What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neem Cake

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I'm not defending azadirachtins, nor am I big on using pesticides but a 'blog'? This is how myths are perpetuated. I'm interested if there are some actual properly conducted studies to read.

G `day MM

Yep .
The sky is falling chicken little .
How you know ? I read it on a blog people reposted lots of times . lol .

DC aka TCG says he had helicobacter plyori . I`d be looking at the connection between that , ulcers and stomach health and vomiting before I pointed the finger at Neem ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

ozzieAI

Veteran
Are you kidding me??? Douglas.Curtis is spot on 100% of the time. Very knowledgeable in tips and understanding how to control pests and mold, etc.

no one is 'spot on' 100% of the time...

You might want to read through his posts before making a judgement call. Others have provided info on neem cake. Just because it's organic doesn't mean it's safe.

i have provided DC with multiple opportunities to present any evidence of the people he has 'helped' or of the 'accredited' testing he says that could be done...i have searched and found NOTHING

can you provide any???

Here's a blurb from a blog:

https://coloradocannabistours.com/marijuana-legalization/cannabis-hyperemesis-syndrome-part-5/
.......After doing a good handful of research, a few case studies have surfaced to offer an alternative explanation for the spontaneous emergence of CHS.

A solid alternative theory to CHS could be explained as being poisoned. Specifically, poisoned by a pesticide that was sprayed directly on the cannabis plant. More specifically, there is a molecule that could be causing all the problems associate with the “new” clinical condition, and this molecule is called Azadirachtin, derived from Neem Oil.

What could actually be going on is toxicity poisoning via “organic” pesticides with the molecule Azadirachtin, in it.

What is Azadirachtin, specifically?

Azadirachtin is a molecule that is in many products, used for insect control on your cannabis plant. Although the product, that contains Azadirachtin, isn’t specifically labeled to use on cannabis, for some reason cannabis growers began using this stuff left and right, because it’s labeled organic and safe.

This Azadirachtin molecule was said to be synthesized over 10 years ago. Very interestingly, this molecule is OMRI certified organic. Just because it’s labeled organic doesn’t mean it is safe to use, however you want to use it. Although being organic “should” mean that it is natural and safe?

OMG...it's a blog so it must be true....

i have been calling bullshit on this for ages now and no one has been able to provide one piece of evidence to link neem and CHS...not one piece...

if I had been able to overcome CHS by avoiding neem i would be singing Dougy's praise all over this and other forums...but none of the people he has 'helped' have done so...why?

edit: FFS they can't even get the name right, it's Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome...not Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome

ozzieAI

Veteran
to the OP i am sorry your thread got turned into this shit fight...

okay here is a new slant on neem and the interactions with the human body: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3695574/

Abstract
The divine tree neem (Azadirachta indica) is mainly cultivated in the Indian subcontinent. Neem has been used extensively by humankind to treat various ailments before the availability of written records which recorded the beginning of history. The world health organization estimates that 80% of the population living in the developing countries relies exclusively on traditional medicine for their primary health care. More than half of the world's population still relies entirely on plants for medicines, and plants supply the active ingredients of most traditional medical products. The review shows the neem has been used by humankind to treat various ailments from prehistory to contemporary.

9. Contemporary medicinal uses of neem in humankind
Neem (A. indica) is a divine tree mainly cultivated in Indian subcontinent and it is commonly known as neem[31],[32]. All the parts of A. indica tree is commonly used in traditional Indian medicine for household remedy against various human diseases[33]. Indian people have long revered the neem tree (A. indica). For centuries, millions have cleaned their teeth with neem twigs, smeared skin disorders with neem leaf juice, taken neem tea as a tonic, and placed neem leaves in their beds, books, grain bins, cupboards, and closets to keep away troublesome bugs. The tree has relieved so many different pains, fevers, infections, and other complaints so that it has been called “the village pharmacy.” In rural India, peoples often used water decoction of neem leaves for the prevention and treatment of various ailments. Research undertaken in the University of Nigeria showed the medicinal properties of fractionated acetone/water neem leaf extract[34]. Tests conducted at the King Institute of Preventive Medicine, Chennai in December 2012 found that the Siddha neem preparation brought down symptoms and speeded up the recovery of patients affected by dengue[35].

To those millions in India, neem has miraculous powers, and now scientists around the world are beginning to think they may be right. Two decades of researches have revealed promising results in so many disciplines that this obscure species may be of enormous benefit to countries both poor and rich. Even some of the most cautious researchers are saying that “Neem deserves to be called a wonder plant”.

9.1. Antibacterial activity
Recent research shows the isolation and identification of the antibacterial active compound from petroleum ether extract of neem oil[36]. The study of Zhong et al. showed an antibacterial activity of 9-octadecanoic acid-hexadecanoic acid-tetrahydrofuran-3,4-diyl ester from neem oil[37]. Elavarasu et al. studied in vitro anti-plaque microbial activity of neem oil[38].

9.2. Antiviral
Galhardi et al. studied the in vitro antiviral property of Azadirachta indica polysaccharides for poliovirus[39]. The study of Saha et al. showed water extracted polysaccharides from A. indica leaves with anti-bovine herpes virus type 1 (BoHV-1) activity[40]. The research of Xu et al. showed the in vitro antiviral activity of neem seed kernel extracts against duck plague virus[41]. Tiwari et al. showed the in vitro antiviral activity of neem (A. indica L.) bark extract against herpes simplex virus type-1 infection[42].

9.3. Sexually transmitted disease
Few researchers have focused on neem efficacy in treating sexually transmitted diseases. The reports that have been completed are overwhelmingly positive. Recent research of Shokeen et al. showed the evaluation of the activity of 16 medicinal plants against Neisseria gonorrhoeae[43].

9.4. Neem and the immune system
Thoh et al. studied that azadirachtin interacts with the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) binding domain of its receptors and inhibits TNF induced biological responses[44].

9.5. Anti-inflammatory activity
The study of Alam et al. showed the anti-inflammatory activity of epoxyazadiradione against macrophage migration inhibitory factor[45]. Thoh et al. found that azadirachtin interacts with retinoic acid receptors and inhibits retinoic acid-mediated biological responses[46].

9.6. Antioxidant effect
Manikandan et al. researched that antioxidant and protective effects of active neem leaf fractions against hydrogen peroxide induced oxidative damage to pBR322 DNA and red blood cells[47].

9.7. Anticarcinogenic activity
Chatterjee et al. showed that identification of a sulfonoquinovosyldiacylglyceride from A. indica and studies on its cytotoxic activity and DNA binding properties[48]. Perumal et al. studied ethanolic neem (A. indica A. Juss) leaf extract induced apoptosis and inhibits the IGF signaling pathway in breast cancer cell lines[49]. Aravindan et al. showed that molecular basis of ‘hypoxic’ breast cancer cell radio-sensitization with phytochemicals[50]. Induction of apoptosis in human breast cancer cells by nimbolide were carried out by Elumalai et al[51]. Srivastava et al. showed that neem oil limonoids induces p53-independent apoptosis and autophagy[52]. A review of the anticancer biology of Azadirachta indica was carried out by Paul et al[53]. Research of Veeraraghavan et al. showed the effect of neem leaf extract on rel protein-regulated cell death/radiosensitization in pancreatic cancer cells[54]. Mahapatra et al. showed novel molecular targets of Azadirachta indica associated with inhibition of tumor growth in prostate cancer [55].

9.8. Skin diseases
Neem has a remarkable effect on chronic skin conditions. Acne, psoriasis, eczema, ringworm and even stubborn warts are among the conditions that can clear up easily when high quality, organic neem oil is used. Neem oil and leaves has been used in Siddha medicine for the treatment of skin diseases[56]. In addition, neem oil can be used as an excellent component of cosmetics to help clear, beautify and rejuvenate the skin.

9.9. Antisnake venom activity
Ashis et al. studied a snake venom phospholipase A2 (PLA2) inhibitor (AIPLAI) was isolated from leaves of A. indica (neem) and the mechanism of PLA2 inhibition by AIPLAI in vitro condition was also studied[57].

9.10. Digestive disorders
Neem is generally accepted in the ayurvedic medical tradition as a therapy for ulcers and other types of gastric discomfort. Neem promotes a healthy digestive system by protecting the stomach, aiding in elimination and removing toxins and harmful bacteria. Bandyopadhyay et al. studied the neem bark extract of gastroprotective effect[58].

9.11. Parasitic diseases
Historically, neem has been used to rid the body of all forms of parasites. Neem quickly kills external and internal parasites. Neem extracts have hormone mimics that interfere with the life cycle of parasites, inhibit their ability to feed and prevent the eggs from hatching. Abdel et al. studied the efficacy of a single treatment of head lice with a neem seed extract[59]. Luong et al. found that neem leaf slurry is a sustainable, natural product and anopheline larvicide in west African Villages[60].

Go to:
10. Conclusion
This article clearly shows that neem (A. indica) has been used by humankind to treat various ailments from prehistory to contemporary.

9:10 is interesting...Neem is generally accepted in the ayurvedic medical tradition as a therapy for ulcers and other types of gastric discomfort. Neem promotes a healthy digestive system by protecting the stomach, aiding in elimination and removing toxins and harmful bacteria.

neem naysayers...eat my shorts...

ozzieAI

Veteran
sorry but you neem naysayers got me going on this:

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4735328/

Abstract
The antiemetic properties of marijuana are well known, but there is increasing evidence of its paradoxical hyperemetic effects on the gastrointestinal tract and central nervous system, known as ‘cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome’ (CHS). We report a case of CHS encountered in our outpatient clinic. We also completed a review of the literature using PubMed in patients over 18 years of age with CHS. Understanding the diagnostic criteria and risk factors associated with CHS may reduce the ordering of unnecessary and expensive investigations, and pursuing inappropriate medical and surgical treatments. Ultimately, abstaining from cannabis use leads to resolution of symptoms in the majority of patients.

Cannabis is known to have antiemetic effects, and has been used to relieve nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy. The mechanism for this antiemetic effect is unknown, but may be related to cannabinoid receptors exerting a neuromodulatory effect in the brain. The main active chemical of cannabis is delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC is highly lipophilic and, with chronic use, can accumulate in high concentrations in the body, including in cerebral fat. This can cause severe nausea and vomiting in sensitive patients. THC binds to cannabinoid receptors in the brain, but also to those in the enteric nervous system. Additionally, it slows peristalsis and gastric emptying. Chronic, heavy cannabis use may cause cannabinoid receptors in the gut to override the effect of cannabinoid receptor stimulation in the brain, thereby leading to paradoxical hyperemesis.1 14

KONY

Veteran
Sounds like stoner science to me.. the meal hardly has any azadirachtin in anyway as its mostly all in the oil, which people ingest or use externally medicinally.. plenty of people get this repeated nausea and vomiting from chronic cannabis use with out neem having been used in the growing.. it happened to me for about 3 years and i didnt use neem then.

Neem has been used safely in eastern medicine since the beginning of time and one of its uses is ironically an antiemetic. its one of the most important plants in Ayurveda, millions (probably 100s of millions) take it every day, and ive never come across this kind of thing with its use before.. i also cant find anything substantial on this just a couple case study research pieces of a couple adverse effects from ingestion of the oil.. which is common for anything.

But you can have an adverse effect to any chemical and Neem is a powerful blood tonic and detoxifier so i suppose it could be a cause of emesis especially in patients with swollen spleens and/or parasites, or hypersensitive livers.

To further this...The meal is made as a byproduct of the oil production. Think about that for a minute -They already got nearly all the oil out of it.

Last edited:

ozzieAI

Veteran
To further this...The meal is made as a byproduct of the oil production. Think about that for a minute -They already got all the oil out of it.

good point...and this was my initial thought as well...

however there is still enough left to be effective, not as effective as the oil for sure.

i use 2 - 5 ml/litre of oil in water and probably 10x as much of meal/cake is in my soil mix...

when i mixed neem meal/cake in water i get oil floating in a short period of time, so there is definitely residual oil left over...

but consider, it's not just the insect protection i use for, it's also the nute boost i get from it as well...

ozzieAI

Veteran
Use it if you want. Just tell people you sprayed neem on plants. There's a difference between ingesting/inhaling. Colorado dispensaries have been in trouble using products harmful to customers.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3841499/

haha...you are presenting a case detailing direct ingestion of 20mls of pure oil...

i'll see you and raise....

Neem has been used extensively by humankind to treat various ailments before the availability of written records which recorded the beginning of history.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3695574/

again...you have no direct evidence

Mr 100% Spot on can't even get the name right:

Have CHS (Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome?) Use Anti-Histamines and Report
Posted By Douglas.Curtis
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=342682

Please PM me your personal experience with CHS Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome
Posted By Douglas.Curtis
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=339380

for the record it's : Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
DC aka TCG says he had helicobacter plyori . I`d be looking at the connection between that , ulcers and stomach health and vomiting before I pointed the finger at Neem ...
"Had," being the operative word there.

With H.Pylori gone, the effects are greatly diminished. They are still definitely there and debilitating, it's just easier to discover it now without having symptoms go overboard. I can take a few tokes, figure out it's tainted, and then quit. Nothing but stupid discomfort for a day or so. Stupid for using unknown cannabis. With H.Pylori I'd generally have debilitating pain for a few days, just from a couple tokes.

Aza breaks down in cannabis? You guys are crazy.
I sprayed 5ml/gallon of Azamax on two different clones, week 2 of flower. Both plants were still polluted with aza when they were harvested at day 72. No freaking way the "Safe for Use" studies were done with anything like cannabis plants.

I'm not a "I told you so" kind of guy, but I seriously cannot wait for accredited studies to be done on this. Over 7 years I've been studying this personally. What condiment would you guys like with your hats? :tiphat:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Can't speak to Neem Cake. But somewhere prior to '04 i had spider mites. Read that neem oil is a great preventative. Used as a foliar spray into the second or third week of flower ever since; and as to spider mites, never again. Oh, and I feel fine! And the only complaints I've heard from others has been from the lightweights. :biglaugh:

And some of my flowers have been lab tested. "Unidentified Foliar Spray: No" (and upon asking if an identified foliar spray was noted, I was told no.)

neem |nēm|
noun
a tropical Old World tree that yields mahoganylike timber, oil, medicinal products, and insecticide.

Medicinal sure strikes me as contrary to CHS claims. But then I don't discount the possibility of neem as a cause per individual. But there's no clear basis for a wholesale claim of cause.

Just wanted to say, anecdotally speaking, I support neem. :biggrin:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aza breaks down in cannabis? You guys are crazy.
I sprayed 5ml/gallon of Azamax on two different clones, week 2 of flower. Both plants were still polluted with aza when they were harvested at day 72. No freaking way the "Safe for Use" studies were done with anything like cannabis plants.

I'm not a "I told you so" kind of guy, but I seriously cannot wait for accredited studies to be done on this. Over 7 years I've been studying this personally. What condiment would you guys like with your hats? :tiphat:

[/QUOTE]

So you must have the test results from the harvest which illustrated this(?)...a link?

Smith111

I feed my worms neem meal.... If anything would be an indicator of neem being harmful, that would be it. Worms love it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No freaking way the "Safe for Use" studies were done with anything like cannabis plants.
Sure, just like tea tree oil, it is an excellent antiviral, anti-fungal, etc. I wouldn't want to have it systemically in my lungs.

Be Nay sayers, folks. Because we cannot obtain true and accurate research on organic pesticides thanks to Schedule I, it'll come out in the future. It's already raised concern in Colorado's business.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
to the OP i am sorry your thread got turned into this shit fight...

okay here is a new slant on neem and the interactions with the human body: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3695574/

Abstract
The divine tree neem (Azadirachta indica) is mainly cultivated in the Indian subcontinent. Neem has been used extensively by humankind to treat various ailments before the availability of written records which recorded the beginning of history. The world health organization estimates that 80% of the population living in the developing countries relies exclusively on traditional medicine for their primary health care. More than half of the world's population still relies entirely on plants for medicines, and plants supply the active ingredients of most traditional medical products. The review shows the neem has been used by humankind to treat various ailments from prehistory to contemporary.

9. Contemporary medicinal uses of neem in humankind
Neem (A. indica) is a divine tree mainly cultivated in Indian subcontinent and it is commonly known as neem[31],[32]. All the parts of A. indica tree is commonly used in traditional Indian medicine for household remedy against various human diseases[33]. Indian people have long revered the neem tree (A. indica). For centuries, millions have cleaned their teeth with neem twigs, smeared skin disorders with neem leaf juice, taken neem tea as a tonic, and placed neem leaves in their beds, books, grain bins, cupboards, and closets to keep away troublesome bugs. The tree has relieved so many different pains, fevers, infections, and other complaints so that it has been called “the village pharmacy.” In rural India, peoples often used water decoction of neem leaves for the prevention and treatment of various ailments. Research undertaken in the University of Nigeria showed the medicinal properties of fractionated acetone/water neem leaf extract[34]. Tests conducted at the King Institute of Preventive Medicine, Chennai in December 2012 found that the Siddha neem preparation brought down symptoms and speeded up the recovery of patients affected by dengue[35].

To those millions in India, neem has miraculous powers, and now scientists around the world are beginning to think they may be right. Two decades of researches have revealed promising results in so many disciplines that this obscure species may be of enormous benefit to countries both poor and rich. Even some of the most cautious researchers are saying that “Neem deserves to be called a wonder plant”.

9.1. Antibacterial activity
Recent research shows the isolation and identification of the antibacterial active compound from petroleum ether extract of neem oil[36]. The study of Zhong et al. showed an antibacterial activity of 9-octadecanoic acid-hexadecanoic acid-tetrahydrofuran-3,4-diyl ester from neem oil[37]. Elavarasu et al. studied in vitro anti-plaque microbial activity of neem oil[38].

9.2. Antiviral
Galhardi et al. studied the in vitro antiviral property of Azadirachta indica polysaccharides for poliovirus[39]. The study of Saha et al. showed water extracted polysaccharides from A. indica leaves with anti-bovine herpes virus type 1 (BoHV-1) activity[40]. The research of Xu et al. showed the in vitro antiviral activity of neem seed kernel extracts against duck plague virus[41]. Tiwari et al. showed the in vitro antiviral activity of neem (A. indica L.) bark extract against herpes simplex virus type-1 infection[42].

9.3. Sexually transmitted disease
Few researchers have focused on neem efficacy in treating sexually transmitted diseases. The reports that have been completed are overwhelmingly positive. Recent research of Shokeen et al. showed the evaluation of the activity of 16 medicinal plants against Neisseria gonorrhoeae[43].

9.4. Neem and the immune system
Thoh et al. studied that azadirachtin interacts with the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) binding domain of its receptors and inhibits TNF induced biological responses[44].

9.5. Anti-inflammatory activity
The study of Alam et al. showed the anti-inflammatory activity of epoxyazadiradione against macrophage migration inhibitory factor[45]. Thoh et al. found that azadirachtin interacts with retinoic acid receptors and inhibits retinoic acid-mediated biological responses[46].

9.6. Antioxidant effect
Manikandan et al. researched that antioxidant and protective effects of active neem leaf fractions against hydrogen peroxide induced oxidative damage to pBR322 DNA and red blood cells[47].

9.7. Anticarcinogenic activity
Chatterjee et al. showed that identification of a sulfonoquinovosyldiacylglyceride from A. indica and studies on its cytotoxic activity and DNA binding properties[48]. Perumal et al. studied ethanolic neem (A. indica A. Juss) leaf extract induced apoptosis and inhibits the IGF signaling pathway in breast cancer cell lines[49]. Aravindan et al. showed that molecular basis of ‘hypoxic’ breast cancer cell radio-sensitization with phytochemicals[50]. Induction of apoptosis in human breast cancer cells by nimbolide were carried out by Elumalai et al[51]. Srivastava et al. showed that neem oil limonoids induces p53-independent apoptosis and autophagy[52]. A review of the anticancer biology of Azadirachta indica was carried out by Paul et al[53]. Research of Veeraraghavan et al. showed the effect of neem leaf extract on rel protein-regulated cell death/radiosensitization in pancreatic cancer cells[54]. Mahapatra et al. showed novel molecular targets of Azadirachta indica associated with inhibition of tumor growth in prostate cancer [55].

9.8. Skin diseases
Neem has a remarkable effect on chronic skin conditions. Acne, psoriasis, eczema, ringworm and even stubborn warts are among the conditions that can clear up easily when high quality, organic neem oil is used. Neem oil and leaves has been used in Siddha medicine for the treatment of skin diseases[56]. In addition, neem oil can be used as an excellent component of cosmetics to help clear, beautify and rejuvenate the skin.

9.9. Antisnake venom activity
Ashis et al. studied a snake venom phospholipase A2 (PLA2) inhibitor (AIPLAI) was isolated from leaves of A. indica (neem) and the mechanism of PLA2 inhibition by AIPLAI in vitro condition was also studied[57].

9.10. Digestive disorders
Neem is generally accepted in the ayurvedic medical tradition as a therapy for ulcers and other types of gastric discomfort. Neem promotes a healthy digestive system by protecting the stomach, aiding in elimination and removing toxins and harmful bacteria. Bandyopadhyay et al. studied the neem bark extract of gastroprotective effect[58].

9.11. Parasitic diseases
Historically, neem has been used to rid the body of all forms of parasites. Neem quickly kills external and internal parasites. Neem extracts have hormone mimics that interfere with the life cycle of parasites, inhibit their ability to feed and prevent the eggs from hatching. Abdel et al. studied the efficacy of a single treatment of head lice with a neem seed extract[59]. Luong et al. found that neem leaf slurry is a sustainable, natural product and anopheline larvicide in west African Villages[60].

Go to:
10. Conclusion
This article clearly shows that neem (A. indica) has been used by humankind to treat various ailments from prehistory to contemporary.

9:10 is interesting...Neem is generally accepted in the ayurvedic medical tradition as a therapy for ulcers and other types of gastric discomfort. Neem promotes a healthy digestive system by protecting the stomach, aiding in elimination and removing toxins and harmful bacteria.

neem naysayers...eat my shorts...

I think you are forgetting one very important aspect about medicine...
I don't recall who said it but:
The difference between a medicine and a poison is the dose.
Are you even taking that into consideration?
From everything I've read from any of the neem advocates I'd sa that is a big fat NO!

I think you are forgetting one very important aspect about medicine...
I don't recall who said it but:

Are you even taking that into consideration?
From everything I've read from any of the neem advocates I'd sa that is a big fat NO!

when I get sick I will literally eat 10+ grams of neem leaf powder. Thats a fuck ton of azadiractin and a lot more than anyone is getting smoking a bowl. And I'll keep that up for weeks at a time. Neem leaf powder is really cheap and really good for you. It's a blood purifier. It's bitter, but its great.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23353547

here is a toxicology study of neem. It's just not toxic to humans. I don't know what CHS is, but it sounds like a psychological issue as of now. The cure is a hot shower???? That's the cure for my bad trip or when I get the spins or a stomach flu. I highly doubt neem is affecting anyone, and if it is caused by neem, than the disorder should be considered a genetic one, rather than neem being poisonous.

Douglas.Curtis

When you look up the history of neem, the same period it became massively popular following the discovery of it, you'll also find references to "cannabis sickness" which mirrors the symptoms of CHS. (Edit: Unfortunately, I read this years ago and do not have the link. It may not be during the most massively popular time either, rather the most popular in the area it was documented.)

I'm guessing you'll find a bias against neem+cannabis with traditional trained growers in India. Their culture found out centuries ago why not.

Last edited:

Cvh

Supermod
I'm guessing you'll find a bias against neem+cannabis with traditional trained growers in India. Their culture found out centuries ago why not.

Hi D.C.

I tried googling for stories why traditional Cannabis growers in India are reluctant to use Neem on their grow.
But I don't manage to find any.

Would you mind to post some links?

The only stories I find is that people in India use it for literally anything throughout their entire history.

Thanks.

When you look up the history of neem, the same period it became massively popular following the discovery of it, you'll also find references to "cannabis sickness" which mirrors the symptoms of CHS.

I know what you're talking about but in that same time period the government in india was poisoning all the weed those people smoked with nausea inducing chemcials.

Douglas.Curtis

I was thinking about this since yesterday when I posted it. It was several years ago, and I've actually spent some time today looking for what I'd found earlier. It's been used in India for at least 4500-5000 years of recorded history. I'm trying to remember any key words which would bring up what I read, or the context it was posted in.

Right now I wish I could read/write Hindi, so I could go look it up myself and translate it.

Latest posts

Latest posts