What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sea of green in coco

bigtay54

Hello all grower and friends looking to do a sea of green in coco and would like to know what size pot would give me at least a oz a plant. Thank in advance

beta

Veteran
Hello all grower and friends looking to do a sea of green in coco and would like to know what size pot would give me at least a oz a plant. Thank in advance

I've pulled 4 oz from a single gallon of coco, fwiw. A keg cup should be more than enough to get an ounce if your grow is dialed.

gr866

Veteran

How big an area you plan on working with, lights and watering source (hand or auto drip)?
I tend to agree that one gallon smart pots/cloth pots and coco will grow a hell of plant. Hope you plan on clones of a single strain, as that would be ultimate.

bigtay54

How big an area you plan on working with, lights and watering source (hand or auto drip)?
I tend to agree that one gallon smart pots/cloth pots and coco will grow a hell of plant. Hope you plan on clones of a single strain, as that would be ultimate.

It's a 5x5 area and hand watering and white widow clone 1000w hps

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
I would highly suggest running an automatic system drain to waste. It will make your life a lot easier, and I personally think you will have better results come harvest time.

aod

beta

Veteran
I would highly suggest running an automatic system drain to waste. It will make your life a lot easier, and I personally think you will have better results come harvest time.

aod

Agreed. imo people shouldn't bother with coco unless they're using a drip system, you don't really unlock the potential of coco without multiple waterings per day on a schedule.

AOD2012

Veteran
^really the only way to go. I haven't had an actual grow for a few years, but DTW cocoa was one of my most productive systems. I was doing a vert stadium with (3) 600s and did really well with it.

aod

bigtay54

^really the only way to go. I haven't had an actual grow for a few years, but DTW cocoa was one of my most productive systems. I was doing a vert stadium with (3) 600s and did really well with it.

aod

Thats what i'm going to do but still dont know what size pot to go with what you suggest bro still a newb to coco

Buddler

Veteran
Buy a 4x4 flood table put a screen over the drian fil wit coco do beds set up on a big tote for runoff and like mentioned above get stakes and drippers set up.and the SOG or Treliss

AOD2012

Veteran
Thats what i'm going to do but still dont know what size pot to go with what you suggest bro still a newb to coco

Hey man, I used 1/2 gallon grow bags. Probably a little bigger than needed, but I liked having the security of having some extra coco god forbid a pump died or something and they didn’t get watered for a couple days.

aod

gr866

Veteran
Agreed. imo people shouldn't bother with coco unless they're using a drip system, you don't really unlock the potential of coco without multiple waterings per day on a schedule.

Agreed, I am at 5 per light cycle in flower.

jocat

try this

try this

I run 4 by 8 trays with 28 2 Gal. white/black plastic grow bags pr. tray maverick 12 head manifolds deliver timed feedings, 1 pr day for the 1st week, 2 pr day until there ready for 3, I collect rainwater for nutrients & flushing, fill, mix & feed from connected 55gal barrels filter at both pump and manifold, veg is 10-14 days flower 2 months or longer, average 4 lbs pr tray, 2 1000 w HPS or Spyders pr tray, with CO2 yields increase. sea of green & coco are excellent together, good luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts