What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peakseed Blueberry

browntrout

Veteran
Has anyone grown this? i've grown his Texada Timewarp x Sweet Skunk, Northern Lights, SkunkBerry and Sweet Skunk but not his blueberry. I am very interested in seeing it's performance outdoors, I plan on buying a couple packs and open pollenating. It's a mix oF SAG's, DJ's and Dutch passions blueberry, so how does one go wrong?

If anyone has experience with this strain please post here.

Browntrout out,

I haven't grown his Blueberry, but I have seen a few of people that say he is great at what he does and have never read a negative report on his seeds. How did you like his other strains if you don't mind going off topic a little bit.

WelderDan

Veteran
Did the BB and the Northern Berry as one of my first hydro attempts after a couple bagseed runs. The BB was good. I found a keeper pheno in a single 10 pack. Tasted of Blueberry muffins. Typical BB sensitivity (run half strength nutes). Excellent herb for the price. The Northern Berry grows big with HUGE fan leaves. Musky/Berry. Good yield, great stone. Both cloned well. The NB was not nute sensitive like the BB.

I was a dumb ass and let the mom die.

It's well worth the price and I'd recommend it.

Thanks for answering. I didn't want to get off the subject, but I'd like to try his Sweet Skunk someday and he's not the most popular breeder out there even though he does a good job apparently, so it's nice to get opinions of his gear when possible. And the BB muffin keeper sounds great, but I'm not sure how it would do outdoors in my climate, which is humid and tropical. Thanks again for the info. I hope you find the info you were originally looking for.

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
I bought the SKUNK BERRY, BLUBERRY and NOTHERN LIGHTS was gifted to me because they were having mailing issues at the time.

stuff grew out great, all except for the BB, did the research on BB and didn't know it was tempermental like that, so I decided not to deal with it. the one thing I didn't know about living in NJ is that there are constant power outages especially during storm weather/season

outside of power outages, lights going off, plants hermiing on me (not the plants/genetics fault at all) I would say that the genetics are pretty strong, I would definitely order from them again.

have to apologize to them though, the plants turned to shit and I blamed it on them, man enough to admit it though and like the sig says its under much needed construction/repair so yeah the next go around should be better this time.

gonna try the SKUNKBERRY and the NORTHERN BERRY this time around, besides some MED MAN genetics, im digging his gear and for the price I think it cant be beat. only way to know is to try right?

browntrout

Veteran
Thanks welderdan, very helpful. Lightweight, I do outdoors and can tell you that they are all very vigorous plants especially the SS, SB and SS x TT, All are pretty potent and covered in large glands. They're somewhat late and lacking in smell, I can see how they would be very flavourful indoors though. They are after all bred indoors. I smoked a SS leaning Texada Skunk and felt the most euphoric and rushy high I've ever had, a rocket ride for sure. The SS wasn't grown in the same conditions so I believe I never got a fair take of the pure SS.

V

vonforne

The Skunkberry is a pounder outdoors. They are in the battersbox for an indoor run and getting ready for the outdoor season. I have a friend who has ran this one for years and it is his favorite outdoor. Big plants and big yield.

V

S

Scooby-doo

I ran his blueberry. Sorry to say I was a bit disappointed. Rather bland in taste. I only ran 12 seeds though. Maybe I just wasn't lucky enough to find the keeper pheno. For the price though I'd say it's worth grabbing a few packs and play the numbers game. I contacted Peakseeds about finding a good pheno and he suggested popping 30 beans to find it. Good luck.

Cool Moe

Veteran
I always wanted to try Peak's Blueberry. Skunkberry a few years back showed some wild purple/blue both in the stems and finish colors. My skills didn't do it justice but I had a huge green giant lookin silver haze male and made skunkberry x sshf2 so this year we'll see what's up with skunkberry silver haze.

browntrout

Veteran
Good Info guys, his SS and SB are both big plants, everything about them is just bigger for some reason it's like andre the giant weed. I Have 4 SB x mix started right now 2 are SB like and big the other two are smaller and normal looking. One of the big ones is slightly mutated with purple stems much like the mother.

Cool Moe that sounds sweet, look at my skunkberry grow... will remind you of yours..

Anyways more on the BB!!
It doesn't always turn out right in certain setups, scooby-doo was your BB grown indoors or out?

S

Scooby-doo

Indoors in coco with bare bulb vertical. I've seen some real nice phenos online just didn't find any with the ones I popped.

ufoman

Just popping my head in for a second if I may... I've been growing Peaks varieties for years. The Blueberry is finicky and it really to be cured slowly and carefully in order to bring out the best qualities taste and smell-wise. I dry them down to about 25% humidity then I put the buds up in jars opening them up to breath every once in awhile. Takes 10/15 days for the moisture to spread evenly in the buds and for all those sweet cannabinoids to ripen to perfection. If you cure it right, Blueberry is one of the best tasting stains out there.

I'm about to run Peaks Blueberry along with some of the new Kushberry and Skunk-kush. I'll post up a report for you guys on the new kush varieties. I'm psyched to try them!

UFOman

Peak was the first commercial seeds i ever bought. i had a blast growing them out his northern berry was bomb,way more so than the blueberry, i would go with the bb crosses he has either northernberry or skunkberry. good luck

Thanks for answering. I didn't want to get off the subject, but I'd like to try his Sweet Skunk someday and he's not the most popular breeder out there even though he does a good job apparently, so it's nice to get opinions of his gear when possible. And the BB muffin keeper sounds great, but I'm not sure how it would do outdoors in my climate, which is humid and tropical. Thanks again for the info. I hope you find the info you were originally looking for.

His Sweet Skunk is one of my favorite strains. The right pheno will cross your eyes, no shit.

Plus, MJ is one of the most standup guys I've ever dealt with. If you encounter any problems, he will go out of his way to make it right.

Peak's Blueberry can be a bit finicky, but I've always had good results. They seem to be way more thirsty that other strains in my experience too. I've never experienced any germination issues either with any of his strains.

His gear is well worth the price.

Z

Ziggaro

I did their northern berry as my 1st grow and through all the abuse they came out great. One had this amazing blueberry/coffee taste that I still miss.
I always wanted to go back and order Peak's Blueberry. I just hate getting money orders.

harry74

Veteran
Good morning:

I let a pic of Peak Seeds BC Blueberry grown indoors organic.
Great Price/quality value. The only but is the lack of taste, aroma wich is quite flat but I think this BB line has potential.
Sorry about the quality of the pic:)

browntrout

Veteran

how did it turn out outdoors? both look good.
I've grown a lot of his strains and they seem to all have a flat/smell taste but with great high/yield. So many others have gotten good smells and tastes but for me it didn't happen. I thin k they are very temperamental to climate. Just got 3 packs of BB to find an outdoor keeper.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
I really more would chime in on there nl ,I have read many good things on there nl including low oder,for steath grows ,and solid gear they chose from