What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pakistan Chitral Kush

G

PCK update

PCK update

Really having a blast with this plant so far. Having grown only hybrid strains in the past, its fun to be working with a plant that looks so different from anything grown before. The size and color of the fan leaves on this girl are just unbelievable. Already has some frost showing up on the small bud leaves after just 22 days flowering! Never remember seeing this on any plants before at this stage of flower.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Plant is at 20 inches and was standing 16 in at start of flower. I would think the stretch period is almost over at this point. Fan leaves look like they have been waxed but have a sandpaper surface. Haven't added any nutes to this plants, just pro-mix and homemade compost.

G

Another thing this PCK girl has that I have never had before in my previous grows is shown below

picture.php

Fan leaves have dropped and curled around the base as if it's try to protect the flowers that I dusted a few days ago. I guess this is normal? Just looks kinda odd.

picture.php

showing dropleaf skirt

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm glad you hopped in on the thread keif.

I am stoked on this pck-

The bangi looks pretty nice too and it does have a little pck in it.

Bangi
HPIM0646.jpg

Last edited:
G

I'm glad you hopped in on the thread keif.

I am stoked on this pck-

The bangi looks pretty nice too and it does have a little pck in it.

Bangi
View Image

Rhash, that looks like about 6ft of pretty nice! Glad to be a part of this thread. Can't wait to see these trees in a few weeks. Gonna be a great show.

Sure wish my luck had been better with the germ/sprout part of this grow. All 6 popped with nice healthy tails, but 4 never broke dirt. I use a very mild seedling mix that has served me well, but the PCK didn't seem to like it. I've used the same soil mix, sprout procedure for years with almost 100% success. I'll try something different next time.

you got it goin on bro, keep it up,

KS

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My little PCK F2 about 18" i topped about a week ago its very slow to branch out should get alot of color both parents had tons of pink/reds/purple
picture.php

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're killing it

You're killing it

My little PCK F2 about 18" i topped about a week ago its very slow to branch out should get alot of color both parents had tons of pink/reds/purple
View Image

I have two that look like they're going to be the more green phenotype and one that is already getting purple on the main stalk. I hope I get the strawberry/blackberry flavored pheno!

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have some f2's i made with a dark purple pheno i call (royal pheno) smell like berries of some sorts but potency was average on mine, i only made about 10 seeds but hope to go through them & find it again to make a buttload more for breeding. Most of my phenos were mostly reds/pinks i only got 2 green phenos & my color phenos were more potent especially my (rainbow) pheno.I'll post some old pics later my seeds that were burgandy or dark purple almost black were the plants that had tons of color. I wish you the best of luck finding a keeper imo it shouldnt be hard to find a color pheno.

G

Great job Icon, hope my plant turns out even half as nice as yours look. What's a normal flowering time for this strain? This is my first try with PCK. What was your veg time and did it seem to veg slow in you experience?

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did these a few years back so im trying to remember i only vegged these for i think 4 weeks & they were about 14 inches when finished they grew fairly slow & doubled in size during flowering I believe i took them at 9 weeks flower, I personaly go by hairs turning orange & curling to determine when i harvest my preferance is 95% +

when i grew them i just wanted to do a quick grow & pollen chuck using the most colored parents & see what i was working with before i start useing them in breeding projects.now i know all my f2's will be colors of the rainbow.

Ranger

did a PCK run a few years back and they turned out nice, two phenos were almost entirely maroon in color and 4 were green with purple tints ere and there. they ran about 8-9 weeks, had one that was a high CBD pheno and the only trouble i ran into was mold issues during drying. only two of the phenos seemed to have the mold issue.

smoke was very nice and on the high CBD pheno you could smoke 3 bowls and not get too buzzed but felt absolutely no pain, it was nice.

S

scai

Vouw, nice grows.
Icon I liked the dark leafed pheno.
Realhash has some amazing bushes ;)

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Two PCK Time Lapse
6/26/2014
HPIM0545.jpg

7/26/2014
HPIM0636.jpg

8/12/2014
HPIM0674.jpg

:kos: I can't wait to see these flowers!

Last edited: