What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The kratky method....

Sign

I did this part way through for a few weeks on a male while I waited for pollen after noticing first preflower. It grew and thrived until it'd pollinated enough. I'm curious to try it the entire time, but as of yet haven't. Everyone says it doesn't work on weed but I'll need to prove that to myself

Sign

I'm only interested in this because the sound difference, I'd take a little slower growth for quiet growth. As long as you don't fill it all the way back up and drown the air roots it should work perfectly fine. Running Hempy right now but kratky is on the radar.

Budley Doright

Veteran
I think it would work just fine for weed....

I think if you start say ina 5 gallon....let the plant slowly draw the level to 60% or so.....

then maintaining that level......you must have a combination of air and water roots....

As far as it applies to weed..... most people look for optimum growth....this method may not live up to those expectations....

Budley Doright

Veteran
I started some toms and peppers.....yesterday I killed most of them.....I started too many...

These seeds were started in vermiculite then transferred to 2 liters after a couple weeks...

I just removed my excess plants....

WHile examining the roots they were remarkably whites....

MOst looked great....... I experimented with one plant where the roots were totally under water......it died....

Its clear you must have water roots....and air roots....

When I examined the plants.... you could see that the roots in water all the time looked like speghetti the ones out of water were very branchy..... the difference was pretty remarkable.....

Im going to be moving a few outside into 5 gallon buckets this weekend...

Im only doing 6 toms.....and one pepper....

But if this works next year I go nuts...

Budley Doright

Veteran
I think for fun I will do a weed plant too...

I suspect the way Im going to play....

start the plant so that some of its roots are out of the water....

Let the plant draw the fertigation (jacks and calnit) level down....

then do some refresh of the solution....and a couple dump and replace....

I dont see any reason the mmj is not going to do well.....but the devil is in the details...

Budley Doright

Veteran
Sorry no camera yet....I have it bought not set up yet.....

After some thought.....ive decided how I going to hook theses up....I have about 8 toms and one pepper......

They will be in 5 gallon bucket and there is a controller bucket.....each bucket is plumbed to the controller bucket using a hydrofarms 1/2 inch grommet....

When I add fertigation it will be to only the controller bucket......

Jacks and calnit at typical cannabis levels.....

More coming..... Im hoping to have the plants in buckett today.....

Typical for michigan toms..... they all have flowers going out.....

my first thought is stagnant water for 35 days for lettuce let alone 10 weeks for weed sounds dangerous. I understand there is a section of rootzone exposed to air but with no d.o being replinished in the water source and no exchange of air in the aero section of the container it seems like ph and bad bacteria would take over in short order. Add in the temp of having the water directly under the plant with no chiller and I just don't see this working.

I looked at the pictures and read about 3 lines maybe me being lazy caused me to skip how these are not problems?

Latest posts

Latest posts