What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~100mg BHO gummy bear recipe

JointOperation

also need to account that.. if your bho.. is 50% thc.. then your dose that u can say is 50mg of bho.. not thc.. so just make sure before you go around telling people 100mg.. its not 50mg of thc.. as some will get too fucked up or not fucked up enough .

BigJohnny

also need to account that.. if your bho.. is 50% thc.. then your dose that u can say is 50mg of bho.. not thc.. so just make sure before you go around telling people 100mg.. its not 50mg of thc.. as some will get too fucked up or not fucked up enough .

Ya i know, but we aren't able to have these tested so I can really only come close mathematically.

I do find it a little outlandish that BHO would only contain such a low amount of THC though. I thought 80% was "typical" .

Here's what I do know, when I make these one market complains they are far far far too strong. Another market complains that they don't do shit and need to be way stronger.

There have been times when people (me included) have eaten one and gotten completely stoned, then eaten another from the same batch like 2 days later and felt nothing.

I have no explanation for that as of yet, I throughly mix them, and use two emulsifiers both of which increase bio-availability, so there's no way that one candy didn't get any oil and another got way more.

BigJohnny

Im hoping to make some of these today. I think I will try using fruit juice or puree as the liquid.

Fruit juice is a good idea, the only reason I don't use it is because I can't find juices in the flavors I make.

Puree might be problematic, if you don't have enough water/liquid the gelatin won't bloom properly and it won't melt right either.

I'd be interested to see the results but I don't think it would work very well.

Kool aid powder would be the best thing to use but they no longer make it :(

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was able to find black cherry juice and used black cherry jello in my first batch. I used lorannn cherry concentrate also.
I am really happy with these chewy cherry buggers!
The lower temps compared to making hard candy are a definite bonus.
I decided against the puree for the gummies.
I will be making infused fruit leather in the future instead.:biggrin:

BigJohnny

I was able to find black cherry juice and used black cherry jello in my first batch. I used lorannn cherry concentrate also.
I am really happy with these chewy cherry buggers!
The lower temps compared to making hard candy are a definite bonus.
I decided against the puree for the gummies.
I will be making infused fruit leather in the future instead.:biggrin:

You have to share the fruit leather recipe with me :)

High temps with hard candies is a pain, my first go I melted my spatula, then found out I had to buy a high temp spatula lol. Thank god I didn't infuse those ones.

The benefit is that the high temps mean you don't need to pre-decarb your oil.You could just drop in your desired amount of BHO and adjust your times to allow it to decarb..... 7 mins @ 293F produces the highest THC/best heady effect.

Muffin Man

Great post! I joined just to say thank you! I'm getting my supplies this week and should have some by wednesday. Wish me luck!

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I havent seen anyone mention whether the gummies freeze well.
I can personally confirm that mine are storing very well so far in the freezer at least for shorter term storage. I'll report back later if any gummies last more than a cpl months.:biggrin:

I havent tried making the fruit roll ups yet as I need to go through all these gummies first! I like the idea of making a tasty hash snack with less sugar.
There are a few options to infuse the oil. Some recipes call for cooking the fruit mix on the stove prior to dehydration, this is the method I will likely follow.
Here is a method I may follow:
http://www.diynatural.com/how-to-make-fruit-leathers/
It could be easier than that though.
With the fruit roll ups, most recipes call for a 115 F deyhydration.
A person could bring the pureed fruit mix up to 115 and infuse emulsified oil at the same temp and mix it in well with a bit of glycerine. Then the food dehydrator will do the rest.

I'll report on my results once I make some.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
i love this recipe

i love this recipe

made lots of batchs to get my tech right , using non-sweetened apple juice instead of H20 , is great ,.... love these passed eem out to friend and been helping lots of older people with back isssues, made with a ddouble dose of Insert Image(s)GG4/RS shatter , I take 2 see the devil :biggrin:

TS

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
Put some criso on a paper towel smear all areas of the mold ,a light coating is all that is nessary ,the sift with flower ,awsme mold release

jewcebox

made a few with this recipe also!

thanks a bunch man, perfect instructions to get started!

im gonna change up the recipe a wee bit to make it a bit more flavorful.

like i read someone saying unsweetend apple juice rather then water.

with a green apple lorann flavoring and that and some citric acid to sour it up, should be yummy

BigJohnny

made a few with this recipe also!

thanks a bunch man, perfect instructions to get started!

im gonna change up the recipe a wee bit to make it a bit more flavorful.

like i read someone saying unsweetend apple juice rather then water.

with a green apple lorann flavoring and that and some citric acid to sour it up, should be yummy

use 1tbsp citric acid, and 1tbsp ascorbic acid for one hell of a sour apple gummy.

You shouldn't need apple juice but it could enhance the flavor. I've recently been using a full bottle of the lorann oils to finish using them up because I bought some giant 500ml bottles of flavoring lol.

using a full 3.7ml bottle produces a really good masking flavor for the BHO, but not enough that you wouldn't know it's there.
I do this because if anyone here tries them they complain that they're just plain candies unless they taste something. then they eat a bunch and I don't hear from them for a few days lmao.

Awesome thread Big J! Curious...have you tried winterized BHO in your recipe? Seems like winterization takes out most of the terps/flavors and might make for a better tasting gummy?

BigJohnny

Awesome thread Big J! Curious...have you tried winterized BHO in your recipe? Seems like winterization takes out most of the terps/flavors and might make for a better tasting gummy?
I haven't, but that's because IME once you decarb the oil it tastes the same whether it's top shelf kush, or poop soup.

once you pop it into your mouth oil tastes like oil, but maybe that's just me. I have noticed mild flavor differences but nothing that would make me want to waste time effort or product winterizing it.

Latest posts

Latest posts