Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Announcements > Changing ICMag's Template - Testers Needed

Thread Title Search
Changing ICMag's Template - Testers Needed Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2015, 12:12 PM #31
Hundred Gram Oz
Our Work is Never Over

Hundred Gram Oz has a brilliant futureHundred Gram Oz has a brilliant futureHundred Gram Oz has a brilliant futureHundred Gram Oz has a brilliant futureHundred Gram Oz has a brilliant futureHundred Gram Oz has a brilliant futureHundred Gram Oz has a brilliant futureHundred Gram Oz has a brilliant futureHundred Gram Oz has a brilliant futureHundred Gram Oz has a brilliant futureHundred Gram Oz has a brilliant future
Good work Skip, looks like a nightmare to do :(
Hundred Gram Oz is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2015, 03:38 PM #32
Ganoderma
Hydronaut

Ganoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivorGanoderma is a survivor
I guess I'm going to be the dissenter among the group, I Really don't like the sound of this, Me having to compromise to some one using their mobile phone to view this wonderful site. I don't want to have to change setting on my browser just to view this site on my computer (which is what I use) just for one website, everything else that I'd be viewing would have to have the page reset when going to another site or from this site to another site. Please don't take away my ability to view this site as a website on the internet that's on my computer, and not like I'm just some one with a smart phone and that's the only format to view it by/with.
Ganoderma is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:49 PM #33
indocult

indocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura aboutindocult has a spectacular aura about
ganoderma, I don't see why you'd have to change a setting in your browser to see this site.

Working fine in firefox right now..
indocult is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2015, 06:28 PM #34
ISM2

ISM2 is a jewel in the roughISM2 is a jewel in the roughISM2 is a jewel in the roughISM2 is a jewel in the roughISM2 is a jewel in the roughISM2 is a jewel in the rough
Using iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3, and Safari - mobile site looks and responds well.
ISM2 is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2015, 09:24 PM #35
Skip
Let's Get Small!

Skip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond repute
Souf, the problem I see with IE, is that it doesn't understand what word-wrap means...all the other browsers do.

"Prohibition is the gateway to fascism." - Treewizard
Skip is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2015, 09:27 PM #36
Skip
Let's Get Small!

Skip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSushi View Post
Oh my god I think I just found a new home. I have honestly avoided this site because other sites had kick ass mobile platforms but it looks like Icmagg just one upped them
Thanks for the kynd words. The big difference between our mobile template and others, is ours isn't the generic, out-of-the-box, plain jane template. It's custom built and has far more features available.

The goal is to have just ONE responsive template for the site, rather than two. Of course getting everything to work right on every platform in every browser is always a challenge.

"Prohibition is the gateway to fascism." - Treewizard
Skip is offline Quote

Old 05-25-2015, 04:35 PM #37
Jahnice
thicker skin in training

Jahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to beholdJahnice is a splendid one to behold
Positives for me...
Scrolls better now, especially the pages with pictures do not go black while loading.

Negative for me...
Last post in thread does not show member name.
This is helpful if you are waiting for a specific response.

Lots of work for you at a busy time of year.
Thanks Skip
Jahnice is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2015, 01:11 AM #38
yted

does icmag not work on tapatalk ?

Old 07-05-2015, 05:31 PM #39
Payaso
Administrator

Payaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivor
ICMag is no longer supporting tapalk, we have our own mobile version that seems to be making folks happy
Payaso is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2015, 07:51 PM #40
jawnroot

jawnroot has a spectacular aura aboutjawnroot has a spectacular aura aboutjawnroot has a spectacular aura about
Can you guys change the aesthetic while you're at it? I don't see an option to change to mobile on my desktop version, but from the pictures I'm seeing it looks as IC mag has always looked with maybe a few tweaks. Why not change the weaksauce tiled background image and the put-you-to-sleep color scheme? Make it look like we're in the 21st century or some such.

In terms of membership I believe IC mag is the largest site in this genre....or at least one of the top three. Yet it has the worst UI. I mean it works -- it has worked for years -- and that's not something you want to bungle up in the name of style. But maybe put a polish on it? Make it less ugly...and less like something an IT student would have cooked up in 2003.

No hate meant by any means, don't take it that way. I'll continue to use IC mag unless it becomes unusable. Just figure in for a penny, in for a pound. Do it up.

EDIT: So I read the OP closer and changed things over to mobile. The big twist here is putting user location and rep in limbo over the top of the post? Neither centered or right justified, just kinda hangin?

Links:
**Smart Butter
**Rooibos Weed Tea
**Bubba Kush + Afgooey
**Pure Blend Pro Feed Schedule

Last edited by jawnroot; 07-06-2015 at 12:22 AM..
jawnroot is offline Quote