What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

do bottled water contain some antibacterial chemicals?

doams

how do they process water before bottling?
do they add some chemicals into bottled water so there are no living things shitting in there after some time?

I mean bottled water without co2 bubbles..

I ask because Ive changed brand of bottled water but results with that new brand are fluffy buds that turn to dust upon breaking em and was thinking maybe there is something added into that water that was not in that old brand bottled water..

is that even possible? :D

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Did they have drastically different pH values?

The minerals in there should really be negligible if you're in soil and there shouldn't be anything antibacterial added..

doams

Did they have drastically different pH values?

The minerals in there should really be negligible if you're in soil and there shouldn't be anything antibacterial added..

no they were both in 6.8-7.8 range for both new and old brand of bottled water..
maybe Ive imagined that there is something added that made the buds fluffy and turning into dust /they were dried for a week @20RH I tend to over dry the buds so there is no chance for mold to go and ruin it all/
thx.

troutman

Seed Whore
If your tap water is ok use that with or without extra filtration.

I find bottled water to be a scam.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
The chlorine content in bottled water should be seriously negligible. Most companies use various filtration methods to make sure they dont need to add much chlorine, since thats why people buy bottled water.

Of course bottled water is a scam, i mean the stuff falls from the heaven's for gods sake..

An RO filtration system with a step up pump might be a good investment over buying in.

My tapwater tastes like poison, i find that alot, so i avoid it. I had to get an RO system for my fussy fish who dont like tapwater.. if my tap water isnt good enough for my fish or me then im not pouring that on my plants.. :2cents:

St. Phatty

I wonder if the chemicals that leach into the water might be psycho-active.

Seems like I get a better rush from drinking a quart of bottled water - from 2 small pint bottles - than from drinking a quart of well water.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some bottled waters are just tap water from another city...

Check their web sites and see what information you can glean from them.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
If you're not using distilled or reverse osmosis then that is your problem. Also you're welcome as my answer is your missing piece ;) water with anything else in it will be detrimental to your microbes to explain myself

doams

yeah like that nestle brand its just filtered tap

tastes just bad its a scam with brand name on it.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
FUCK NESTLE!

If its got that on the label put it back.

Those guys are bastards that are trying to corner that market and rob clean healthy water as a human right.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Um, ALL bottled water is tap water. Spring water? Yeah, they put a tap on that to control flow. Yes, I am picking nits.

But along that same vein,

-"Filtered water" is from a local municipal water supply and run through an RO filter. Clean, tastes awful in my opinion. This is the vast majority of store brand water and the stuff you buy from big soda and beer manufacturers.

-"Spring water" is usually a tapped spring head that's filtered under UV light to kill biologicals. Clean and tastes like water is supposed to taste. I wouldn't be surprised if some companies mix their spring water with RO to stretch it out and increase their profits. Kinda like cutting coke with baby laxative.

-"Distilled water" is made by boiling clean municipal water, capturing the steam, and collecting it. This is the cleanest water you will find. It tastes not quite as bad as filtered, but still awful imo.

-"Mineral water", "Smart water", "caffeinated water", "baby water", etc. is generally RO water with minerals added back in, similar to spring water. But because it doesn't come from a tapped spring, legally they can't sell it as such.

Honestly, the best water I have ever found for growing plants that came from a bottle was Walmarts in house brand Seltzer water. Obviously not practical for more than 1 or 2 plants at $0.69 for 2 liters. But that one plant was hands down the best plant I ever grew. Kinda wish I had pictures of her. She was beautiful.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
a lot of bottled water has chlorine
Water on that scale goes through a UV sterilizer. Been in use for years by the Navy using rods. Prior to that, chlorine @ 6%. Keeps the minerals but, anything living is vaporized for the lack of a better word.

Latest posts

Latest posts