Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Auto Flowering > New to Autoflowering. Any tips?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Herbies for Great Cannabis Genetics!
New to Autoflowering. Any tips? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2018, 06:38 PM #1
Nexus7

Nexus7 will become famous soon enoughNexus7 will become famous soon enough
New to Autoflowering. Any tips?

I normally do photos but due to certain circumstances I've decided to give Autos a try. Just looking for some basic grow tips.

I got some free auto beans. They are f2's of Robert Bergmans/ILoveGrowingMarijuana - White Widow Auto (fem). Which may be based off Greenhouse seeds White Widow or White Widow auto.

I actually got to sample some of the original buds (not the f2) and it wasn't half bad. Pretty decent actually. The guy said he got around 1oz off his plant.

Any way I was just wondering roughly how long Autos usually take from sow to harvest and what kind of yield I can expect to get? Also how should I go about feeding using grow/bloom type nutes? Any other tips or things to look out for?

I plan to be growing outdoors in a 20-25L pot using Canna terra pro medium and Canna bio nutes.

N7
Nexus7 is offline Quote

Old 10-08-2018, 08:41 PM #2
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Generally autos from seedling to harvest are anywhere between 70-85 days, 'super' autos being larger can take 85-110 days.

Indoors, do 18/6, 20/4. Wait until good warm weather planting outside. For us, that is April-May and can run until Oct, Northern Hemisphere. Other areas...Canada, upper USA, wait until May.

I've seen growers get a few zips and others (same genetics) reap a 'bud on a stick', only a few grams, either indoors or outside.

Depending on environment, light, medium, etc. Go light on bloom nutes, don't over water. Plant in same vessel when starting...transplanting, if not done properly, stunts them. Roots like deep pocket. 20-25L sounds ample. South side for maximum sun exposure.

Good luck!
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders in the USA- check out our unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds for medical conditions and recreational stimulus at down to earth prices. Now 12 years running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:40 PM #3
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
for best performance indoors some say 12/12 from day one.
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 10-08-2018, 10:03 PM #4
WHIPEDMEAT
Modortalan

WHIPEDMEAT has disabled reputation
no sense in that if you want to maximize the harvest from an autoflowering variety
WHIPEDMEAT is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:15 PM #5
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
Nope. 18/6 or 20/4 throughout. 12/12 impacts growth & yield.
John Harrigan
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders in the USA- check out our unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds for medical conditions and recreational stimulus at down to earth prices. Now 12 years running strong!

aridbud is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:16 PM #6
aridbud
automeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIPEDMEAT View Post
no sense in that if you want to maximize the harvest from an autoflowering variety
So true! Look at what you showed in another thread (Dutch Passion)...betcha that wasn't 12/12.
John Harrigan
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos

aridbud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:13 PM #7
Nexus7

Nexus7 will become famous soon enoughNexus7 will become famous soon enough
Thanks guys. I'll be growing outdoors so photoperiod is a bit out of my hands.

With the transplanting I plan on starting then in a small seeding pot then transplanting into the 20-25L pot once I see some roots at the base of the pot.

What should I look out for? Should I transplant them earlier than I normally do or just make sure I disturb the roots and soil at the base of the pot prior to transplanting?

I also found a nice thread with some more basic info here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341388

N7
Nexus7 is offline Quote

Old 10-09-2018, 02:49 PM #8
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIPEDMEAT View Post
meant to say 24hrs! https://www.growweedeasy.com/light-s...-autoflowering
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 10-09-2018, 04:20 PM #9
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Limiting their root space will impact their final size and yield. Transplanting results in a bud on a stick, IME.

As Arid mentioned, plant in the container you plan on flowering in so that roots can grow unencumbered. And remember to water smaller amounts at first.
MJPassion is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:21 PM #10
aridbud
automeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Limiting their root space will impact their final size and yield. Transplanting results in a bud on a stick, IME.

As Arid mentioned, plant in the container you plan on flowering in so that roots can grow unencumbered. And remember to water smaller amounts at first.
Bingo! 24/0...autos need time to rest before next surge. There's no appreciable benefit (indoors)to 24/0 given that autos have a limited time to grow & prosper. 20/4, 18/6. A lot of myths out there...24/0. We've done side-by-side comparisons, same strain, everything exact. It's a waste of utilities 24/0.

Outdoors in other areas where sunlight 24/0....it's temporary and uncontrollable.

Right you are N7...Cvh has it all mapped out.....follow it and you'll enjoy some fine smoke once harvested.
John Harrigan
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos

aridbud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.