduras1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Honduras3.jpg
    Honduras3.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Honduras2.jpg
    Honduras2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN1999.jpg
    DSCN1999.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful SonicNurse92 :bigeye: Congrats for taming so well the tropical sativa genetics indoors and for achieving such bountiful and voluminous harvest :yes:

Some Honduran individuals still can produce some nanners in late flowering at current P2 stage, mainly indoors, it's much more sexually stable outdoors, if you take same clones and flower them outdoors they will probably won't produce the nanners, but if you want to breed or produce seeds with this strain it's very convenient to know which individuals tend to do it indoors so you focus on your favorite ones that remain fully sexually stable.

The one labeled as Honduras1 is clearly the purple Colombian pheno, Honduras 2 looks like a blended pheno, still more on the Colombian side as we like to call it, these 2 will be ripe enough in just a few days more .... the unnamed pics are clearly the Mexican yellowish pheno, this one will need 1-2 weeks more.

Again, congrats! :tiphat:

SonicNurse92

Hola Dubi!

Thank you very much for the information and the kind words it is an incentive for me cause i'm pretty young

I'm back with some pictures with resin details at 101 days of flowering of the Honduras 4 Mexican phenotype that i selected. This is in fact the second lap of her. I already consumed the other 3 unstable. The Honduras 1 purple Colombian pheno was more denser than the other 2 females. Honduras 2 and 3 was pure energy and happiness for 90-120 minutes long so it was my morning choice before going to work.

Honduras 4 is going to reach 105 days on sunday, is the harvest day and is coming! :dance013:

The S1 seed is not maturing and i believe that the reason is the lack of calix to cover her from light... I'll try to make the S1 seeds to preserve this nice female at the end of the year. I reversed it her with colloidal silver and pollinate my 3 Zamaldelicas and 1 Oldtimer's Haze Green resinous compact phenotype.

I'll be back with more pictures after harvest and again with the review in a couple of weeks. First lap was only 91 days and trichomes was clearer than now.

Hasta pronto dubi y amigos :tiphat:

Attachments

• Honduras 101 trichs closeup.jpg
    Honduras 101 trichs closeup.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Honduras 101 trichs.jpg
    Honduras 101 trichs.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Honduras 101.jpg
    Honduras 101.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

SolarLogos

wow a two year cure?!

how has the high developed in that time?
It's the same familiar Honduran high, but any creeper effect is gone, it's a very smooth, gradual climb but the high just feels so much more relaxed and smooth if that makes sense. Not relaxed as in a body or head stone, but a clean high that is so very mentally clear, while still very much soaring with a beautiful "easy feeling". I put it back on a vacuum seal and will pull it out to compare with the current Hondurans I'm growing, once they have had a chance to cure.

SolarLogos

H5

H5

I have two lines that I've been working, the H5 and H6. H5 has the smaller calyxes of the two lines and H6 has medium size calyxes. Both lines usually finish in the greenhouse the 2nd week of January, finishing even later than OTH. Both are looking very frosty considering there is still more time to flower. Honduran is usually hairy with small trichomes and small calyxes, so there is certainly improvement over resin coverage.
The white on the leaves is Diatomaceous Earth.

H5
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php