What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bodhi Seeds Tester: Mendo Purps x Sunshine Daydream

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
thanks for the link herbgreen, ill check them out!

I'm almost flipping the room back to veg mode in order to be able to fight them a bit better... today I did some defoliation and cleared the bottom leafs, thats where the infestation is the worse, so hopefully we removed a bunch of them fuckers and them eggs... predators should be here soon!

Also sprayed wettable sulfur today, i heard thats effective, I did see a bunch of dead corpses laying around, its hard to tell exactly what they were....

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Yesterday I pulled 2 more males, ended with 6 females, 3 per pot, there is 3 stretchy ones together, and the 3 no so stretchy on the other pot.

Plants actually looked good yesterday, maybe the defoliation, with the sprays and the predators mites are actually doing the job. I should be receiving some andersoni and swirskiis in a few days, these should be the main predators from broad mites.... i'm just hoping I can finish this run properly!

Well anyways, these is a true test to these plants, after all this stress, putting these genetics to the test!

Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Yeah definitely, seems like they are the way to go, also heard that barkery (andersonis) are very effective too... Getting 5000 swirskiis in there, 250 per plant lol, good luck broad mites!

Minitiger

Man, you are right on with those big-ass fan leaves that these plants are throwing out. I just got done watering and noticed some big ol’ nine-fingered leaves that look gorgeous, all dark green and shit. Not the eleven-fingered fans like you’re getting, but, uh, I’ll take ‘em.

What’s going on with your plants? Did you get your bug situation handled? I posted some early flower (nine days) pics in my thread, nothing really to see, but since I’m testing, I’m trying to keep weekly updates posted. I also checked out that hydro grow on another site and that dude’s getting some purple on one of his plants already. Honestly, the Mendo Purps I used to get back in the day was never purple, just green bud through and through, so I’m not gonna be pissed if my mugs don’t purple up. Still, I’m kinda jealous of that dude’s plant haha!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Man, you are right on with those big-ass fan leaves that these plants are throwing out. I just got done watering and noticed some big ol’ nine-fingered leaves that look gorgeous, all dark green and shit. Not the eleven-fingered fans like you’re getting, but, uh, I’ll take ‘em.

What’s going on with your plants? Did you get your bug situation handled? I posted some early flower (nine days) pics in my thread, nothing really to see, but since I’m testing, I’m trying to keep weekly updates posted. I also checked out that hydro grow on another site and that dude’s getting some purple on one of his plants already. Honestly, the Mendo Purps I used to get back in the day was never purple, just green bud through and through, so I’m not gonna be pissed if my mugs don’t purple up. Still, I’m kinda jealous of that dude’s plant haha!

Yeah broda, for sure those fan leafs are huge, some of the fingers of the leafs are bigger than my whole hand... I think not all phenos been throwing 11 finger leaf, but a few definitely are. Bug situation seems to have been handled. I should be receiving another batch of predator mites just to make sure they wont be back till harvest time!

The plants have stretched nicely , we are just starting week 3 of flower and the buds are starting to form. Everything is a bit slower than usual, maybe because of the stress from bugs and the cold temps, but I got the space heater rocking and temps are now stable around 70F.

I did a nice round of training, leaf tucking, spreading the canopy out. Most phenos have a nice stretch, #10 is the non-stretchy of the bunch, barelly stretched and probably wont be getting much light underneath the canopy. I tried to clear as much light for her as possible but she is half the height of the other ones.

THere are some beautiful plants in the bunch for sure!

The male I selected should start dropping pollen in a few days.

I need to check out the hydro thread and take a look, purple flowers are always a plus!

Peace! :rasta:

Minitiger

Pics, dude, pics! Haha!

Just fucking with you, I know it’s kind of a bitch getting those photos.

I forget, did you top your plants or not? I topped two of the Mendos and those are the ones that seem to be stretching the most. The ones I didn’t top have only stretched like 2.5 - 3 inches in a little over a week. If they don’t start exploding soon, I’m kinda fucked, just because the Big Sur Nigerian/NL2’s are stretching like an inch a day. I’m gonna end up with five plants that are five feet tall and five plants that’re like two feet tall, if that haha....

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
I didn't top any of the plants, just heavy LST and supercrop! The majority has a decent stretch. A few recessive phenos has def very low stretch!

I was taking pictures last night and found a nice purple pheno, I think its #2, you can see the purple starting to form deep in the bud! Very nice, lets hope we find another few colored ones! Would be really nice!

Here is a quick update, sorry not the best pics!

Front bunch, #1, #3, #10

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Minitiger

Nice! Looks like they’ve recovered really well since the infestation. And you can definitely see the purple in that Number 2.

Happy Times

Pics, dude, pics! Haha!

Just fucking with you, I know it’s kind of a bitch getting those photos.

I forget, did you top your plants or not? I topped two of the Mendos and those are the ones that seem to be stretching the most. The ones I didn’t top have only stretched like 2.5 - 3 inches in a little over a week. If they don’t start exploding soon, I’m kinda fucked, just because the Big Sur Nigerian/NL2’s are stretching like an inch a day. I’m gonna end up with five plants that are five feet tall and five plants that’re like two feet tall, if that haha....

You could maybe prop up the little ones to even out the canopy (if in handleable containers). I used to use upside down buckets or cinder blocks

Minitiger

You could maybe prop up the little ones to even out the canopy (if in handleable containers). I used to use upside down buckets or cinder blocks

Yeah, I always grow multiple strains at a time and use five gallon buckets to put the less stretchy plants on them to even out the canopy. I’m gonna tie down my Big Sur Nigerians tonight, but at some point I’ll definitely have to introduce the buckets haha!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hell yeah, yesteday was looking at the plants, and it seems like Ill end up with 2 purple phenos #2 and #4 (i think)! :woohoo:

Minitiger

Hell yeah, yesteday was looking at the plants, and it seems like Ill end up with 2 purple phenos #2 and #4 (i think)! :woohoo:

Worrrrrd. I’ll keep an eye out for some purple on mine. I watered with a corn SST and some K silicate last night, checked on them this morning and there were little clusters of pistils all over my Mendo SSDD’s. What you think, BuddhaWatch, nine week strain? Maybe a little less? I’m getting that “60 days” feeling with mine.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Worrrrrd. I’ll keep an eye out for some purple on mine. I watered with a corn SST and some K silicate last night, checked on them this morning and there were little clusters of pistils all over my Mendo SSDD’s. What you think, BuddhaWatch, nine week strain? Maybe a little less? I’m getting that “60 days” feeling with mine.

Im not sure, they def gonna go far here, I think I messed up their light cycle before flipping, and I think that slowed them down a week or so... But now we are back on track. My guess is ten weeks, thats what most strains go IME... but we shall see... no rushing!

When did you flip yours? I guess yours might have caught up with mine :)

Peace broda, Imma check your thread soon again! :rasta:

Minitiger

Im not sure, they def gonna go far here, I think I messed up their light cycle before flipping, and I think that slowed them down a week or so... But now we are back on track. My guess is ten weeks, thats what most strains go IME... but we shall see... no rushing!

When did you flip yours? I guess yours might have caught up with mine :)

Peace broda, Imma check your thread soon again! :rasta:

Let’s see.... I flipped mine on January 27. So it’s been sixteen days. I was watering two nights ago and noticed that they’re getting ever-so-slightly frosty already. I’m thinking this cross is a nine week hybrid for sure, maybe even just sixty days. Also noticed that it looks like the topped plants are gonna yield quite a bit better than the ones I didn’t top. So it’s probably a good thing that you trained yours. I’m really wishing I’d have topped all of them.

Easy7

Veteran
Over ripe is for sure a deeper more paranoid stone. Those can be very nice when security is nice and tight.

I kinda enjoy making people paranoid with weed. Lot's of people want to go to fast in life.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I was gifted three different cuts of J1 Hashplant. I heard J1 is a cut of Jack Herer?

Edit: sorry Buddah Watcha I posted in completely wrong thread!