What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Resin Infused Hemp Seed Oil Capsules

JuneBugJoe

Is there anyone out there that is making Cannabis infused Hemp Seed Oil?

Now.... to clear this question up so there is not much confusion on where I'm trying to go with this....

Nutiva, has an Organic Cold Pressed Hemp Seed Oil that is rich in amino acids, Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9

Also, there are cold press machines to make your own hemp seed and other seed oils, which I'm sure we can get into a bit later. "can't press out and filter your own coconut oil very easily"

As I have understood, the process of infusing the cannabis resin that is rich in endo cannabinoids, terpenes and terpenoids etc. etc. can be molecularly attached to other oils for infusion.

This is how people are able to infuse cannabis, kif or BHO and other hashes with coconut oil.

So is there anyone out there using Organic Hemp Seed Oil to infuse essential cannabis oils? If so.... This leads me to a few more questions.

What was the process you went through and the amounts of starting product to have an idea of potency of the final product.

The idea basically is to replace coconut oil with hemp seed oil for infusing cannabis resin to then make the capsules. Therefore you are getting the two essential building blocks of life that can bring the body to homeostasis ... The phytocannabinoids in the cannabis resin and the essential amino acids and omegas in the hemp seed oil.

synergy baby

Heres another one to throw in that equation... super blue green algae oil. or any other health beneficial algae oil.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hello,

The issue with infusing in hemp oil, as you probably know, is that you cannot heat up hemp oil or it will loose its properties. I am unsure how much heat you can apply, smoke point is 165 C, but I would not go more than 50 C if you want to preserve everything in there.

You need heat and mixing to break up cannabinoids, terpens, into the oil, to get a good bioavailability.
Hence the coconut oil which is good for this purpose.

But you re right hemp oil does contains good stuff that could potentially help much more than coconut.

Therefore, I say that you should extract hash or oil (qwiso / bho), then mix it in high quantity to olive oil (such as 1g hash to 5g olive ), with some soy/sunflower lecithin, using "standard" procedures. Then, you can mix this highly concentrated olive oil to mix with hemp oil, mechanically with no heat or very little (40-50 C). With the lecithin, it should make a nice mix, containing mostly hemp oil, then a bit of olive oil and your cannabinoids and such.

With a ratio of 1:5 for olive oil, if you were to mix the olive mix with hemp with a 1:5 ratio for example, you would get 4% (1/5*1/5) of hash in your final hemp mix.
Depending on your application, to get 50 mg of THC for example which starts to be strong, using a good 70% hash (needed : 50 mg/0.70= 72 mg of hash ) , you would have a serving of about 2g ( 72 / 0.04 = 1800 mg ) of the final hemp/olive/hash mix. Seem like pretty good to me for a capsul ?
Of course that s just an example, you ll have to choose your ratio depending on your needs.

Let me know if you got any question. Would love to see other shimes on to review my suggestion as well, as I have quite a bit of experience in cooking cannabis, but I am no expert.

Cheers,

T.

As I have understood, the process of infusing the cannabis resin that is rich in endo cannabinoids, terpenes and terpenoids etc. etc. can be molecularly attached to other oils for infusion.
you probably meant phytocannabinoid, endo cannabinoid being the ones produced by your body.

mojoman

I make canna caps with leaf for my friends who don't want the buzz...works good orally or topically...last run my wife had an idea...why not add a drop of honey-oil to each cap...I keep these to myself, and we call them hornets...;))

mojo