What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-RASTAFARI-

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
"These biblical texts are only a few of the many used by the cultists in defense of their rituals."
Very Small minded & negative post friend. In a way, all people who gather in support of any belief system or religion could be viewed as crazy cultists. In My opinion each to their own and above all peace.

IMVHO the post shows more that the ppl that say they believe in the Bible and use that to stop cannabis are hypocrits and only read what they want to read and not actually what is in the Bible. If they want to fight with ppl by using religion then IMVHO they lose. peace out Headband707:tiphat:

C

CANNATOPIA

IMVHO the post shows more that the ppl that say they believe in the Bible and use that to stop cannabis are hypocrits and only read what they want to read and not actually what is in the Bible. If they want to fight with ppl by using religion then IMVHO they lose. peace out Headband707:tiphat:
I never disrespected the positive in the post only the negative & On this topic, I agree.:wave:

I thought that might be the case. Well then Sir, my apologies to you & the dude who wrote it is an ass. lol:tiphat:

Yeah, I saw that part too and was thinking ov editing it out... probably should've. He is an arse lol. PEACE

also agree with the 707band. those who ible thump to trod pon di ganja should go back and read it again.

there is patois, and then there is rasta talk... fisimi?

there is patois, and then there is rasta talk... fisimi?

I replaces "me", which is much more commonly used in Jamaican English than in the more conventional forms. Me is felt to turn the person into an object whereas I emphasises the subjectivity of an individual.
I and I is a complex term, referring to the oneness of Jah (God or JC) and every human. Rastafarian scholar E. E. Cashmore: "I and I is an expression to totalize the concept of oneness, the oneness of two persons. So God is within all of us and we're one people in fact. I and I means that God is in all men. The bond of Ras Tafari is the bond of God, of man. But man itself needs a head and the head of man is His Imperial Majesty Hailey Selassie I (always pronounced as the letter "I," never as the number one or "the first") of Ethiopia." The term is often used in place of "you and I" or "we" among Rastafarians, implying that both persons are united under the love of Jah.

I-tal is spiritually blessed food that has not touched modern chemicals and is served without preservatives, condiments or salts. Alcohol, coffee, milk, and flavoured beverages are generally viewed as not I-tal. Most Rastas follow the I-tal proscriptions generally, and some are vegetarians. Even meat-eating Rastas abstain from eating pork, as pigs are scavengers of the dead, as are crabs, lobsters, and shrimp, though other kinds of seafood are a Rastafarian staple.

I man is the inner man within each Rastafari believer.

Irie refers to positive emotions or feelings, or anything that is good. Specifically it refers to high emotions and peaceful vibrations.

Ites derived from English "heights", means "joy" and also the colour "red". It can also be short for "Israelites".
Itesquake replaces "earthquake".

Irator replaces "creator", and Iration replaces "creation".

Idren or Bredren and Sistren refer to the oneness of Rastafarians and are used to describe one's peers (male - "bredren", female - "sistren").

Itinually replaces continually. It has the everlasting/everliving sense of I existing continuously.

Inity replaces "unity", demonstrating a general pattern of replacing "you" and similar sounds with "I".

Iya (higher): Rastafari vocabulary is full of references to the "iya man", "stepping higher and higher", etc., meaning either a reference to using cannabis, or the high aspirations, path etc. followed by the Rastafari. Iya is also used to refer to a friend. As in "Yes Iya", or "Cool Iya".

Iyaric is the self-applied term for Rastafarian language. It is formed by a combination of Iya (higher) and
Amharic, the language spoken by Haile Selassie I.

Iwa replaces "time". "Inna this ya iwa."

Ganja refers to cannabis, which is used spiritually by rastas.

Dreadlocks describes the locks they wear, now universally called dreadlocks in English. The word is related to the fear of the Lord, as well as the fear locksmen inspired in the early stages of the movement. To Rastas, dreadlocks are a deeply spiritual part of who they are. They site the Bible verse, "And she made a vow, saying, "O LORD Almighty, if you will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head." Samuel 1 1:11. Dreadlocks are formed by simply not combing your hair. Rastas see this as the most natural way to grow your hair as well as a symbol of defiance.

Babylon is an important Rastafarian term, referring to human government and institutions that are seen as in rebellion against the rule of JAH (Zion), beginning with the Tower of Babel. It is further used by some to mean specifically the 'polytricksters' who have been oppressing the black race for centuries through economic and physical slavery. Rastafari is defiance of Babylon, sometimes also called Rome — in part because of the 1935 Italian invasion of Ethiopia, then ruled by Rastafari's 'Living God,' Haile Selassie I, and partly because as the head of the Roman Catholic church the Pope is considered an opponent of Selassie I and Rastafari. Babylon the Great and Whore of Babylon are apocalyptic terms from the book of Revelation that may have been used to describe the pagan Roman Empire, which often persecuted Christianity. Babylon is also sometimes used by some Rastas with the more specific meaning of "police", insofar as they are seen as executive agents of Babylon's will.

Politricks is a Rasta term replacing English "politics", because so many politicians, etc. turn out, they say, to be more like tricksters. Politrickster n.

Everliving replaces "everlasting", particularly in the context of Life Everliving. The "last" in "everlasting" implies an end (as in the term "at last"), while the life the Rastas have will never end according to them, they being immortalists. Often used in the phrase "...I an I is Everliving, Everfaithful, Eversure. Ras Tafari." Variation: Iverliving.

H.I.M. (His Imperial Majesty), pronounced 'him', and referring to Haile Selassie I.

Downpression replaces "oppression", because oppression holds man down instead of keeping him up (pronounced op in Jamaican patois.) Similarly "downgression" = "violence" (from aggression). Downpressor n. /see Peter Tosh song "Downpressor Man" aka "Sinner Man".

Livication replaces "dedication", to rid itself of a connotation of death. adj. Livicated. v. Livicate.

Outvention replaces "invention", because mechanical devices are seen as outdated, and because it is the inner experience of being a Rastafarian that is invention.

Overstanding (also "innerstanding") replaces "understanding", referring to enlightenment that raises one's consciousness.

Aprecilove replaces "appreciate" because of the sound similarity to "hate".

Armagideon is a Rasta theological concept meaning the general state the entire world is in now, and has been getting progressively deeper in since 1930, and especially since 1974. This is a slight mutation of "Armageddon", a name appearing in Revelation. Also the name of a song written by the reggae legend Neville Livingston, aka Bunny Wailer.

Zion refers to either Ethiopia or the whole continent of Africa, after the Day of Judgment, as well as a state of mind one can enter through Rastafari. Zion = Heaven.

Know replaces "believe", as Bob Marley sang. Rastafarians do not believe Haile Selassie is God and that they the Rastas are the chosen people. They claim to know these things, and would never admit to believing them. Knowing is one step higher above beLIEving.

Whore of Babylon is the Revelation character sometimes considered to be Queen Elizabeth II, who is still the Head of State of Jamaica; and/or the papacy.

Ioni Botani

"Moses discovered the angel of the Lord in flames of fire from within a bush."
this-was a DMT ispired vision-the acacia bush contains DMTand was growing in that very spot-the lebanon Kaneh however-dead on!

+++++++++++++++++++ RRRREEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

NOBODY knows about the Burning Bush....

Fucking Acacia.

Actually.....

Fucking DMT.

Crazy ass shit.

EVERYONE SHOULD TRY IT ONCE IN LIFE.

If you have to have a religion and believe in some form of god, Rasta makes as much sense as any of the others out there... I have mad respect for the modern prophet, Bob. What other "rock star" would give up the type of popularity, fame, and money Bob did for his beliefs? Not to say he wasn't popular worldwide, famous, and rich, but he could have been much much more if he had compromised his beliefs, toned down the rhetoric and pandered to the white man...

Mad love.

Ioni Botani

Junior Byles - Fade Away

Lyrics:

He who seeks of only vanity
And no love for humanity
Shall fade away, fade away.

He who checks for only wealth
And not for his physical health
Shall fade away, fade away.

Though some believe in diamonds and pearl
And feel like they're on top of the world,
They shall fade away, hear what I say.

The rich is getting richer every day,
And the little that the poor man got it shall be
taken away.
Do you hear what I say? Yeah, hear what I say.

The man who worships silver and gold
Shall surely, surely, surely lose his own soul,
Then fade away.

The one who's always acting smart
And don't carry no love in his heart
Shall fade away.

God is here and there and everywhere
And he knows when you play the game unfair,
So people beware, or else you fade away!
Hey! Beware, or dare you fade away.
You've gotta fade, gotta fade, gotta fade now.

The rich is getting richer every day,
And the little that the poor man got it shall be
taken away.
Do you hear what I say, hey? Hear what I say.

The one who's always acting smart
And forgetting to carry love in his heart
Shall fade away.

God is here and there and everywhere
And his eyes, his eyes are watching you,
You're gonna fade away, yeah, yeah,
You're goin' to fade, fade, fade, fade away...
Fade away... Yeah, yeah... !

The Splff:
Spliffs are large, and meant to be smoked alone. You get to make out with the spliff because it doesn't get passed.

The Chillum:
Preferably made of stone, but also can be made of wood. This is a cone shaped pipe, about four inches long, and hollow. The GRITI is a piece of stone that fits inside the chillum to act as a screen, but it actually takes up the bottom inch plus of the chillum. The chillum holds at least a gram and may have hash mixed in. Rasta use a "clat" to cover the mouth piece. Then use the chillum grip. You never put your mouth on the chillum... or the chalice for that matter.

The Chalice.
Diagram of the chalice. Coconut vessel, bambu straw and kutchie (down stem).
picture.php

Eithiopian Chalice. Clay vessel and clay kutchie.
picture.php

Then the chalice was adopted by rastas and hippy glass blowers in the appalachian mountains. After a decade of design experiments... This particular chalice design is one of many options.
picture.php

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
If you have to have a religion and believe in some form of god, Rasta makes as much sense as any of the others out there... I have mad respect for the modern prophet, Bob. What other "rock star" would give up the type of popularity, fame, and money Bob did for his beliefs? Not to say he wasn't popular worldwide, famous, and rich, but he could have been much much more if he had compromised his beliefs, toned down the rhetoric and pandered to the white man...

Mad love.

Personally I loved Bob Marley's rhetoric and thank God for ppl that don't follow the sheep to the slaughter lol..
Kinda like ppl that want Wikileaks not to talk.. The truth shall set you free!!! Who the fuck wants to pander to the WHITE MAN LOL.. Got to love Bob's kids as their music is sick.. peace out Headband707:dance013:

InJoy

Yes mi Lion :rasta:

Ioni got dem Riddems gotta Luv Mr Murvin and the Wise Words by Mr. Byles :rasta:

Had ta roll mi some a da Fine Headeez TW BX1 ta Ride dat Train like mi konw how :rasta:

I watched Rockers for the first time a couple years ago recommended by somebody on this site i'm thinkin it might have been you Ioni... Nice 1

Hey Thomkal Vwalaa that Chalice tutorial is a good laugh :rasta:

How bout Minimal...

Don't like label'n life n art but Minimal is one of the modern music colours we have in the spectrum, and i think she lay rite next ta Dub.

The influence is undeniable.

Axel Boman - Arcimboldo (Sasse Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JZ8AyetUbY

if you like that i have plenty more :rasta:

InJoy

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
"Empress" Gentleman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSfxRYd1Gj0&feature=related

Jah Jah Crown - Alborosie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSw69xukkM

"Pressure" Jamelody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V864T_akrkE

"Be Prepared" Jamelody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GINcoexK71Q

"Poor Mans Cry" Anthony B & Jah cure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTVnATHMSAs

If you only listen to one on this list make it this one ^. If you're inpatient fast forward to 1:30

"Born in de System" Million Stylez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIQVc6r1Q7M