What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ohio Cannabis shootings, why is no one talking about it?

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:laughing: Puhleez, howz 'bout some REAL news on this case 'cause FAUX NEWS doesn't count!;)

I've been googling for real news on this for quite some time and now, months later, the Cops still seem to be totally clueless!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
:laughing: Puhleez, howz 'bout some REAL news on this case 'cause FAUX NEWS doesn't count!;)

I've been googling for real news on this for quite some time and now, months later, the Cops still seem to be totally clueless!

you have to be clueless before they will hire you. passing an IQ test & being capable of rational independent thought will get you shown to the door. "we don't like your kind around here, buddy! we want people that will let us do their thinking for them..." :)

Betterhaff

Veteran
This case may take a while. From the start it sounded like a vendetta killing, a message being sent. Tight lips may be because of the depth, not necessarily what’s not known.

I had a client that once worked as a crime scene investigator (CSI) and he said it’s nothing like what you see on TV.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I just wanna know about how the banking cartels/Hillary got involved/dragged into this!!!

I smell a new, desperate cover-up, conspiracy in the making OR maybe it's just BS I'm smelling!;):tiphat:

Sure hope this all gets solved before Nov.:nono::rolleyes::nono:

geneva_sativa

Haven't seen anyone question the timing of this and the failed attempt by wealthy investors to legalize in OHIO ( Nov 2015 ) and at the same time create monopoly for themselves alone. . .

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=312520

some of the investors were apparently quoted as saying this would create a tsunami of money for them to reap.

~ loss of that fat cash cow could have upset some those " investors "

~ wonder if this family was involved in funding the Vote No movements

igrowone

Veteran
waking up this old thread, some closure on this
over from nbc news

U.S. news
Pike County massacre: Ohio family charged with the execution-style murder of 8 people at pot farm
The Pike County Sheriff's Office charged the family on accusations they planned and carried out the murders of the Rhoden family in April of 2016.
Nov. 13, 2018 / 1:37 PM EST / Updated 7:01 PM EST
By Doha Madani

Ohio authorities arrested three generations of a family on Tuesday in connection with the execution-style murder of eight members of another family on a marijuana farm in 2016.

Parents George "Billy" Wagner III, 47, and Angela Wagner, 48, and their two sons, George Wagner IV, 27, and Edward "Jake" Wagner, 26, were arrested by the Pike County Sheriff's Office on accusations they planned and carried out the murders of eight members of the Rhoden family in April of 2016.

The Rhodens were found massacred on their family property, where authorities found evidence of marijuana "grow operations." The crimes occurred in three mobile homes on Union Hill Road and at another home a few miles away, a spokesperson from the attorney general's office told NBC News.
Officials say Ohio family 'meticulously planned' murders

The Wagners were indicted by a grand jury on more than 80 criminal counts, including eight counts each of aggravated murder with death penalty specifications, authorities announced at a Tuesday afternoon news conference.

Prosecutors said that the Wagners were "meticulous" in plotting the deaths of the Rhoden family and covering their tracks.

Officials would not provide details on a possible motive for the killings but allege that a custody battle played a part. All of the Wagners were also charged with forgery of a custody document and tampering with evidence, according to the indictment.

In addition, Angela Wagner's 65-year-old mother, Rita Newcomb, and Billy Wagner's 76-year-old mother, Fredericka Wagner, are each facing obstruction of justice and perjury charges for allegedly misleading investigators. Newcomb was additionally charged with forgery.

"They did this quickly, coldly, calmly and very carefully — but not carefully enough," Pike County Sheriff Charles S. Reader told reporters. "They left traces, they left a trail — the parts to build a silencer, the forged documents, the cameras, cell phones, all that they tampered with. And the lies, all the lies they told us."
The four members of the Wagner family, of South Webster, were taken into custody on Nov. 13, 2018 and are charged with planning and carrying out the murders of eight people in Pike County on April 22, 2016.
The four members of the Wagner family, of South Webster, were taken into custody on Nov. 13, 2018 and are charged with planning and carrying out the murders of eight people in Pike County on April 22, 2016.Ohio Attorney General

The victims were identified as Hannah Gilley, 20; Christopher Rhoden, Sr., 40; Christopher Rhoden, Jr., 16; Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20; Dana Rhoden, 37; Gary Rhoden, 38; Hanna Rhoden, 19; and Kenneth Rhoden, 44. A 4-day-old, a 6-month-old and a 3-year-old survived, officials said.

Jake Wagner was a long-time former boyfriend of victim Hanna Rhoden and shared custody of their daughter, Sophia, at the time of the massacre. Sophia, now 5 years old, was not present at the crime scenes in 2016.

Wagner was also charged with unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, for allegedly having a relationship with Rhoden when she was 15 and he was 20, according to the indictment.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine, now governor-elect, said that the case involved an "obsession" with custody and control.

The Rhodens were found dead in four separate homes on the farm. Autopsies from the Pike County Medical Examiner showed that all eight victims died of gunshots wounds and evidence of a struggle. Some of the victims had shown soft tissue bruising, indicating that they fought their killer or killers, according to the medical examiner's report.

While searching the crime scenes, officials found that one of the grow operation was comprised of more than 100 marijuana plants. DeWine would not say whether the drugs played a central part in the motive, only noting that the drugs were an "undercurrent" in the case.

DeWine said at the time the said the murders were a "pre-planned execution." Authorities have yet to give a suspected motive for the killings.

Investigators scrambling to determine who targeted the Rhoden family and why had conducted over 130 interviews and processed over 100 pieces of evidence and 550 tips, while getting assistance from more than 20 law enforcement agencies.
Doha Madani

Doha Madani is a breaking news reporter for NBC News.
Associated Press contributed.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I remember hearing all sorts of theories about the dog fighting and pot growing and cartels.

Occam's razor is still sharp.

The amount of sheer terror and brutal death inflicted for custody of one child is staggering.

Love is what children need.

Not murderous "guardians".

I am certain the death penalty will be spoken of during this trial.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'm friends with a guy who is familiar with the case. They were thinking it was about the kid since at least May of last year.

I'm not sure it was but the fact that the story didn't change for a year and a half leads me to believe they're right.

J-Icky

Anyone that’s ever been involved in a custody dispute knows how things can get heated, but this is sheer insanity. I’m guessing the family that committed the murders had some thing on their records that they knew it was gonna be hard to get custody no matter what.
So rather than just accept that, they literally killed every single person who could claim custody before them so the state would be forced to grant them custody.

The world we live in is just plain crazy sometimes, other times it can be beautiful, all I can say is WOW!!!

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... nor do you murder 8 people over a child when all they had to do was disappear the child's mother.

There must be more to this, those 8 murders took a lot of work and energy, it's overkill.:tiphat:

prune

Veteran
if you read the local reports on the story you would see that the family's were friends until the murdering family's adult son had a baby with the underage daughter of the dead family. In addition to the murders, he is being charged with statutory rape in that regard.

I'm guessing that the dead family was playing/holding that card in the custody situation, "backing" the murdering family into a corner they thought they could kill their way out of...