What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Queen Mother

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to see nice plants from your Queen Mother seeds.

As far as i know, Mario (Delicatessen breeder) has moved to another place for breeding, so until more stock of his lines is produced the Delicatessen stock listed at our website will be the last Delicatessen packs we will offer until further notice. So get them while they are available!

Best wishes to Mario in this new chapter of his life.

regseeds

Are there any Queen Mother analysis reports on the web? I've sampled this many times in Valencia, Great strain

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hope all goes well for Mario. I have one EDY going and some Upstream waiting. They have beautiful plants. Almost a great secret. Thanks Dubi for making these available.
Peace

ColaCalyx

Outdoor Queen Mother

Outdoor Queen Mother

My Queen Mother AKA Sticks
Interesting plant. Has some mutations. Wants to grow very columnar. Smells great

Attachments

• 20180719_155922.jpg
    20180719_155922.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 27

ColaCalyx

Queen Mother building buds

Queen Mother building buds

Queen Mother for me has been very deliberate with her growth and she is taking her time building these buds. She has very dark green leaves with almost a bluish tint at times. Beautiful towers!:biggrin:

Attachments

• 20180827_191418.jpg
    20180827_191418.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 27

ColaCalyx

QM budding

QM budding

Howzit brickweeder - here ya go
She got real hungry for the stretch. I fed fish hydrolysate which gave her what she wanted. Now I just scratched in bat guano and applied a thick layer of EWC.
These pictures are from last week. She's been picking up speed and putting on more resin. I'll update soon

Attachments

• QM.jpg
    QM.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20180829_125437.jpg
    20180829_125437.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180829_125415.jpg
    20180829_125415.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 19

brickweeder

Thanks ColaC. Appreciate the feeding info during stretch. I am running destroyer right now, and had up-planted a week before flip...after the 3-week stretch, she started to show N def, and I've been chasing this def since. Used teas from bat guano, alfalfa and kelp, and no dice. I think this one is going to be nute def till the end. That stretch really tears through the nutes...so will be feeding N for at least 3 weeks from flip from now on. Sounds like the same needs to be done for QM.

ColaCalyx

Hey brickweeder - good to know for destroyer too, I'm interested in growing that strain soon.
The Fish hydrolysate is my go to for N deficiencies...it's soluble nitrogen ready to uptake quickly and stays in the soil awhile....giving you the benefit of a quick and sustained release.
Hope your Destroyer grow ends with a nice harvest - irie vibes:tiphat:

Montuno

...como el Son...
IIRC there's a post by Sam the Skunkman somewhere in the depths of IC in which he says that for creating Skunk he used the Mexican to shorten the flowering time of his Columbian/Afghani hybrid (...)

But if the Mexican strain in Skunk is Acapulco Gold (like the legend sais), I think that A.G. is the worst Mexican strain to shorthen the florewing of a ColombianXAfghan hybrid...(?)

Last edited:

brickweeder

Not to sidetrack this thread with a skunk component discussion, QM has an 8-9 week flowering time...that is super quick for a sat. I checked Seedfin###.E# and they are showing some pakistani genes...that makes sense. But who really knows if it has pakistani in it or whether the short flowering time is from some other unrecorded cross.

herbgreen

Veteran
Not to sidetrack this thread with a skunk component discussion, QM has an 8-9 week flowering time...that is super quick for a sat. I checked Seedfin###.E# and they are showing some pakistani genes...that makes sense. But who really knows if it has pakistani in it or whether the short flowering time is from some other unrecorded cross.

It uses Ace Congo that has PCK in it......

baduy

Queen mother is (Zamal X local spanish sativa) X Congo (different from Ace's line)
The short flowering is probably from the spanish sativa of unknown lineage.
Mario the breeder has been selecting for long discarding the long flowering plants and the too leafy ones

ColaCalyx

Queen Mother has cool booger colored pistils (yellow/light green) that are really unique, I haven't seen that color yet. Her pistils are the longest and are wavy like hair. She has formed some fairly dense buds with almond shaped calyxes and the resin production is really picking up. She is steadily growing better and better. I'm very impressed with the strength of her limbs. She has built her structure and flower steady and deliberate...seems to be the wise elder of the group.

Attachments

• QMbud.jpg
    QMbud.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 26
  • QMclose.jpg
    QMclose.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 24

baduy

Hey brickweeder - good to know for destroyer too, I'm interested in growing that strain soon.
The Fish hydrolysate is my go to for N deficiencies...it's soluble nitrogen ready to uptake quickly and stays in the soil awhile....giving you the benefit of a quick and sustained release.
Hope your Destroyer grow ends with a nice harvest - irie vibes:tiphat:

love fish Hydrolysate but 2 years ago I learned the hard way not to use it in a guerrilla setting. This stuff is a magnet to some I don't know what, foxes or badgers. Came back to my grow a week after applying FH and found only holes in the ground and destroyed dead plants

ColaCalyx

love fish Hydrolysate but 2 years ago I learned the hard way not to use it in a guerrilla setting. This stuff is a magnet to some I don't know what, foxes or badgers. Came back to my grow a week after applying FH and found only holes in the ground and destroyed dead plants

Yes, I found a relative's lap dog digging away in one of my pots - they love the stuff. He can barely jump up on the couch anymore, but he got into a tall fabric pot to get at it. Now I have bigger taller pots with cages around them and no more problems.

NENugger

Bad news stem rot I believe
picture.php

a few days later dying plant, took 4 branch tips for clones to preserve. will pull out of ground today.
picture.php

goodbye beautiful girl