What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grinders: SantaCruz Shredder, cromium crusher, cali crusher, & black tie

couchlockd

I had a cromium crusher, byt this last batch of Dr. Who, has been literally knocking teeth out of it. Lol. So im looking at the santa cruz shredder, its unique square teeth have me intrigued. Seems this grinder (scc) fluffs the herbs up as opposed to mashing and smashing?

Any insight on it or the others i mentioned? I need a new one asap.

Experience reviews welcome. What should i look for when shopping, so i dont end up with a bootleg knockoff (pretyy sure my cromium was boitleg/knockoff)

Thanks couch

Attachments

• IMG_20151120_001008.jpg
    IMG_20151120_001008.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 43

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a Space Case in the past. Idk what happened to it but it was my fave of what I've used so far.
A buddy had a Mendo Mulcher that he liked. I never used it.

That must be one cheap assed grinder if buds are breaking teeth off of it. Just saying.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i'm a huge fan of the shredders.

12237576_1658285407748116_48010866_n.jpg

had a big space case for many years when i was younger, but after seeing my friend's shredder the first time i switched over. i roll a lot of joints and blunts and imo the shredder makes a nicer textured grind for rolling than the space case did. also it only takes a few twists for the herb to grind and fall through. the space case took a lot of twisting and tapping and checking and repeating. also busted the herb down too fine for me.

my one complaint with the scs was the screen was too small mesh and i didn't get as much keif as i did w/ the space case, but they improved the screens in the shredders last year apparently.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Space Case, titanium four part grinders are the best I have ever used. And will last forever. Can't beat that IMHO.

mufinman

I take the mendo and put it in the dishwasher with the wands. They come out looking like new, screens too. Top rack, both sides facing down with a dish on top of them, the wands just get stood up.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
mine was made by onedropdesign ...it says nova/or novus on one part and contero on the other....I love it and had it for long long time..wasn't cheap...the storage part container is water proof with rubber seals....yeehaw..it comes up in web search but is no longer made I think

NW Wheeze

I picked one up from Amazon. It is a "Golden Gate Grinder", it is built like a tank. Beautifully machined square threading so you can never cross thread the damn thing. You. could crush rocks in the damn thing it is built so well.

mufinman

I picked one up from Amazon. It is a "Golden Gate Grinder", it is built like a tank. Beautifully machined square threading so you can never cross thread the damn thing. You. could crush rocks in the damn thing it is built so well.

Well Wheeze, you had me looking at GG Grinders, impressive. I do not get into catching keif or storing ground weed and have never owned a 4 piece grinder but that led me to seeing Phoenician Engineering's grinder made in Phoenix, AZ. Found on Amazon is a 3.5" 2 piece model that caught my eye. a little bigger than my 2 piece mendo mulcher. seems it might be easier to hold onto for the initial 'twist' to get it started when grinding a full load. will be a Christmas present from my girl. and thanks to you too couchlock. good thread.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Veteran
space case is the best, and was the first ever made.
I still have the very first 2 prototype grinders he made back in the late 90's
I was given these fantastic grinders by him to show peeps on the festival trail...ie SCI, Phil Lesh, Further tour etc...
they are sharp as hell and still do a great job.

Pirate

elbons98

I got a cali crusher and I think's the best grinder in the high quality ones, it has some really cool features, like the quarter turn locking, the shape of the blades, the gigant case for kief and the way it makes the weed.
if you can spend some money for a grinder, i would recomend it ;)