What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EWC tea how do i make

grapeman

Veteran
i read that thread,what im asking here is concerning the tew making witch i didnt get there in detail and nobody said that i have to use organic ferts if i wana use ewc tea

You didn't read the thread because if you did, they talk about how to make the EWC tea. I also told you to use the search function to search "EWC Tea" or "ACT Tea". You obviously haven't done that because there are whole threads on how to make EwC Tea and how to kill the slime with "Physan 20". You will learn how much air you need, how much water to add, how much earthworm castings to add and how (sock or just toss in the bucket) how much molasses to add and more info then you can comprehend, since you don't know how to read anyway. Use tea immediately and refrigerate the balance, It's good for 5 to 7 days the experts say. READ THE FUCKING THREADS. WTF DO YOU WANT? Someone to come over to your house and fix your problem?

Fuck man, if you have a problem and you haven't read the thread I already told you about (in full, I know there are like 750 posts) then I hope your plants die a slow death.

Take some responsibility and read and learn. We all had to do that.

C

CT Guy

can i keep a big batch of tea /like 20-40gallons/ bubbling for a longer period of time so i wouldnt have to mix it everytime,if this is possible how do u feed them to keep em alive and ready to use

Short answer is no. You need to brew for 24-36 hours and then apply. Otherwise you'll brew up monocultures over time, unless you have a microscope to make adjustments, adding foods and additional compost.

opt1c

Veteran
i've also found that letting the tea sit for 30mins after bubbling and then just dipping what i need off the top to be easier than straining; i'll often make smaller batches... i use about 5ml of a carb loading product(floranectar, carbo load, etc) per gal of ro water; one full cup or a half cup of worm casings depending on the size of the batch; i use a big 65L/min coralife pump hooked up to a manifold with 4 six inch airstones; lotsa air... bubble longer if it is cold; you can do 18 hours if it is in the mid 80s in the room you are brewing the tea in

tea is best used fresh; easy and cheap to make so you really have no excuse.. my flowers outside love whatever extra i have as well

elito

You didn't read the thread because if you did, they talk about how to make the EWC tea. I also told you to use the search function to search "EWC Tea" or "ACT Tea". You obviously haven't done that because there are whole threads on how to make EwC Tea and how to kill the slime with "Physan 20". You will learn how much air you need, how much water to add, how much earthworm castings to add and how (sock or just toss in the bucket) how much molasses to add and more info then you can comprehend, since you don't know how to read anyway. Use tea immediately and refrigerate the balance, It's good for 5 to 7 days the experts say. READ THE FUCKING THREADS. WTF DO YOU WANT? Someone to come over to your house and fix your problem?

Fuck man, if you have a problem and you haven't read the thread I already told you about (in full, I know there are like 750 posts) then I hope your plants die a slow death.

Take some responsibility and read and learn. We all had to do that.

dont bitch so much if u dont want to answer my Q just dont its easyer than typing so much bullshit,i read the thread and theres really not that much about tea brewing in deatil or maybe i misssed it

Short answer is no. You need to brew for 24-36 hours and then apply. Otherwise you'll brew up monocultures over time, unless you have a microscope to make adjustments, adding foods and additional compost.
this is what i was looking for a straight answer,thank u

i've also found that letting the tea sit for 30mins after bubbling and then just dipping what i need off the top to be easier than straining; i'll often make smaller batches... i use about 5ml of a carb loading product(floranectar, carbo load, etc) per gal of ro water; one full cup or a half cup of worm casings depending on the size of the batch; i use a big 65L/min coralife pump hooked up to a manifold with 4 six inch airstones; lotsa air... bubble longer if it is cold; you can do 18 hours if it is in the mid 80s in the room you are brewing the tea in

tea is best used fresh; easy and cheap to make so you really have no excuse.. my flowers outside love whatever extra i have as well

i wanted to make a big barrel so i can keep the tea bubbling and the bb alive and ready to use couse i have large resevoirs and im in alittle over my head,too much work for one man plus these problems with the slime il see in a few days if i got it resolved

elito

you can...but one will cancel out the other...and the chem ferts will kill off any beneficial bacteria that you have going on in the root zone. Is this slime affecting the plant growth any?

solarz

it suffocates the roots tso the plant cant take nutes,goes defficient,doesnt grow,and the roots die and rot,and it spreads fast,ithink i read in the slime thread that once u populate the roots with bb it doesnt affect them,im not sure,i know that they said that once roots are populated u can run a uv light and it wont kill the bacteria there just the ones freely floating in the water,makes sense

elito

you can...but one will cancel out the other...and the chem ferts will kill off any beneficial bacteria that you have going on in the root zone. Is this slime affecting the plant growth any

i mixed up that post,what i wanted to ask is this true what solarz says,is the chem fert gonna kill the bb,whats the point in using tea then

I know its been awhile here. I don't know if microlife will save you from a slime invasion. I would try to kill the shit (Physan, DM Zone, SM-90, peroxide or something like that), improve the conditions that are feeding it (lack of oxygen) and then blast it with microlife. Repeatedly. No you can't keep a bunch of tea around. Just keep making more small batches- and if your really concerned use a microlife culture starter too for diversity. Good luck.

grapeman

Veteran
dont bitch so much if u dont want to answer my Q just dont its easyer than typing so much bullshit,i read the thread and theres really not that much about tea brewing in deatil or maybe i misssed it

this is what i was looking for a straight answer,thank u

i wanted to make a big barrel so i can keep the tea bubbling and the bb alive and ready to use couse i have large resevoirs and im in alittle over my head,too much work for one man plus these problems with the slime il see in a few days if i got it resolved
If you don't think there is any information there then you are a fucking retard.

you can...but one will cancel out the other...and the chem ferts will kill off any beneficial bacteria that you have going on in the root zone. Is this slime affecting the plant growth any

i mixed up that post,what i wanted to ask is this true what solarz says,is the chem fert gonna kill the bb,whats the point in using tea then

Solarz' advice is 100% B.S. The presence of chemical fertilizers will NOT kill off beneficial bacteria. That idea is pure nonsense. In fact, I routinely mix organics and synthetic nutrients. In my hempy buckets I even find earthworms and myco fungus thriving in the root zone. Neither are present in my hydroton ebb & flow buckets, but my 35gal reservoir will foam for days after innoculation and bubbles for the entire 1.5 weeks that I keep it going. (I'm not referring to the aeration that my air stones create.)

My great challenge is controlling pH. Left alone it'll rise to 6.8 or so, and that creates deficiencies. Dropping it down to the 5.8 - 6.0 range requires silly amounts of phosporic acid. This ONLY occurs when I've got organics involved in the hydro mix. So, that stuff is certainly bio-active. There's no question about it whatsoever.

Latest posts

Latest posts