What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

incorrect npk and supplement ratios are some of the reasons for shitty bud

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I freely admit my Sources for Learning are not the best and i agree that there is little Attention to Quality in Horticulte Literature.

Would you mind giving me some specific Links regarding P and Ca beeing the important Macros for Quality?

There is this Idea that the Plant doesnt need Ca in later Stages, thats why Growers cut out Calcinit later on. Whats your Take on that`?

The plants take on calcium is what I look @ so with there being a shortage for the container size then that plant will never reach optimum. Therefor applying less @ the end is only 1/2 the story. They had optimum levels to begin with.

This is 60 days of Bloom.

Lacking in calcium from the beginning they look like this @ 60 days

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I freely admit my Sources for Learning are not the best and i agree that there is little Attention to Quality in Horticulte Literature.

Would you mind giving me some specific Links regarding P and Ca beeing the important Macros for Quality?

There is this Idea that the Plant doesnt need Ca in later Stages, thats why Growers cut out Calcinit later on. Whats your Take on that`?

!

Last edited:

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The plants take on calcium is what I look @ so with there being a shortage for the container size then that plant will never reach optimum. Therefor applying less &@ the end is only 1/2 the story. They had optimum levels to begin with.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40333&pictureid=1813009&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

This is 60 days of Bloom.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57316&pictureid=1614005&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Lacking in calcium from the beginning they look like this @ 60 days

Mmm someones been busy! Congrats guy!

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Plants weed plants anyway need CA as a crucial element. I can't tell you numbers because I mostly grow by eye. I listen to the plants they tell me what they want. But I can tell you for certain easiest way to get shitty results is to run out of calcium mid flower. They need mag in abundant amounts to build big flowers, but the second they run out of calcium enough to see it in the leaves. I dunno what it is but the buds are pretty much trash if you aren't close to the end anyway. But I don't think you need a whole lot though. Typically there's more than enough CA in tap water to last you but some plants want more. I started adding gypsum to my coco this last round didn't see any deficiencies out of all the various strains.

Magnesium that's what flowers really want most. I need to study more but I think you might need to keep the mag even with the P.

maimunji

R Over feeding is the number one cause of shitty bud.

View Image

I got a lot of props on this plant, even my haters were giving me kudos. Honestly it's one of the worst plants I've grown, way overfed too much nitrogen smallish buds from the aforementioned overfeeding.

Just further cements in my mind the proliferation of bad growers growing badly.

View Image

One of my better grows and I was told to go kill myself cuz I suck. I guess people don't like seeing properly grown plants with a nice fade on it.
I think people either don't know how to grow good weed any more or there's a conspiracy to keep people growing stunted over fed plants and sell more bottles. Somehow dark green small frosty buds became the new proper grown.

Sadly but true. Best post in this thread hands down.

jidoka

94246BC5-5454-479C-B7B9-9027693C286C.jpg

DD3AFD1E-DDE1-4604-AD9D-F17F33042374.jpeg

In coco. These plants have 50% more Ca in the tissue than K. Quantity followed quality

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sure look like your cytokinin levels were pushed, your fill in and fill out are impressive. Congratulations.

Last edited:

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
12 days to go so don’t know. But I find that question completely useless. Once you know you see the obvious lies on this forum

I can't make out the lighting or the plants par lamp but it looks nice & full. I like a 1/2 pipe. Well Done.

I might try that style in my Big Tent. Is there any pruning you have to do to set that shape in the plant? Any pointers?

jidoka

Mate...I will pm you.

The point is zero bottled nutes have good ratios period. What slow is saying is the truth. Figure it out for yourself is my point

growingcrazy

Me: What is are your fertilizer rates?

Grower: I put a gallon of 2-3-1 into a 275 gallon tote...

Me: So how much NPK was that over the 8 week cycle?

Grower: 6 gallons?

Me: What was your budget, again?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
. Of course you can't get close to the ratios needed in the "mythical soil". That is what makes hydro so lousy. Hydro looks great, often smells great, but the terps, oils, yields and at the end of the day, smoking quality, aren't there IMHO.!
This wasn't true for me, even when I was only growing better crap than everyone around me. Since I was shown truly clean cannabis and have pursued it myself, I find my hydro cannabis to be significantly higher terp quality than soil. Amazingly and stupendously better... :tiphat:

Are you bowing and scraping to the holy ionic pathway? Your flowers most likely look like the one PoweredByLove didn't like. Cannabis has multiple paths of nutrient uptake, in addition to passive ionic uptake. Cannabis even absorbs elements it has zero need for, something which unwittingly affects the quality of many a soil grow. You're correct, PoweredByLove, it looks like crap and I'm glad you recognize it. :) Seriously overfed and no way to fix it, even with flushing for a month of sundays. The excesses are permanently bound to the plant tissue and you could definitely tell when using it, I'm sure.

Proper NPK and micros balance (and exclusion of unnecessary elements) is essential to growing superior quality cannabis. Feeding programs which allow only the necessary nutrients to be available, as the plant is able to use them, keeps excesses from building up and quality at optimum.

Any excess element in your mix will decrease your quality. Period. The more balanced your mix is, the closer you can get to maximum feed without damaging quality if/when your environmental conditions change (in an unwanted manner). A slight change in transpiration will mean overfeeding, with your excess element banging your quality down hard at that point.

I'm sure there are soil growers who grow better quality than I do. I'm also sure I simply haven't met the 1% who qualify. In comparison to clean hydro? The soil cannabis everyone is raving about tastes a lot like dirt, with a lot less flavor.

Those who have had their eyes opened to truly clean cannabis (soft, cool, flavorful and aromatic "air" when smoked, tasty down to the last hit in the bowl. Hydro or Soil it doesn't matter when done right), you know exactly what I'm talking about.
:tiphat:

jidoka

This wasn't true for me, even when I was only growing better crap than everyone around me. Since I was shown truly clean cannabis and have pursued it myself, I find my hydro cannabis to be significantly higher terp quality than soil. Amazingly and stupendously better... :tiphat:

Are you bowing and scraping to the holy ionic pathway? Your flowers most likely look like the one PoweredByLove didn't like. Cannabis has multiple paths of nutrient uptake, in addition to passive ionic uptake. Cannabis even absorbs elements it has zero need for, something which unwittingly affects the quality of many a soil grow. You're correct, PoweredByLove, it looks like crap and I'm glad you recognize it. :) Seriously overfed and no way to fix it, even with flushing for a month of sundays. The excesses are permanently bound to the plant tissue and you could definitely tell when using it, I'm sure.

Proper NPK and micros balance (and exclusion of unnecessary elements) is essential to growing superior quality cannabis. Feeding programs which allow only the necessary nutrients to be available, as the plant is able to use them, keeps excesses from building up and quality at optimum.

Any excess element in your mix will decrease your quality. Period. The more balanced your mix is, the closer you can get to maximum feed without damaging quality if/when your environmental conditions change (in an unwanted manner). A slight change in transpiration will mean overfeeding, with your excess element banging your quality down hard at that point.

I'm sure there are soil growers who grow better quality than I do. I'm also sure I simply haven't met the 1% who qualify. In comparison to clean hydro? The soil cannabis everyone is raving about tastes a lot like dirt, with a lot less flavor.

Those who have had their eyes opened to truly clean cannabis (soft, cool, flavorful and aromatic "air" when smoked, tasty down to the last hit in the bowl. Hydro or Soil it doesn't matter when done right), you know exactly what I'm talking about.
:tiphat:

How do you feel about nickel, cobalt, iodine? Good or bad?

Latest posts

Latest posts