What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Rain here too, not the best. I've still got another four to take down outside. It's been going pretty quickly though, as I'm only taking off the fans and hanging them. I'm pretty glad to not be fine trimming these. If the yields are good, I might just run OD for hash only from now on. The bud size is almost perfect. I have plenty of flower anyway. It'll be cool to have single pheno hash, most of the time I blend it with similarly terped strains.
That's some beautiful looking hash you've got there Unc! Do you generally use all of the micron sizes? I think I might have to for the first pull of each plant to find the sweet spot, but I have mostly been collecting everything from 120-45u between the 220+160 and 45 bags. Sometimes I leave the 25 under the 45 for the first pull to see if anything results, but it's usually minimal or substandard and not worth the 20 min. drain time. I saw a dude on YT that hooked his shop vac up to his 5 gal. bucket and pulled the water through in seconds. I might have to give that a try, saving multiple 25u runs in another bucket and doing it all at once in the end after a few water washes. Also, do you do one long agitation cycle, or multiple runs? It seems like all could be accomplished in one, but I didn't want to beat up the mat'l and introduce impurities. I usually do about 5 cycles in ascending 5 min increments from 1-20 min. After that they definitely get a bit green though.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
IMG_20221009_103624.jpg Bucket o' hash fodder. Turns out plant like sunlight. Huh, whoda thunk it?! Smells great though, Flashfire F :)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...the hash is all from the 73au bag,i don't bother with the rest really...
raining again/still,no big plans for the day except for probably some errands and a quick ride depending on the weather...looks like back to sunny weather next week...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:some desert...looks like the rain has stopped for a bit,best get moving and get something done today,so off to the grow store to grab some nutes and get some medium delivered...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:smoke: got all the dirty pipes and bongs on the kitchen counter dealt with...either clean or in the soak,and the ones in the soak rinsed clean...they were out of medium at the grow shop which sucks since i need something for rooted cuttings soon...i'm all out at home...so gonna need to grab something for them...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...off to run errands in a bit,looks like the rain has finally ended,so back to riding again tomorrow,garden chores today after running around and getting stuff...should probably make some sort of list thingy...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:cool: so i was looking into what it would take to add a 12 speed setup to this bike,which of course would need to be matchy matchy...short answer like a half pound...:smokeit:
oilslick sram xo-1 cassette,xd driver hub for i9 hydra,shifter and derailleur plus custom kogel bearing colloso cage upgrade and another oilslick chain and a shifter cable...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...heading out for a ride in a bit,finally a nice day after about a week of rainy days...hoping to get a couple of big rides in this week...even if it involves the alarm clock! got to admit i have not been missing the 5am wake up 5 days a week...i do kinda miss the riding part,just not the same bloody route over and over...that said at least it was sort of nice seeing the wildflowers and such changing over time...
harvesting 3 plants soon...and should have the new all mesh bubble bags this week,got enough trim for one run to empty the freezer before i start adding fresh trim again...and the next round of harvest is looking good so far,halfway done and stacking hard...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Afternoon fellas! Beautiful weather out there today, it must've hit 70 and not a cloud in the sky. I've got three plants left to take down, but nowhere to hang them, I need at least another 3-4 days before I'll have the space. Then hash run after hash run. I might even experiment with some solventless short path vacuum distillation:)
Those are some phenomenal looking plants, Unc! Not sure if I missed it, but are you not working at the large commercial grow anymore?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Afternoon fellas! Beautiful weather out there today, it must've hit 70 and not a cloud in the sky. I've got three plants left to take down, but nowhere to hang them, I need at least another 3-4 days before I'll have the space. Then hash run after hash run. I might even experiment with some solventless short path vacuum distillation:)
Those are some phenomenal looking plants, Unc! Not sure if I missed it, but are you not working at the large commercial grow anymore?
on sabbatical right now until we renegotiate my contract so i work less

Akss

Second afternoon in the tree for me only one sighting small buck.. driving home turned onto my road about 100 yards from my house one small doe runs into the side of my truck was a soft hit it was not hurt. Had a couple DVDs I ordered off eBay show up opened em up im like hmm that smells awful perfumey idk why but they had put some dryer sheets In there.. was hoping for some drugs inside but no such luck ..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...garden chores today,might need to go to the grow shop and grab a bag of something like light warrior to tide me over until the get a shipment of the medium i usually use...have to check the rooting cuttings and see if they are rooted...otherwise another nice day for a bike ride...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...overslept...forgot to set an alarm last night so just going for a ride rather than a big ride...another good day for it,too bad about being a lazy old cuss...maybe a quick jaunt to the trails for a lap,or a refreshing ride up some big ass hill...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:cautious: it's a wonder the shipping companies can stay in business...got one package shipped from 240 miles away which for some reason is in arkansas....so an extra 2000 miles traveled...and the set of all mesh bubble bags are taking over a week to get here from 400 miles away...meanwhile another package is taking a day to get here...