What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pakistan Chitral Kush

Ranger

Hiding,

I did find quite a few unseeded buds that were plenty dry enough for at least a quick potency test. I'm a long time frequent smoker, but always a '2 hit and quit' since I started growing the name strains, Flo, Satori, Blueberry......ect. This is the first pure Indica strain that I ever smoked and didn't know what to expect. Have been smoking samples over the last 2 days and am experiencing a pleasant functional high that has zero anxiety effects no matter how much I smoke. This is a first for me as I've always had to be careful about smoking too much in one session. I see a great potential in this strain for crossing to a very Sativa plant that needs a shorter flower time or smaller structure.

Very easy plant to grow and will be working with this strain much more in the future. It did deliver a very nice comfortable high that lasted an hour or so, but probably not the knockout punch that I think you're looking for. Remember though, this was my first and only PCK, so the next could be stronger. I do believe the main value of this strain is crossing to Sativa. I thinking of the right Satori pheno x PCK, could be something really special.

you will find, with this strain, that it is a landrace from the Mideast and as such still maintains it's wild genetic diversity and produces, with regularity, high CBD phenos. that is why it does not promote anxiety and also why some say it's weak.

the weakest phenos will be the highest proportioned in CBD, more then likely. i have had phenos that blow me away and others i felt almost nothing from so there's the scoop on PCK and why i do love this variety so. and also why the broadly differing smoke reports as well.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Hiding,

I did find quite a few unseeded buds that were plenty dry enough for at least a quick potency test. I'm a long time frequent smoker, but always a '2 hit and quit' since I started growing the name strains, Flo, Satori, Blueberry......ect. This is the first pure Indica strain that I ever smoked and didn't know what to expect. Have been smoking samples over the last 2 days and am experiencing a pleasant functional high that has zero anxiety effects no matter how much I smoke. This is a first for me as I've always had to be careful about smoking too much in one session. I see a great potential in this strain for crossing to a very Sativa plant that needs a shorter flower time or smaller structure.

Very easy plant to grow and will be working with this strain much more in the future. It did deliver a very nice comfortable high that lasted an hour or so, but probably not the knockout punch that I think you're looking for. Remember though, this was my first and only PCK, so the next could be stronger. I do believe the main value of this strain is crossing to Sativa. I thinking of the right Satori pheno x PCK, could be something really special.

Thanks for coming back with a report Keif, it's much appreciated. It sounds delightful, and for myself I'd probably really like it, but a few of my patients have been asking for indica's with the potency to put down a horse lol, not my thing but tha'ts what a lot of ppl seem to like.

I will keep it on the list for personal growing but will have too look for something else for them.

Thanks again :wave:

Ranger

Thanks for coming back with a report Keif, it's much appreciated. It sounds delightful, and for myself I'd probably really like it, but a few of my patients have been asking for indica's with the potency to put down a horse lol, not my thing but tha'ts what a lot of ppl seem to like.

I will keep it on the list for personal growing but will have too look for something else for them.

Thanks again :wave:

check out Mazar or even some of the Nepalese stock, high mountain Charas and such.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
check out Mazar or even some of the Nepalese stock, high mountain Charas and such.

Any Mazar in particular? I grew the GN collection Mazar landrace and they were pure garbage.

I took a look at the Nepalese Hghland too but not much info out there about it, maybe I should do some more looking.

Ranger

Any Mazar in particular? I grew the GN collection Mazar landrace and they were pure garbage.

I took a look at the Nepalese Hghland too but not much info out there about it, maybe I should do some more looking.

Ace/Cannabiogen is what i have grown, friend of mine also tried another companies, i'll pm you since they do not sell here, and said they were real nice.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hiding,

Glad you liked it Keif :yes:

I find PCK effect very pleasant too, it's not overpowering like a heavy based afghani indica hybrid could be .... but i prefer the PCK effect over the afghani hybrids, especially to smoke during the day and still be functional and clear minded. Take in mind PCK is a pure strain, so potency won't reach the strong modern afghani hybrids. Although some green PCKs are quite strong.

I also prefer to cross PCK with sativas rather than with indicas.

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you liked it Keif :yes:

I find PCK effect very pleasant too, it's not overpowering like a heavy based afghani indica hybrid could be .... but i prefer the PCK effect over the afghani hybrids, especially to smoke during the day and still be functional and clear minded. Take in mind PCK is a pure strain, so potency won't reach the strong modern afghani hybrids. Although some green PCKs are quite strong.

I also prefer to cross PCK with sativas rather than with indicas.

How does she breed with indicas?

What makes you prefer the pck x sativa hybrids

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
How does she breed with indicas?

What makes you prefer the pck x sativa hybrids

Hi TheRealHash,

This has been just my experience breeding with PCK. The pure afghanis or very afghani dominant plants when they are crossed with PCK, for example: Bubba Kush x PCK, ErdPurt x PCK, Cheese indica x PCK, etc ... didn't produce vigorous F1 indica hybrids, the hybrids were just ok, but not better than the parental plants.

Many times the indica x PCK hybrids were quite low yielding and the ratio of vigorous-outstanding plants was low (but when you find them, they are truely exceptional). I'm still exploring this route, trying to find a desirable mix of afghani and PCK in a seedline.

PCK crosses much better with China Yunnan: hybrids like China x PCK F1, Orient Express Yunnan pheno x PCK and PCK x Kali China work very well, showing an interesting and more vigorous mix of traits, that are usually superior to the parental plants.

On the other hand, I have had much better and predictable results using a sativa female (especially african sativa female), pollinated with PCK pollen. The sativa x PCK indica F1 hybrids usually work great, the sativa effect and abundant flower/leaf ratio shines in the hybrid and the PCK adds the desirable forest fruit aromas, short flowering time and intense colors. This cases make 1+1 = 3.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
picture.php

PCK x Lebanese

Ranger

just finished another run of PCK and got one beauty out of it, so frosty the purple\black foliage almost looked white when she finished. good times eh

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been taking a break from smoking, about two months ago I was smoking on and off.

After a three day break I smoked the usual 2 blunts of purple urkle in a row, and got waaaay too high. I got anxiety and I've never had that before, but I also never took a break from smoking before. Not ever.

When I do start smoking again.. If I do, I'll be smoking pck or one of my pck hybrids and hopefully it will be mild enough for my low tolerance..

I know a few other people that don't smoke too often and they are requesting low thc smoke, thats all they can handle too. So even though most smokers want the highest thc % possible, I don't, not anymore..

Purple Paki and her hybrids have a place in the cannabis industry for sure.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi dubi,

Have you crossed the Panama to the PCK? And if so how were the results?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Lester Beans,

Yes, we have just produced lately a few PCK x Panama hybrids:
Green PCK x Panama elite, Purple PCK x Panama elite .... but they are yet untested.

Ranger

I've been taking a break from smoking, about two months ago I was smoking on and off.

After a three day break I smoked the usual 2 blunts of purple urkle in a row, and got waaaay too high. I got anxiety and I've never had that before, but I also never took a break from smoking before. Not ever.

When I do start smoking again.. If I do, I'll be smoking pck or one of my pck hybrids and hopefully it will be mild enough for my low tolerance..

I know a few other people that don't smoke too often and they are requesting low thc smoke, thats all they can handle too. So even though most smokers want the highest thc % possible, I don't, not anymore..

Purple Paki and her hybrids have a place in the cannabis industry for sure.

well i wouldn't just go and smoke any old PCK pheno. i just finished my 4th grow and there are at least 90% of my plants that will lay me down outright if i don't respect them. lol

got one that had almost black buds and it was so frosty they looked to be covered with snow, that girl is some potent ass weed. note i am a med patient and have been going on 4 years of everyday usage.

kicker is i'm breeding for the opposite, looking for some high CBD pheno's. irony right.

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I guess I'll test my Purple Paki hybrids out this coming season and have my phenotypes tested for thc and cbd, maybe even a terpene profile..

dannykarey

Looking forward on hearing the out come TRH........I got some older heads I know that don't like the OG's, chems etc......This could what there looking for.

Keep up the good work!

Danny

Ranger

Well I guess I'll test my Purple Paki hybrids out this coming season and have my phenotypes tested for thc and cbd, maybe even a terpene profile..

that would be a good idea for certain. one thing about this cultivar, it is one of the most beautiful strains you will ever see, absolutely gorgeous. i really have enjoyed working with PCK and it has become one of my favorites.

G

PCK...2 girls

PCK...2 girls

Hello Folks,

Just some pics of 2 small, but nice PCKs that I have going in my current grow. Vegged about 3 weeks and put in flower about 2 weeks ago. Will use 1 of these to make some F2s using pollen from a nice PCK grown last year. Also plan to make a cross with a Cherry Bomb that I have pollen collected and ready. 1 of these PCK girls turned out with a 'forked' main stem. This may be more common than I realize, but it's the first for me.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The smoke from my PCK last year definetly improved the longer it cured. I wasn't that impressed at first but I'm glad I kept it. After a few extra weeks, it increased in potency and delivered a long lasting happy effect without the slightest hint of anxiety. I certainly will include this strain or a cross every chance going forward.

Keif

Ranger

Hello Folks,

Just some pics of 2 small, but nice PCKs that I have going in my current grow. Vegged about 3 weeks and put in flower about 2 weeks ago. Will use 1 of these to make some F2s using pollen from a nice PCK grown last year. Also plan to make a cross with a Cherry Bomb that I have pollen collected and ready. 1 of these PCK girls turned out with a 'forked' main stem. This may be more common than I realize, but it's the first for me.

The smoke from my PCK last year definetly improved the longer it cured. I wasn't that impressed at first but I'm glad I kept it. After a few extra weeks, it increased in potency and delivered a long lasting happy effect without the slightest hint of anxiety. I certainly will include this strain or a cross every chance going forward.

Keif

Funny you should mention the forked pheno, I have one now expressing that as well. I have grown maybe 70 plants so far of this cultivar and this is the first I noted the forked Apical Meristem. Nice write up, plants and picks Keif.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Hello Folks,

View Image

View Image

View Image

Keif

Those forked one gave me always male hermies....

Latest posts

Latest posts