Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Zamaldelica in the bushes by the Danube

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Zamaldelica in the bushes by the Danube Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2018, 11:16 PM #1
yoss33

yoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud of
Zamaldelica in the bushes by the Danube

Hi all!
This thread will be about a lanky Zamaldelica, growing in the bushes at 44 degrees north, on the Balkans, some 50 kilometers away from the most south point of the Danube.
I have another 3 plants with male preflowers growing nearby - a Thai (hybrid), another Zamaldelica and a short smelly Ace Mix plant. The idea is to take pollen from their preflowers and pollinate Zamaldelica's preflowers and make some seeds. The Zamaldelica male might not be a male, as it is now producing female preflowers (w/ pistils) on the top, while its earlier preflowers that stopped developing look ball-shaped.
So, I might actually have 2 Zamaldelica females, which is not bad at all.

THREAD SUMMARY (as of 22 Sept 2018):
After all, in the middle of September Zam#1 started flowering with both female and male flowers mixed, so it was culled.
Zam#3 continues to flower slowly, heading for November harvest.
7 seeds of Zam#3 pollinated by the Ace Mix male are almost mature and will be soon harvested.
The Thai x Skunk male is dropping its first pollen and in the following days a branch of Zam#3 will be manually pollinated.
"Wouldn't he remember his first home, what passed for wisdom there, and his fellow prisoners, and consider himself happy and them pitiable? And wouldn't he disdain whatever honors, praises, and prizes were awarded there to the ones who guessed best which shadows followed which? Moreover, were he to return there, wouldn't he be rather bad at their game, no longer being accustomed to the darkness? Wouldn't it be said of him that he went up and came back with his eyes corrupted, and that it's not even worth trying to go up? And if they were somehow able to get their hands on and kill the man who attempts to release and lead up, wouldn't they kill him?"
yoss33 is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:35 PM #2
yoss33

yoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud of
I started the last 4 seeds of a 2013 Zamaldelica pack in the beginning of April. All of them sprouted (like all Ace seeds) but one didn't make new leaves after the cotyledons and died.
Zam#1 is the tallest and most vigorous, Zam#2 is the most resionous and with fat leaves, Zam#3 is the lankiest and with strong preflowering. Zam#3 has the most attractive tutti-frutti stem smell, Zam#2's one reminds of orange/grapefruit.
Here they are - from left to right: #1, #2 and #3

#2 and #3 have female preflowers, #1 started small preflowers that looked like balls, but is now showing female preflowers.

I also started some other seeds, a few supposedly Thai seeds (Nirvana Seeds freebies) and 2 Ace Mix seeds, giving the second chance to the Thais - the first time in 2015 I grew a plant that looked Thai but was very weak in effect. The Ace Mix seeds I started because a friend that is growing guerrilla style asked me if I could start some seedlings for him.
Only one of the Thai seeds sprouted and the seedling was heavily marked by what looks like TMV. Here it is, next to the Ace Mix freebies:

I want to grow only one plant this season as I have more than enough stash from previous seasons. And decided it shall be Zam#3.
Zam#2 and AceMix#1 were given to the guerrilla friend.
"Wouldn't he remember his first home, what passed for wisdom there, and his fellow prisoners, and consider himself happy and them pitiable? And wouldn't he disdain whatever honors, praises, and prizes were awarded there to the ones who guessed best which shadows followed which? Moreover, were he to return there, wouldn't he be rather bad at their game, no longer being accustomed to the darkness? Wouldn't it be said of him that he went up and came back with his eyes corrupted, and that it's not even worth trying to go up? And if they were somehow able to get their hands on and kill the man who attempts to release and lead up, wouldn't they kill him?"
yoss33 is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:39 PM #3
yoss33

Zam#3, just transplanted outdoors 2 weeks ago:

The 2 males - Thai, Zam#1 when transplanted outdoors:

yoss33 is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:47 PM #4
yoss33

10 days later the AceMix male was added to the dudes party:

Here's the AceMix from closer. Surprisingly smelly in classic hashy and incense way. This plant, the smallest of all in the tent, smelled more than all the other plants combined. The rubbed stem smell reminds me of Orient Express, so I guess this must be the China Yunan indica smell and the AceMix plant must be Kali China or another China Yunan hybrid.

The top of the Thai plant was removed so that it doesn't cast shadow on the Zamaldelica now-female. Here's the cut top:

Zam#1:
yoss33 is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:48 PM #5
yoss33

And Zam#3:

yoss33 is offline Quote

20 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:58 PM #6
baduy

baduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of light
yoss33 + Outdoor grow + Sativa = Subbed
baduy is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:43 PM #7
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
yep, got to tag along for this one, got some plants i'm thinking to dump round various places and see what happens
gaiusmarius is online now Quote

Old 05-21-2018, 07:14 PM #8
Koondense

Koondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud of
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Well well... Yoss33 just started my favorite thread of the year

Subbed and glued!

Cheers brother

P.S.
I think you made the right decision to pick the #3 for the main spot, she looks perfect + the smell. Drool
Koondense is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2018, 07:42 PM #9
orfeas

orfeas is a splendid one to beholdorfeas is a splendid one to beholdorfeas is a splendid one to beholdorfeas is a splendid one to beholdorfeas is a splendid one to beholdorfeas is a splendid one to beholdorfeas is a splendid one to beholdorfeas is a splendid one to beholdorfeas is a splendid one to beholdorfeas is a splendid one to beholdorfeas is a splendid one to behold
Hey yoss, truly amazing what these nice little plants will turn out in a couple of months...you brought about nostalgia my friend...
wish you all the very best with them monstrous beauties come October/November...in the meanwhile I'd keep a close eye on that TMV...

orfeas

Old 05-21-2018, 07:45 PM #10
Twoey

Twoey is a jewel in the roughTwoey is a jewel in the roughTwoey is a jewel in the roughTwoey is a jewel in the roughTwoey is a jewel in the roughTwoey is a jewel in the roughTwoey is a jewel in the rough
WOW!
I'd love to see how she will develop under the sun! I had grown her indoor and loved the results
Keep it green!
Creating, I again grew sound."

Heinrich Heine

Whatever inspiration is, it’s born from a continuous “I don’t know.” (...)
This is why I value that little phrase “I don’t know” so highly. It’s small, but it flies on mighty wings. It expands our lives to include the spaces within us as well as those outer expanses in which our tiny Earth hangs suspended.
Wisława Szymborska.

Twoey is offline Quote