What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pH dropping since 12/12 flip

bobbyjaxx

During veg as plant ate pH always went up. Almost immediately after switch to 12/12 pH started going the other way. Now my ex is staying stable. Water level in res is dropping. And pH is also dropping. Having to add pH up to my res every 24 hours. Dwc growing in hydroton. Jacks 5 12 26 and calnit 15 0 0. Is this normal for pH to swing down after flip? Am I worrying about nothing? Should I just keep adjusting back up? Roots look great. No weird smells or buildup in res. Res temps stay right around 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Could this be related to my root mass totally consuming my airstones and possibly restricting DO to my roots? Thanks

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Sounds normal.
Food is acidic, so as it's used ph will rise.

Dropping is not so common, but happens.

I forget now, but iirc ph drop can be an indication of a change within the plant. I think from grow to bloom, and a good sign when to change feeds. Though most people just do it from day one, or within the first 2 weeks. I used to watch for it in a flood drain, but it's years ago now. No benefit to it that I noticed. It just felt I was doing my best.

Wish I could remember properly. But your grow sounds fine to me.

Latest posts

Latest posts