What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

welcome to the general gardening forum

moth

My Garden seems to be blooming this year. Have had trouble with the roses the past couple.

Blessings

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 109

nobull56

ICMag Donor
I've kept 'Chives' in my grow for their bug repelling properties. There are lots of other natural planting helpers.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Who grows heirloom varieties and keeps seed?
I love to grow some of the old heirlooms , and ive collected a few varieties from overseas that seem to like my climate.
You wont find veges as fresh and full of vitamins as the ones you grow in your garden, the shop purchased ones dont come close .

nobull56

ICMag Donor
Who grows heirloom varieties and keeps seed?
I love to grow some of the old heirlooms , and ive collected a few varieties from overseas that seem to like my climate.
You wont find veges as fresh and full of vitamins as the ones you grow in your garden, the shop purchased ones dont come close .

Try 'Totalytomatos.com' for heirloom tomatos:woohoo:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool,, avid homegrower here :D

Here's some images of domestic flowers in various gardens..

bramble
picture.php

nordic flowers (jah bless growdoc)
picture.php

chive
picture.php

Peace and love to all the plant-pot and organic soil bed heads :canabis:

mellomel

BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!
ICMag Donor
Very nice Docleaf.
This is my fav indoor flower, it is called a Guzmania.
I hope you all like it as much as me...

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
Love to see the variety available here at the icmag, even my non mj partners in the co-op can enjoy and showcase the many talents among us.

Canna

i was wanting to teach my daughter about growing flowers and veggies. unforunately i dont know much about gardening those and i dont see too many posts on this forum. would anyone have any suggestions? i was thinking of teaching her to compost for the soil and she would like to start out with flowers. i thought that the whole preocess woould make a good project for us to do together, and maybe a possible science project for school. since winter is coming up we will be builing a small box for the flowers. iv got a 70w hps to use in the project. idk if this would be a good light to try or not. feel free to make some suggestions.

NOKUY

Veteran
i was wanting to teach my daughter about growing flowers and veggies. unforunately i dont know much about gardening those and i dont see too many posts on this forum. would anyone have any suggestions? i was thinking of teaching her to compost for the soil and she would like to start out with flowers. i thought that the whole preocess woould make a good project for us to do together, and maybe a possible science project for school. since winter is coming up we will be builing a small box for the flowers. iv got a 70w hps to use in the project. idk if this would be a good light to try or not. feel free to make some suggestions.

you wanna grow weed, and your scared of the internet?...thats all i got from that.

you wanna grow weed, and your scared of the internet?...thats all i got from that.

no i meant what i said. i dont know how to grow vegitables or flowers. she would enjoy learning about growing her own vegitables from the compost that we make. it teaches her about recycling and growing i dont see where you got that im scared to grow weed and im scared of the internet. i was looking for help on how to grow flowers and vegitables since iv never had a garden. would a grow box be a bad idea for growing those? what kind of lighting would be better to use for growing?

Easygrowing

Veteran
picture.php

A Beach asters in Danish-true

Great tread i will be back,as Arnold say,s

Good weekend everyone

Last edited:

jj.thecarnivore

If you want to show her how to grow from seed use things that are tough like beans... these fix N2 from the air using bacteria... and so they can just be mixed in when you are done... with out soil with the bacteria of course this is a mute point. you could sprout beans, sunflower, wheatgrass, etc.. and eat the sproouts.... or juice the grass ....or start amaranth now if you have two more months of ok conditions, really beautiful pink -red plant that can still get moved out into the garden! tender young parts good greens , and the grain is an amazing seed. If you soak them they are soothing to the digestive track.
If you want to do indoor a while you might do specialty plants that need special conditions like carnivores plants, orchids, maybe tomatos, etc...

for little ones I suggest using squash beans and sunflowers as seed starter plants in the spring, they are tough and they are very satisfying to new and old growers alike:}

peace...
im getting sucked into this computer for the first time in my life!
Yeeeee plant people!

Latest posts

Latest posts