What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clones in Los Angeles

DonFKennedy

Anyone have success buying clones in Los Angeles?

I went to CCSC.. they had PM and mites. I fought both and will harvest this week. I don’t want to fight either if those again (well, neem makes the PM easy but still...)

Any good recommendations?

Mengsk

(side note) some on here might recommend expensive treatments or even replacing plants as a way of 'starting over.' My 2c is that I try to stay organic and you should be spraying or dipping your plants and probably grow media for mites. Since when has every single weed grow ever not had spider mites. Wish I could say I remember but I don't really. If you clean the grow room really well (soap and water works just as good as antibacterial xyz) and stay on top of the environment in veg, which you should be doing anyway, then it might not really matter if or where mites or mold spores are coming from. Try Bee Safe it smells better than neem oil IMO and together with physically cleaning the mites and damaged leaves off of the plants it works great. At some point I may have to start a bona fide quarantine area ideally a separate room, to keep new or shared clones and flowering plants.

DonFKennedy

So... you don’t have a recommendation of any good place to get clones in LA?

I’ve seen many gardens without mites by the way.

Closed grows (seeds only) frequently don’t have them.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
clones in LA are Trash and come loaded with Problems...All the OGz that are mainstream out here are horrible.... nobody is releasing the Fire shit like back in the day ..

Gry

If you are near the valley, green dragon's house clones have worked out well for me.

They do also have a couple lines of the branded clones that I have not used personally, but
I have spoken with those that have, and they were well spoken of.

Gry

Just heard the state commission has determined delivery services should be available through out the state, including areas that have decided not to permit the sale of cannabis.

packerfan79

Veteran
I have not gotten clones free of bugs or PM in many years. Stick with seeds until you can find a keeper. I have a friend who constantly questions if my plants are clean. I have only gotten thrips from his cuts. He's never gotten any bugs from my clones.

grayeyes

Grow your own. The dispensaries sell crap. We all know it. Grow some herb of your own and then go buy a small quantity of theirs of the exact same strain. Try it and be very disappointed at your good money you spent to be scammed.

I can't imagine that 'cloners' do any better. They probably bought crap stock to begin with and now want to sell it to you.

Asiatica

Clones in LA are not worth the time and trouble.
In most cases you will get bugs and disease.
My best advice is start from seed.
Clones are not a solid long term solution.
Seeds will save you time and headache in the long run.
I know seeds take a longer time but think about all the time you will save when you dont have to fight mites and pm and whatever else you catch from these LA clones.
Btw iver been medical and growing in LA for over 10 years and ive seen alot of grows get hammered by these clones.
Whatever you decide good luck!

Gry

Said it before, and will continue to say that I am delighted with the house cuts from green dragon in the valley.
I like the people there, and the owner gives a discount because I am medical, but I get no
compensation from them.
I pretty much stick to the basics, OG, Bubba, Glue, Wifi, are what I go with.
Never any issues at all and the results are and have been very consistent.

CrescentFresh

really sorry to tell you ma -- seeds

you live in California

and your only option for legit genetics is getting Seeds in the Mail

its a disgrace

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
Yeah no recommendations. You're g on a have to find a guy that is down to let go of or trade something. Good and clean cuts usually only come from.your friends out here

I gave up on clones in L.A. after 11 years. I recently popped some seeds and was amazed at the vigor that seed plants grow. Not going back.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have not gotten clones free of bugs or PM in many years. Stick with seeds until you can find a keeper. I have a friend who constantly questions if my plants are clean. I have only gotten thrips from his cuts. He's never gotten any bugs from my clones.

Agree with you, packerfan, better to go with seeds and a clean medium to grow. Battling bugs and PM, fungus...not worth it.