What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED suggestions needed friends

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Nah, I watched them do a livestream, and asked them to show the par readings... It wasn't even close to what they said on the site like I thought... I was just being optimistic... but still for the money when you add multiples they definitely compete. Especially with no electric being spent on shit like green to give heightened par readouts of less useful light....

I've moved on to the SIL leds now though... for $200 you can build a 4'x4' that shits on quantum boards, and cobs on HLG\RapidLed that cost $1,100. No debate. A $500 DIY Samsung F-series 4' strip of lm561cs x4 is still superior to cobs\quantum boards in Par readings for half the money. Screw in lightbulb LEDs are half the cost of that.... For the $1,100 I would far prefer to buy a 3 4'x4' tents, and fill them with a even layout of 14w LEDs than to get just 1 light that only gets 300-400 umol on the corners of a 4'x4'.